2013 AL Central

Miguel Cabrera just hit ANOTHER one out, he is on quite a roll ...

28 HR's and 89 rbi, before the ASG, with what another week to play !

How often do you see someone over 90 rbi at the ASG, thats a Good year fro alot of players.

2 good games against Cleveland to pick up ground and then a game they lose ... so the happy feeling after taking the first 2 may be all for nothing if they lose to them tomorrow ...

Tigers go up 1-0 early, fall behind 6-1, tie it up and then fall apart and end up losing 9-6.

Just wanted to let all you Tiger fans know that Twins fans still read this thread. We just don't have much to say these days.

For those who haven't noticed, Tigers Victor Martinez is hitting .390 in the last 10 games, finally may have gotten past his knee surgery issues.

Teams have started to pitch around Prince and Victor is making them pay ... like last night, in the 10th, when he doubled both Cabrera and Prince home after they were walked to get to him.

Despite what I said about Victor earlier he sure is on fire now. Back to back for him and Johnny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And Victor Martinez CONTINUES to HIT !

His avg not that long ago was around .220, he's up in the .260+ range now and climbing.
He's hit over .400 in July and almost .400 in June.

Currently he's at .268, also, think about how much harder it is to raise your avg this late in the year. :)

Scherzer had a No hitter thru 5, but has since given up a few hits and 1 run, currently leading 4-1 in the 8th.

Martinez went 4-5 with 3 rbi.
Currently hitting .270

Last edited:
Nice game for the Tigers, Miggy day to day

Martinez stays HOT and for the first time last night, I didn't feel the PANIC that is Bruce Rondon ...

He's starting to get comfortable I think.

That can only be a GOOD thing for the Tigers, he pitched very well down in Toledo.

Last edited:
I really like what Rondon is doing. It never hurts to have someone come out of the bullpen throwing 100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So what's the status on Miggy? Although it sucks not having him in the lineup, I would rather see Leyland place him on IR for a week where he can go to rehab (chiropractor, masseuse, spa, etc.) and come back 100%.

If you go on the IR, it's for a minimum of 15 days.
From listening to the guys before the game tonight, it sounded like he may be back tomorrow or the next day, getting around very well today and has a smile on his face !

What a play by the Tigers 2B Perez, went deep towards the bag dove, and threw from his knees to 1b to get the out (4th inning).

Web Gem here !

At tonight's game!

image-4215627411.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)