2013 AL Central

Before I forget..why were these announcers questioning Martinez' HR? Although the ball was below the railing, it was 3-feet above to the yellow line on the top of the outfield wall. In other words, the ball was hit into the crowd and there could not be fan interference...that only occurs if a fan reaches over the yellow line and/or onto the playing field field. Again, these announcers should familiarize themselves with the rules and not with some "We'll never know if he could have caught it" nonsense.

Before I forget..why were these announcers questioning Martinez' HR? Although the ball was below the railing, it was 3-feet above to the yellow line on the top of the outfield wall. In other words, the ball was hit into the crowd and there could not be fan interference...that only occurs if a fan reaches over the yellow line and/or onto the playing field field. Again, these announcers should familiarize themselves with the rules and not with some "We'll never know if he could have caught it" nonsense.

They were feeling that Reddick may have caught it if the fans hadn't got in the way.

Game 5 should be a good one in Oakland. Hopefully JV pitches like JV and, unlike the entire season, the team actually gives JV some run support. Perhaps we should have Max pitch since he only pitched 2-innings this evening and we give him plenty of runs.

Game 5 should be a good one in Oakland. Hopefully JV pitches like JV and, unlike the entire season, the team actually gives JV some run support. Perhaps we should have Max pitch since he only pitched 2-innings this evening and we give him plenty of runs.

Maybe Scherzer will come in to relieve Verlander in the 8th inning !

Now that the Tigers have won game 4, I would make several changes going into game 5.

I would move Peralta to 3B, move Cabrera to DH (to get him out of the field, less time on the field might help him), move Victor Martinez to Catcher. This way you still have the pop in the lineup and you take a bat, or a piece of dead wood out of the line up (avila's bat) ...

I'm thinking Dirks in LF, because I currently can't think of anyone better, but Leyland would contemplate the 25th man on the roster starting in LF, thats Don Kelly for you non Tigers fans ... he hits about .225, but ya gotta have someone out there.

That's an interesting suggestion. Avila looks absolutely pathetic at the plate and Cabrera is a hindrance at 3B with his, what seems like, a season long pain-in-the-groin injury. I wouldn't rule out Don Kelly playing in Game 5 (he has been clutch in prior postseasons) but I doubt Leyland will tinker with things. He's just go with Verlander, Scherzer and Benoit...and hope for the best. We shall see.

Now that the Tigers have won game 4, I would make several changes going into game 5.

I would move Peralta to 3B, move Cabrera to DH (to get him out of the field, less time on the field might help him), move Victor Martinez to Catcher. This way you still have the pop in the lineup and you take a bat, or a piece of dead wood out of the line up (avila's bat) ...

I'm thinking Dirks in LF, because I currently can't think of anyone better, but Leyland would contemplate the 25th man on the roster starting in LF, thats Don Kelly for you non Tigers fans ... he hits about .225, but ya gotta have someone out there.

Right now Avila couldn't make contact with a bowling ball rolled to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)