$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
No luck on my first try. 649 - 100 rebate - 100 credit = 449. I guess I'll try again in the morning.

cbh said:
No luck on my first try. 649 - 100 rebate - 100 credit = 449. I guess I'll try again in the morning.

We're $100 less expensive and you get free shipping, no sales tax, free 5 yr. extended warranty and free logo'd polo shirt.

Call me directly all lines are open.

-Robert

Scott forgive me please. ;)

Buckeyes

After calling several CSR's, I got this deal-HDDVR for $299 with $100 mail in rebate. 6 months of free Showtime. $5 off HBO and the HD package for 6 months. Not bad. They also stated that when the MPEG-4 DVR's are released, they will upgrade customers for free or for minimal costs. They are out to install it on 8-20. I just wanted to thank everyone in this forum for bringing this out for everyone to see. Just remember that not every CSR knew about this offer. You may have to call back several times. You may even get a etter deal depending on who you talk to.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
We're $100 less expensive and you get free shipping, no sales tax, free 5 yr. extended warranty and free logo'd polo shirt.

Call me directly all lines are open.

-Robert

Robert,
I called your 800 number last night Robert and couldn't get through. It was either busy or I got voicemail. I finally left a message to call me but no return call was made. Is there another number to get you directly?

asousa said:
OR D* decides that way to many people have the HD-DVR and decide not to upgrade for free anymore!!!!

This is a bothersome trend since that is a choice they could make. I am hoping they are just trying to get everyone to a 2yr commitment instead and unload inventory at the same time.

Gosh Robert, from the earlier posts in the thread I sure hope your more than 100 less than the 649 - 100 100 deal that comes to 449. Last I heard 299 - 100 was 199 and you have stated that your deal is better than what D* was offering. Cbh...just get another csr in retention you will at least get the 299 - 100 mail in rebate deal. Sorry Robert but I thought you had cleared this up for me but you are relying on a $250 credit from D* that frankly not everyon gets. I don't think that most get it either. To quote and negotiate a deal relying on D*s retention credit is well...ridiculous. Not throwing darts here, but when I see these statements I need to comment. Also while I am at it....here we go again....looking for negatives in a good situation. We are all happy about getting these HD DVR's at this great new price, let's just be happy for a couple of weeks before we try to figure out what D* is really up too!!

FlyingJ said:
Also while I am at it....here we go again....looking for negatives in a good situation. We are all happy about getting these HD DVR's at this great new price, let's just be happy for a couple of weeks before we try to figure out what D* is really up too!!

Actually, not looking for negatives, just wondering what D* is up to. Since it was $999 in the spring, I bought mine for $650 in May, the price dropped again earlier this month and now this.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone for getting such a great deal, but I wouldn't be so judgmental with people that have paid more than you quite recently for the same equipment.

I tried calling again this morning and was turned down again. I was bummed since it was my second failed try, but then the same CSR that justed turned me down actually called me saying he found the 299-100 deal and offered it to me. He also gave 5 off the hd pack for the next 6 months for the inconvenience. I definitely took the deal. Now that's a good CSR.

Chado said:
Actually, not looking for negatives, just wondering what D* is up to. Since it was $999 in the spring, I bought mine for $650 in May, the price dropped again earlier this month and now this.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everyone for getting such a great deal, but I wouldn't be so judgmental with people that have paid more than you quite recently for the same equipment.

Actually Chado, I don't know how happy I would be for everyon else. $650 in May, I would be a bit upset. I didn't do it back then soley because of the price. Now that this new offer popped up I had to jump. What ticks me off though is that I look at D* every day and this forum every day and Robert gets on the forum and states that it is basically the same deal he has been offering all along. I would have jumped back then too but it was not the same deal or better, it just wasn't. I guess I just want to hear that from him. If it is the same or better I think that someone isn't doing such a good job marketing because I have counted a lot of sales on this forum since Sunday. Robert seems to be stating that we all didn't have to wait and that you basically got screwed back in May for purchasing from D* or wherever you purchased from. What I want to know is if anyone prior to last week purchased the HD DVR from Robert for $199 or less?

taclearo@earthlink.net said:
They also stated that when the MPEG-4 DVR's are released, they will upgrade customers for free or for minimal costs.

It's the 'minimal costs' statement that makes me hold off on jumping in on this deal to move to D*. I am familiar with Dish's "minimal costs" deals, NOT, and I think that I may get a better deal if I wait till mpeg4 does come out and i can be a new customer... They seem to get the best deals... anyway my 2cents worth.

I really don't mind, b/c I had the money and it was burning a hole in my pocket and I "needed it" back then. :D Plus I understood going in that there would be changes soon, ok maybe not so soon, concerning the MPEG-4 rollout. I may be a bit more upset if D* has changed any future direction concerning the swap, but I really don't think they have.

I think people like Asousa is a different story. I think he got the shaft. I think the HDD in his unit hadn't even warmed up before the bottom dropped out on the price.

I don't mind Robert trying to make sales, but I agree, its not the same deal. But I think the informed forum member probably already knows that. And by the looks of it they are going with the D* offer instead.

I did get screwed, I only got a VE T-Shirt, not a Polo!!! Kidding, just kidding!! :D

As a current HD Package customer can I cancel that package and then qualify for this deal with a two year commitment? :cool:

I understand Chado. I think, if I remember correctly I bought my first D* receiver back in 95 for....whoa...$700, now I think there four for well, nothing. Still have a chip on my shoulder from that one because D* has always given the great deals to the newbies as I sit and steam.

By the way...just got a call from my neighbor who has been with D* for all of 37 days, not even an HD customer. Just got the 299 - 100 mir deal. Obviously he did not qualify for any of that $250 retention credit.

Last Sunday I ordered my HD Tivo from DirecTV and it was going to be installed tomorrow. I called DirecTV back and cancelled the order and got the $250 credit instead. I then called Value Electronics and ordered one from them. It should arrive on Friday.

I saved a little more money going with Value Electronics, and I have a 5 year warranty and I can install it myself without someone else messing up my setup.

Chris

Thanks a lot guys!!! Got an HD Tivo 2 weeks ago at $599 with $180 in credits + $100 rebate. Called retention yesterday to ask about the $299 deal and he never heard of it. Called back today and the lady said $299 is the price and that she would give me credit for the difference!

I am hoping someone can help a new customer get this deal.

I was about to call Verizon to sign up for bundled services (Phone/Fiber Internet/Directv). They have the standard Sunday Ticket offer with the 99.00 Standard DVR less 100 MIR. By bundling through Verizon, I save an extra 5.00 per month indefinitely because they don't charge a monthly DVR fee regardless of my programming package.

I want the HD-DVR, but only if I can get it at the prices indicated here. This may come off as a silly question, but I am not sure where to start. When I spoke with Verizon, it seems as though I sign up for my equipment and programming with them. At what point do I get Directv on the phone to discuss the HD-DVR?

Thanks.

SpySatellite,

DirecTV will apply $250 to my account when I activate the HD Tivo. When I first called last Sunday they offer me the HD Tivo for $299. After reading Roberts comments that if DirecTV offered me a HD Tivo for $299 that I would also be eligible for the $250 instead. So I called DirecTV back to cancel the install through them and asked for the credit instead. They cancelled the order and gave me the $250 credit instead and then I ordered my HD Tivo from Value Electronics.

This is my first buying experience with Value Electronics and so far I've been very impressed! The phone was answered within two rings and the order process was very painless. I know I'll be doing business with them again in the future!

I'd ask for the $250 credit DirecTV and buy from Value Electronics because it is a better value when you include the slightly lower cost and 5 year warranty.

Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts