2018-19 NCAA Football Thread

I dont think UCF has a shot, considering their QB is done.
Didn't the committee say before that they don't punish teams for a QB injury back when Ohio St. kept losing quarterbacks.

Though considering what they did to Alabama in that particular playoff, I can see where you want them to do that. ;)

But yeah, they'll probably pass over UCF again. At some point the other conferences are going to rebel if they keep getting locked out.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Georgia would have to beat Alabama by a huge margin for the Tide to be left out. Even that may not do it because a rematch would be too attractive to the committee. If the Bulldogs win I think they both make the playoffs along with Clemson and ND. If they lose, #4 will be come down to the more impressive of tOSU and Oklahoma.

That said, I’ve been wrong every year so far.

Last edited:
The committee does what it wants and makes the rules up as they go. They will spin it however they want to get the 4 teams they want in, which is why I stop watching once the regular season is over
Your exactly right ...
Those 12 will get in whoever they want to be in.

Didn't the committee say before that they don't punish teams for a QB injury back when Ohio St. kept losing quarterbacks.

Though considering what they did to Alabama in that particular playoff, I can see where you want them to do that. ;)

But yeah, they'll probably pass over UCF again. At some point the other conferences are going to rebel if they keep getting locked out.
Depends what you mean by Punished ... who was punished ?
They look at the team the same the week that the injury happened, if they struggle in weeks after that then they will move accordingly.

As far as Conferences getting locked out ... when it happens, it will push the people in charge to look into expanding the playoffs to 8 teams all the sooner.

CFP Poll, 11/27/18

1. Alabama (12-0)
2. Clemson (12-0)
3. Notre Dame (12-0)
4. Georgia (11-1)

5. Oklahoma (11-1)
6. Ohio State (11-1)
7. Michigan (10-2)
8. UCF (11-0)
9. Florida (9-3)
10. LSU (9-3)
11. Washington (9-3)
12. Penn State (9-3)
13. Washington State (10-2)
14. Texas (9-3)
15. Kentucky (9-3)
16. West Virginia (8-3)
17. Utah (9-3)
18. Mississippi State (8-4)
19. Texas A&M (8-4)
20. Syracuse (9-3)
21. Northwestern (8-4)
22. Boise State (10-2)
23. Iowa State (7-4)
24. Missouri (8-4)
25. Fresno State (10-2)

I'm hoping that Alabama takes care of business ... not takes it easy on Georgia so both make the playoffs ...
2 sec teams in and ND makes 3 conferences out, thats gonna make some conferences very unhappy.
They really need to change the format, but it won't happen any time soon.

Lets see if Tom Herman can help his former team for a change and beat Oklahoma again.
The Longhorns have come a long way this year, another win would continue that surge.

What happens if Texas should keep Oklahoma under say 35 points ?

Ohio State is not going to have an EASY time with Northwestern, NW is better than people give them credit for ... they won thier side of the division, one that traditionally belongs to Wisconsin ... in this league that is very unbalanced.

IF Ohio State does beat NW soundly and Texas keeps Oklahoma under 35, Buckeyes may actually make the playoffs ...

IF the Buckeyes play like they did last week, they deserve to go ... if the other things shake out.
If they play like they have thru out a lot of the season then they don't.

Heres where it would have been nice for thier best player to commit to the team ... I can see if they were free falling with no decent bowl game in sight, but thats not the case, Bosa should have stuck it out and worked his way back ... he may or may not have been healthy enough to play in the last few weeks and Bowl/playoff game/s.

I am disappointed that he decided to leave the team the way he did.
I understand it's for his own best interest, but he could have waited to make that call.

The fact that Michigan got DOMINATED and only dropped 3 spots is Shocking ....
Then again, LSU lost by just as much and only dropped a few spots as well.

The fact that Michigan got DOMINATED and only dropped 3 spots is Shocking ....
Then again, LSU lost by just as much and only dropped a few spots as well.

LSU went to 7 OTs and got screwed on the last 2 point conversion by A&M. Michigan didn’t bother to show up.

LSU went to 7 OTs and got screwed on the last 2 point conversion by A&M. Michigan didn’t bother to show up.
I was referring to the Bama game.
LSU lose by 29 and dropped 3 spots.
Michigan was dominated just as bad as LSU wasand dropped only 3 spots.

I would have thought they would have dropped to about 10, but then 3 loss LSU is at 10, so I guess Michigan's loss wasn't so bad after all.

While the Big Ten and Big 12 stand a real chance of being locked out of the playoffs again, let's all remember which conferences pushed for 8 teams (SEC & ACC) and which conferences wanted no more than 4 teams (Big Ten & Big 12).

I was referring to the Bama game.
LSU lose by 29 and dropped 3 spots.
Michigan was dominated just as bad as LSU wasand dropped only 3 spots.

I would have thought they would have dropped to about 10, but then 3 loss LSU is at 10, so I guess Michigan's loss wasn't so bad after all.

To be honest, that ranking looks pretty fair right now going by who lost to whom. I believe they are looking at the games more closely than we think. Even 3 loss LSU; who behind them would you put ahead of them if you’re paying close attention to the games?

While the Big Ten and Big 12 stand a real chance of being locked out of the playoffs again, let's all remember which conferences pushed for 8 teams (SEC & ACC) and which conferences wanted no more than 4 teams (Big Ten & Big 12).

I’m all for 8 teams in the playoffs. Especially for those of us unfortunate enough to have to play frickin’ Bama every year.

Reactions: Jimbo and Derwin0
Let the coaching carousel begin, Paul Johnson of Ga Tech has announced he's retiring.

Paul Johnson to retire

Paul Johnson to retire

The Paul Johnson era at Georgia Tech is over.

The head football coach is retiring, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned. Gregg Garrett, a major donor to the Tech athletic department and a close friend of Johnson’s, confirmed the decision. The school announced the retirement shortly after 2:30 p.m.

The news was first reported Wednesday by Macon radio personality Bill Shanks.

“After 40 years of coaching, it’s time to take a break,” Johnson said in a statement. “My family has sacrificed a lot over the years. I want to watch my daughter [Kaitlyn, a professional opera singer] perform and do some things with my wife [Susan] that we’ve never had a chance to do. It’s been a great run for the last 11 years here on The Flats. I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished and am looking forward to having the chance to coach this team one last time at our bowl game next month.”

The team was to be told at a meeting at 2:30 p.m. A news conference is to be held at 9 a.m. Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts