2013 AL Central

Congratulations to the Tigers. Now that they are done with Minnesota, I'll be pulling for them the rest of way. Get Tori a ring.

Tigers wrap up the AL Central, 1-0 over the Twins. Tigers have won 3 consecutive Division titles for the first time since WW1.

Not a big division T shirt guy, but the "we own the central" shirts are pretty cool will have to get one!

Elsewhere, the Indians are one full-game ahead of Texas for the final Wild Card spot and have won 6 in a row. They face the Wings this evening. Will the Twins play the spoiler and prevent Cleveland from making the playoffs? We shall see...

Peralta just hit a really nice double off the base of the wall in right-center to score a run. Holy crap our bottom half of the batter order is almost as good as the top half.

and they are still trailing ....

I think that Iggy has gone back to his expected batting stroke .... hasn't hit in awhile now.

WHY is Cabrera playing ?

He should be OFF for the rest of the season.

Crappy loss last night for the Tigers...strange playing a Saturday night game, in Miami, this time of year.

All the Tigers Saturday games have been evening games for most of the season, same goes with most teams I think, all because of the stupid FOX agreement.

I really don't know if the Tigers will get very far this Post Season, they are playing terrible down the stretch, so much for Post Season momentum. :rolleyes:

Hopefully they start playing better when the Bright Lights are on.

Wish the Tigers would have won last nights game. Oh well we now know that they will be starting out at Oakland, should be an interesting one. I think will be a challenging matchup

Wish the Tigers would have won last nights game. Oh well we now know that they will be starting out at Oakland, should be an interesting one. I think will be a challenging matchup

I agree, this could go either way ....

Btw, these are 7 game series in the first round, right ?

Ok Tiger fans, seeing the Post Season for the Tigers will start on Friday ....

How do you set up the Rotation, counting on them going with a 4 man rotation ?

Personally, I would go with :

1. Scherzer
2. Sanchez
3. Verlander
4. Fister

Porcello is already being used in the pen along with Smyly of course.

There was talk that the Tigers have corrected a flaw with Smyly's delivery and he's looking much better.

Tigers haven't had a hit yet today in the top of the 8th now.

Looking at the line up they have out there today , theres a very good chance that they get no hit today.

Kelly
Dirks
Tuiasoopo
Peralta
Perez
Iggy
Castelanois
Santiago

Pitcher

Fwiw, Verlander pitched the first 6 innings, gave up 3 hits, no runs, 1 walk and 10 K's.

Bs. This is why I hate Leyland. Your offense is already struggling. So sit them for a week. Btw no excuse for not getting a hit today there are capable hitters in that lineup. Pathetic. This is why I was complaining two weeks ago. Now we go to Oakland for two games. Smart managing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts