2013 AL Central

Anyways....Tribe lose!

No, no, no. That's TWINS WIN! ;)

An aside: when did "anyway" gain an "s" and become plural. You see and hear it everywhere, but I don't remember it as a youngster. Not an indictment of anyone's grammar—though I do not like it—just a question.

Hopefully the Tigers bats are swinging a sweet tune this afternoon because I have little faith and confidence that Porcello will help us close the sweep over the Mets. I know it's a controversial subject, but I love Inter-League play. Did anyone catch Max Scherzer getting a hit yesterday?

Hopefully the Tigers bats are swinging a sweet tune this afternoon because I have little faith and confidence that Porcello will help us close the sweep over the Mets. I know it's a controversial subject, but I love Inter-League play. Did anyone catch Max Scherzer getting a hit yesterday?

I'm a fan of inter-league play too and Max's RBI double was great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm a big fan of inter-league play. They do it in other sports, why not baseball.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a big fan of inter-league play. They do it in other sports, why not baseball.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Technically they don't do it in other sports. Other sports only have one league. Baseball is the only sport with two completely different leagues.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Technically they don't do it in other sports. Other sports only have one league. Baseball is the only sport with two completely different leagues.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

They may not technically be leagues but the AFC and NFC are essentially the same thing in the NFL.

They may not technically be leagues but the AFC and NFC are essentially the same thing in the NFL.

Technically its not because they are under the same league with the same rules. The AL and NL are two different leagues with different rules.

I think eventually you will see these two leagues fully merge into one league with different conferences and the same rules. It will probably look like that of the NBA or NHL divided by west and east conference with three divisions in each conference. The NL, sadly, will eventually adopt the DH (one of the worst things to happen to baseball) as well.

Technically its not because they are under the same league with the same rules. The AL and NL are two different leagues with different rules.

I think eventually you will see these two leagues fully merge into one league with different conferences and the same rules. It will probably look like that of the NBA or NHL divided by west and east conference with three divisions in each conference. The NL, sadly, will eventually adopt the DH (one of the worst things to happen to baseball) as well.

I like the NL style rules but I agree that some day both leagues will use the DH. I'd much rather do it NFL style and keep them separate than NBA/NHL eastern and western conferences. I'd hate to get rid of the current divisions and rivalries by basing it on geography.

I like the NL style rules but I agree that some day both leagues will use the DH. I'd much rather do it NFL style and keep them separate than NBA/NHL eastern and western conferences. I'd hate to get rid of the current divisions and rivalries by basing it on geography.

I see what you are saying. If they did adopt the NBA/NHL format, California will be its on division since we already have 5 teams in this state alone. No more division rivalry for the Dodgers with the DBacks and Rockies. No more rivalry for the Angels with the Rangers and Mariners.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. If they did adopt the NBA/NHL format, California will be its on division since we already have 5 teams in this state alone. No more division rivalry for the Dodgers with the DBacks and Rockies. No more rivalry for the Angels with the Rangers and Mariners.

He ended up pitching a good game even though he lost the lead temporarily. Tigers poured it on in the 9th to break the game open.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

After sweeping the Mets, as they should have, but never seem to do against teams they should ...

They need to go out and play good ball and win this week and next.
They play Oakland next, then Cleveland, then Boston and KC. Next two weeks, lets see how they come out of it.

IF they take care of business, the AL Central may be all but over.

KC pretty much done now, but has a history of trying to ruin the Tigers year, every year.

The Indians are 6 games out at the moment and have a 3 game series coming up this week that would help Cleveland considerably if they took all 3.

The Tigers and Red Sox could be an AL Playoff preview, as could Oakland.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts