2014 NFL off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ray Rice and Aldon Smith have already been disciplined by the league? I believe both their arrests happened before Irsay's.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Rice has not yet been disciplined by the league.

EDIT: Neither has Smith....

I know. Ryan Clark and his 1st take cohorts. I saw the video and none of them brought up Rice or Smith. But I guess knocking your fiance out cold, Is cool with them.

I used to like that show, back before Stephen A was a regular. Don't watch it anymore....

So where's the hypocrisy?

The fact that he has done nothing in the case of Rice or Smith IS A MIRACLE and in reality and has NOT been the norm, and waiting is the way he SHOULD have handled the cases with previous players. But there is NOTHING to investigate on Irsay and the example he has CLEARLY showed has been guilty until proven innocent..and even then, he has still suspended players.

The fact that he has done nothing in the case of Rice or Smith IS A MIRACLE and in reality and has NOT been the norm, and waiting is the way he SHOULD have handled the cases with previous players. But there is NOTHING to investigate on Irsay and the example he has CLEARLY showed has been guilty until proven innocent..and even then, he has still suspended players.

They haven't done anything in the Bowe case either. Who besides Roethlisberger has been suspended without an outcome to their case? Maybe they learned their lesson from that situation, because I haven't seen it since.

Heh, you can't reason with them about Goodell, I've tried. He was recently asked about Irsay and said he was letting it play out further before taking action, and in the other cases I am pretty sure the league office (Goodell doesn't do all of the fining, shocker, I know) waits until the legal system has run it's course before imposing penalties on top of that. Bowe has yet to go to court and his dates have repeatedly slipped/been pushed back. Aldon Smith was in court this week, and Ray Rice and his wife have a press conference scheduled today and will probably not face criminal charges (will be surprised if he doesn't sit a game though). Each of these players are represented by a union that will appeal automatically no matter how light/hard the league is on them so everything that is done has to be careful and deliberate based on the fine schedules and precedents set forth by the PED and personal conduct policies.

Irsay is an owner, the possible punishment against him is not collectively bargained, it does not typically have precedent and it has not been rendered yet. He just got out of 2 months of rehab this week and was at the owner's meetings, but the Colts have been run by his daughter and the GM since the incident.

I'm a pretty reasonable person and at one point I really liked Goodell, but I've seen quite a few hypocritical moves that has forced me to change my opinion of him. I don't care enough about the subject either to debate it to death. But once in awhile I'll share my opinions if that's OK. Of course it is...... :p

I'm a pretty reasonable person and at one point I really liked Goodell, but I've seen quite a few hypocritical moves that has forced me to change my opinion of him. I don't care enough about the subject either to debate it to death. But once in awhile I'll share my opinions if that's OK. Of course it is...... :p

Obviously, there are others that have pointed the same.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ger-goodell-and-the-nfl-player-conduct-policy

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10939180/does-discipline-double-standard-exist-nfl-owners-players

But what would they now, I mean it's not like they have alot more access to information than we ....do.... wait, they do!:p;)

I don't care for Goodell, because of 2007 but I don't think he's being a hypocrite on this. If you want to tell me he's a hypocrite on other things I will agree.

I don't care for Goodell, because of 2007 but I don't think he's being a hypocrite on this. If you want to tell me he's a hypocrite on other things I will agree.

Read the articles I have posted and you will see MY reasons why. I am not here to change ANYONES mind, just post why I FEEL he is a hypocrite.

What is Goodell supposed to do? Irsay hasn't been formally charged (I don't know why) and just got out of rehab this week. I expect that once charges are filed (or that case is closed indicating no charges are coming - which would really be bizarre) and Irsay enters a plea (I expect a plea bargain for lesser charges - but still that's guilty) will be the first we hear of possible punishment (probably a big fine). Given that he went into rehab and gave control of his team to his daughter and GM (other than this owners meeting this week) I am not sure what he should have done prior, and is absolutely consistent with the handling of many other play incidents, including those that are ongoing and unresolved.

That's the way I see it too my friend. Some things he is and some he isn't. He's done more things that I disagree with than what I can agree on. Because of that, he lost me a long time ago.

You post an article 3 weeks old where everyone from local politicians and team officials all the way up to the commissioner agree that a new stadium is being discussed but that's somehow arrogance and hubris by Goodell?

Not that much logic goes into the Goodell bashing for the most part, but think you're establishing a new low. Or is it also the 'arrogance and hubris' of the locals to have already commissioned a company to scout for stadium locations and have a report ready by mid-July too?

It is in everyone's best interest to have things like this sorted out or going in a definable direction prior to the sale of the team.

Looks like all you did was read the headline and quickly come post your latest slight against your favorite commish, rather than read it and opt to actually discuss what you're posting. It's like you're a more hateful version of Poke.

You post an article 3 weeks old where everyone from local politicians and team officials all the way up to the commissioner agree that a new stadium is being discussed but that's somehow arrogance and hubris by Goodell?

Not that much logic goes into the Goodell bashing for the most part, but think you're establishing a new low. Or is it also the 'arrogance and hubris' of the locals to have already commissioned a company to scout for stadium locations and have a report ready by mid-July too?

It is in everyone's best interest to have things like this sorted out or going in a definable direction prior to the sale of the team.

Looks like all you did was read the headline and quickly come post your latest slight against your favorite commish, rather than read it and opt to actually discuss what you're posting. It's like you're a more hateful version of Poke.
My Statement would be, WHY would Goodell have ANY COMMENT about the new stadium, good or bad.
It's not up to him whether they get one or not.

If they don't build a new one, thats thier prerogative, if they do build it, good for them, still Goodell shouldn't have any say one way or the other.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts