2013 AL Central

I noticed the MLB TV subscription dropped down to $99 so I subscribed since it's supposed run smoother on the PS3 than the PC w/HDMI. Although not perfect, it was much better...although it would probably look even better on a 42" than my 60". Anyway, Tivo now has an MLB TV App for the Premiere which has been out for the past couple weeks...but it still hasn't been pushed to my machines. I hope it works well because I would just as soon run in on the Tivo.

Two good pitchers facing each other again tonight at Comerica with Fister (5-2, 3.28 ERA) going against Cobb (6-2, 2.66). Of course, the Tigers ran up a touchdown and a field goals against Moore last night so we'll see - they are much better team at home. Also, when is Jackson coming back? I'm not as angry about blowing 4-games last week since Austin is still out of the lineup. Of course, the Tigers gotta do something about the bullpen before the trade deadline.

Fister is throwing another gem, but it's 0-0 in Detroit after 7. Fister got screwed after having pitched 7 scoreless innings in Pittsburgh last week. Hopefully we can win a close game...just as long as we keep Fister pitching and make that call to the bullpen.

Fister is throwing another gem, but it's 0-0 in Detroit after 7. Fister got screwed after having pitched 7 scoreless innings in Pittsburgh last week. Hopefully we can win a close game...just as long as we keep Fister pitching and make that call to the bullpen.

They wasted another great starting pitching performance.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I didn't realize the Tigers played an afternoon game today. Anyway, Scherzer's record improves to 8-0.

Yup,
Stunning game today, Martinez hit a HR and Avila had a hit, thats amazing ....

Personally, I think Martinez is coming around, finally, if he picks it up in the last 2/3rds of the season, I'll be happy as will Tigers fans !
He doesn't need to hit HR's, but the clutch 2 out and risp hits are what I'm hoping for.

Chances are, the game is on FSD tonight if you want to see it.

I too feel that Martinez is on the verge of returning to form. As for Avila...well, let's just hope he picks-up his average 60-70 points by the end of the season. We'll need both bats because we're going to lose Jhonny Perata for an extended period of time. BTW, did you hear how long Peralta will be suspended? It's going to be 50 games, minimum, and perhaps as long as 100 games. Either way, this suspension really screws us up at SS.

Yup,
Stunning game today, Martinez hit a HR and Avila had a hit, thats amazing ....

Personally, I think Martinez is coming around, finally, if he picks it up in the last 2/3rds of the season, I'll be happy as will Tigers fans !
He doesn't need to hit HR's, but the clutch 2 out and risp hits are what I'm hoping for.

Chances are, the game is on FSD tonight if you want to see it.

I mentioned that I didn't think Martinez would have a great year before the season started. He is an older player coming off a season long injury. As good as he was average wise and with runners in scoring position 2 seasons ago his power was pretty much gone even then so I was worried about how he would bounce back.

I think his second half will hopefully be better than his first but I'm not expecting the old VMart to walk out on that field again.

I mentioned that I didn't think Martinez would have a great year before the season started. He is an older player coming off a season long injury. As good as he was average wise and with runners in scoring position 2 seasons ago his power was pretty much gone even then so I was worried about how he would bounce back.

I think his second half will hopefully be better than his first but I'm not expecting the old VMart to walk out on that field again.

Home Runs is not what he's in the line up for.

I too feel that Martinez is on the verge of returning to form. As for Avila...well, let's just hope he picks-up his average 60-70 points by the end of the season. We'll need both bats because we're going to lose Jhonny Perata for an extended period of time. BTW, did you hear how long Peralta will be suspended? It's going to be 50 games, minimum, and perhaps as long as 100 games. Either way, this suspension really screws us up at SS.

From the article I read today, the suspension will likely not happen this year, if MLB tries to move it along quickly, the Players Assoc. will appeal until it ends up not happening till after the season ... at least thats one persons opinion.

Also theres talk that it may go to the courts and ya know how slow that takes, remember the NFL this past year that took like 3 months to come to a conclusion.

From the article I read today, the suspension will likely not happen this year, if MLB tries to move it along quickly, the Players Assoc. will appeal until it ends up not happening till after the season ... at least thats one persons opinion.

Also theres talk that it may go to the courts and ya know how slow that takes, remember the NFL this past year that took like 3 months to come to a conclusion.

Good...let Jhonny play while he's having a good year (odd year) and have him sit next year (even year) when he sucks at the plate once again. :)

Elsewhere, Tigers start a weekend home stand against the Indians tomorrow with JV on the mound.

Interesting stat:
The Tigers have 13 consecutive 7 innings or better starts from thier staff and have about a 2.50 era in that span.

Home Runs is not what he's in the line up for.

Well yeah but when power starts to decrease that usually means bat speed is starting to decrease and when bat speed starts to decrease so do hits. I hope I'm wrong but I kind of thought this might happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well yeah but when power starts to decrease that usually means bat speed is starting to decrease and when bat speed starts to decrease so do hits. I hope I'm wrong but I kind of thought this might happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Line drives up the gap work fine for me :)

Is there any sites out there that keep track of your current RISP play ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)