2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, it really doesn't matter, so I'm not gonna talk about this for the next month.
So, hopefully it don't go on and on and on like so many others ...

There was no pass interference as he had stepped out of bounds and therefore was not a legal receiver. Even if he hadn't have stepped out of bounds, there was no interference with the catch.

Did you even look at replays of the play?
IF he did step out of bounds it would be called a roughing penalty ... You get that all the time along sidelines when a player is on the white and gets nailed.

This is shades of Bama took out Colt or Texas would have won.

Football is a contact sport. Unfortunately players get hurt. It happens. Nobody "took him out".
I'm unaware of Jimbo saying OSU didn't win the title because if McGahee didn't tear every tendon and ligament in his knee, Miami would have won.

OSU was even keel with Georgia in that game, no doubt. And the injuries are bad luck. Certainly via that outcome, OSU showed they belonged, buy in the end Georgia were the winners. And it was I large part dictated by their play on the field, not controlled by the refs.

Reactions: Derwin0
Monday is the date Players have to declare for the NFL Draft ...

Rumor : Buckeyes QB CJ Stroud has NOT declared yet, thought is he May come back ....

Couple things going in Buckeye favor, NIL money is not bad, Currently, Stroud would probably be picked 2nd in the Draft (which in my mind makes the NIL stuff Nothing) and be with the worst NFL team in the league, Houston Texans, who are looking for a QB .

Thinking here the Bears with the 1st pick, will trade with someone for that #1 pick to take Bama Qb Bryce Young.
(My hope is they trade with Indy, #4) this way they won't trade down to low to get the player they really want, which is Bamas Will Anderson.
Bears will screw that up ...

Rumor : Buckeyes QB CJ Stroud has NOT declared yet, thought is he May come back ....

Couple things going in Buckeye favor, NIL money is not bad,
Stroud announced that he's entering the draft.

NIL money is great, but it pales in comparison with what he can earn in the NFL (salary and endorsements), especially when his rookie contract is over.
Currently, Stroud would probably be picked 2nd in the Draft (which in my mind makes the NIL stuff Nothing) and be with the worst NFL team in the league, Houston Texans, who are looking for a QB .
Unfortuantely for those that are top picks, it's always the bad teams that have those picks.

Stroud announced that he's entering the draft.

NIL money is great, but it pales in comparison with what he can earn in the NFL (salary and endorsements), especially when his rookie contract is over.

Unfortuantely for those that are top picks, it's always the bad teams that have those picks.
As expected Stroud did go to the draft ...
I'm just praying he doesn't go to Houston, I think I'd be ok with Indy ... they have an O line, at least a Running O Line, need to get better at Pass Blocking ... They have a Stud RB to take the predictability away.

They DO need an Actual Head Coach ... I don't care if Saturday stays on board in another position as long as its not OC ...
O Line would be a Great place for him to Start.

Former Colts HC Frank Reich needs to go back to the NFL as an OC ... preferably in Pittsburgh (as long as he's willing to Stay 3 or more years)

He might be safe, as Will Levis and Bryce Young are projected to go higher than Stroud.
Good ...
(Personally, I don't see Levis going ahead of Stroud)
However, we'll see if that actually happens.

Most boards are saying Houston, Indy and Seattle (after moving up to 5) are the top places for a QB to go.
Like I said, anywhere but Houston.

I can see Indy moving ahead of Houston to select whoever, Young or Stroud, in a trade with Chicago, IF Chicago doesn't screw it up, they should still get thier guy at #4 and get Future draft picks, a #1 probably for thier #1 this year.

Chicago is focused on Will Anderson or Jalen Carter

Final Report Cards are in.
This is not the first time they have used the grade school teacher theme, the actress who plays the teacher has it down perfectly. It is their best theme.

While they don't do as much during basketball season, I look forward to their work. The jab at UK in this one is funny. The SEC looks to be unusually deep in basketball this year.

What is it with people going to Sporting Events ....
Now the NCAA Football is deciding it takes too long to play ....
You have a clock, you know how long a typical game takes, if you don't have time for it, Don't Go.

Anything to Ruin a Great game.

They are playing Follow the Leader, MLB just did it, now College Football is .... can't wait till the NFL does it.

May as well play with a running clock thru out the game, everyone has Other places they need to be ....

If you want to keep the Clock Running ....
Run the Damn BALL.

What is it with people going to Sporting Events ....
Now the NCAA Football is deciding it takes too long to play ....
You have a clock, you know how long a typical game takes, if you don't have time for it, Don't Go.

Anything to Ruin a Great game.

They are playing Follow the Leader, MLB just did it, now College Football is .... can't wait till the NFL does it.

May as well play with a running clock thru out the game, everyone has Other places they need to be ....

If you want to keep the Clock Running ....
Run the Damn BALL.
The NFL has always run the clock. It only stops if the ball is out of bounds.

Honestly college has no clock in overtime. It’s stupid. Play a real overtime.

The NFL has always run the clock. It only stops if the ball is out of bounds.

Honestly college has no clock in overtime. It’s stupid. Play a real overtime.
I was OK with the College OT (If they have to Not play the actual game) except they start to close, need to Start at the 40 or 50 yard line, so you actually play the game.
I Do NOT like the fact that they went to this stupid 2 point play in OT .... that again, takes away from the game way too much.

Its all to make sure the game is OVER in a timely efficient manner ... lets just Flip a Coin to determine the winner, if every one is in such a rush.

When I go to a game, I go to Enjoy the game, not rush to see who can leave first.

The issue is that college games are taking longer than ESPN/Fox want them to. The average is up to 3 h, 22 m. That is 4 m more than just five years ago, and more than 30 minutes longer than in the mid-90s.

The networks don't need that. They want the sport to fit in the 3 hour window. "The next game will start on ESPNEWS", or its much worse version "The next game will start on the internet", is not ideal when the networks have neat 3 hour windows for each game, and fans of the next game sitting waiting for the next game to show up on the channel it is supposed to be on.

This is not unsimilar to what has been done in pro baseball. The ratings numbers are too soon to tell, but cutting out about 25 minutes of d*** and b*** scratching and batting glove and armor readjusting (strange the players before this generation just wore a helmet, no need for all this football like armor) seems to be almost universally liked by fans and the baseball media. The networks, with the next show to go to, really like it.

The issue is that college games are taking longer than ESPN/Fox want them to. The average is up to 3 h, 22 m. That is 4 m more than just five years ago, and more than 30 minutes longer than in the mid-90s.
Depends on who is playing, if it is a higher rated game, they are quite happy with the games going longer, more slots for advertising, usually at a higher rate because of the better ratings Football gets.

Reactions: Derwin0
Take out the commercials and let the game go. Amazing highschool and small college games can be completed in near the actual game time. If i go to a game, I want to see the actual game not players and coaches standing around waiting for the tv timeout to end.

Reactions: Derwin0 and Jimbo
Depends on who is playing, if it is a higher rated game, they are quite happy with the games going longer, more slots for advertising, usually at a higher rate because of the better ratings Football gets.
Not really. The day is still the same length. Any profit made on one game is going to be spent on make goods for the other.

And remember the longest games are in the Big 12. The smallest markets.

Actually, just the opposite. The commercials are based on events, not on time. Events are like change of possession, end of quarter, time out, etc. There are just as many of those in a fast game as in a slow game. When a game carries over to another time slot, they lose the commercial breaks they would have gotten in the new time slot. The networks want faster games.

This has nothing to do with going to see a game in person. The stadium would love to have you there for 5 or 6 hours, buying food and drink and such. This is about TV.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Status
Not open for further replies.