2013 AL Central

I mean how many sliders is this idiot going to throw in a row before he or the manager realizes they know it's coming? So dumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Solid pitching outing by JV last night, but our bats didn't get the job done. In all fairness, the As rookie threw a very good game...but we needed to get hits and score runs. Well it's on to Detroit. Of course, after making is stay-up late for these West Coast games they are not having a 1:00 PM game time on Monday to screw-up both the Tigers and the As fans. It's Monday Selig!!! Why not start the game at 7:00 PM???

Solid pitching outing by JV last night, but our bats didn't get the job done. In all fairness, the As rookie threw a very good game...but we needed to get hits and score runs. Well it's on to Detroit. Of course, after making is stay-up late for these West Coast games they are not having a 1:00 PM game time on Monday to screw-up both the Tigers and the As fans. It's Monday Selig!!! Why not start the game at 7:00 PM???

My question all along has been, WHY do that have to schedule ALL the games on Monday, usually it's 2 one day and 2 the next or however many are left now.

So the two home games for the Tigers and the Tigers fans can't even see them, they play the away games in the middle of the night, so you can't see all of them either.
Thanks alot Mr. Selig ... your the one making the calls and agreeing to these stupid time slots, that and you slod out to TBS, a cable only channel so people can't see games without a Cable/ Sat package ...

Hopefully whoever takes Seligs place, immediately goes and changes the stupid things Selig has done to baseball.
Removing the ASG from the WS would be the first thing.
He's already added the 2nd WC game, unfortunately, I don't see that changing, but it has watered down the playoffs in my opinion.

Selig has been taking stupid lessons from Bettman. BTW, I did't realize the Tigers-As Tuesday game started at 5:00 PM. Sucks for Tigers fans and really sucks for As fans (11:00 AM and 2:00 PM local starting times during week. Knowing Selig, he'll probably expand the WC to 4-team per league and institute a bat-out after the 10th inning. :rolleyes:

Selig has been taking stupid lessons from Bettman. BTW, I did't realize the Tigers-As Tuesday game started at 5:00 PM. Sucks for Tigers fans and really sucks for As fans (11:00 AM and 2:00 PM local starting times during week. Knowing Selig, he'll probably expand the WC to 4-team per league and institute a bat-out after the 10th inning. :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping he doesn't ruin any more in Baseball before he leaves.

Tigers fans, don't forget, Tomorrow game time is 1 pm, for any of you that don't have to work, at least some will be able to see the game.

Also, Jhonny Peralta will be starting in LF, I like this idea, get another bat in the line up.

You never know how his play in the left field will be, but nit can't be any worse than Delmon Young previous years, Dirks doesn't seem to be the spark he was earlier in the year and I think for some reason his Defense has been lacking as well, not sure why, but everything is an adventure for him ... If LF has to be an adventure, I'd rather take my chances with Peralta.

I agree that the scheduling for the Tigers-A's series is ridiculous. I have 2 little ones who are up at 6:00am every day, so staying up past 1:00am to watch games 1 and 2 made for a pretty rough weekend. Why 1:00pm? In what other professional team sport are there playoff games scheduled in the middle of the day on a weekday? I won't be able to watch today's game unless I can find a way to slip out of work to catch the last couple of innings at a bar. To make matters worse the MLB Network doesn't have their programming information updated, so I can't schedule my DirecTV DVR to record the game remotely.

Tigers fans, don't forget, Tomorrow game time is 1 pm, for any of you that don't have to work, at least some will be able to see the game.

Also, Jhonny Peralta will be starting in LF, I like this idea, get another bat in the line up.

You never know how his play in the left field will be, but nit can't be any worse than Delmon Young previous years, Dirks doesn't seem to be the spark he was earlier in the year and I think for some reason his Defense has been lacking as well, not sure why, but everything is an adventure for him ... If LF has to be an adventure, I'd rather take my chances with Peralta.

Well, since I'm on paid furlough (stupid government) I've decided to take a break from work and watch the game (yeah, most of us our still working behind the scenes). I'm glad to see Jhonny in LF (I think he'll do well) and I predict Sanchez will pitch a strong game. My only question is will they be able to get in a day game due to rain? If nothing else, the game time could always slip 6-7 hours. :)

I agree that the scheduling for the Tigers-A's series is ridiculous. I have 2 little ones who are up at 6:00am every day, so staying up past 1:00am to watch games 1 and 2 made for a pretty rough weekend. Why 1:00pm? In what other professional team sport are there playoff games scheduled in the middle of the day on a weekday? I won't be able to watch today's game unless I can find a way to slip out of work to catch the last couple of innings at a bar. To make matters worse the MLB Network doesn't have their programming information updated, so I can't schedule my DirecTV DVR to record the game remotely.

My Tivos updated yesterday, but MLBN shows the game as starting at 1:30 PM (not 1:07 PM) and just says Division Series: Teams TBA. Selig must be taking it on the Tigers just because we bounced the Yankees the past two years.

Well, since I'm on paid furlough (stupid government) I've decided to take a break from work and watch the game (yeah, most of us our still working behind the scenes). I'm glad to see Jhonny in LF (I think he'll do well) and I predict Sanchez will pitch a strong game. My only question is will they be able to get in a day game due to rain? If nothing else, the game time could always slip 6-7 hours. :)

So far so good on the weather. There is no rain yet and I think they are just expecting some light rain when it does come. It is overcast and in the mid 40s right now though. Perfect baseball postseason weather.

They do have heart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The series is tied 1-1 and both teams have scored the exact same amount of runs total in the series. The series has been very tight and even up to this point but Oakland has heart and Detroit doesn't? If that is the case heart isn't worth a whole lot.

Sanchez does not have his best stuff this afternoon. At least we're hitting. I just hope we don't bring in Porcello.

I'd be alright with Porcello today. Sanchez is struggling early and Porcello is probably their best shot at going multiple innings so we can get the the back end of the bullpen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)