3 questions about NFL ST

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
1. Will Direct sell me NFL ST without a programing package?

2. If not what is the least expensive programing I need to get to have NFL ST?

3. How does one "move" so as to get NFL ST game that would still be blacked-out in ones local market?

3. How does one "move" so as to get NFL ST game that would still be blacked-out in ones local market?

1. Not the exact same thing, meaning they won't install a dish or activate a new customer with only Sunday Ticket as their programming.

2. The new customer offer which gets you free Sunday Ticket you need to get Choice Xtra, which is $34.99 a month for 12 months.

3. You would need to change your service address

No.
It seems like the cheapest route is the Jadeworld package. I don't think you can subscribe to Basic Choice alone.
In theory, these games would be carried locally on network TV.

Can't you get sunday ticket via the net without a sub? Most computers have HDMI.. Just saying.

Who is eligible to purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go?
NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go is available to anyone who cannot
get DIRECTV service at their residence.

I dont have any LOS issues or I would be all over that offer
Do you sub to D* already? If not you could try telling the CSR that you can't get it and see if that works. Tell them you live in an apartment complex and the landlord don't want any dishes on the roof. (Yes, I know it's lying but people lie sometimes, right?);) If it doesn't work, then yeah, you can forget about this offer.

Last edited:
Do you sub to D* already? If not you could try telling the CSR that you can't get it and see if that works. If not, then yeah, you can forget about this offer.

No, not a Direct sub but I would imagine they would want to send out a tech to verify my claim wouldn't they or is Direct more interested in selling ST packages?

Bingo....my local team gets blacked out.

So then I can acquire and install all my own equipment, and then they will sell me ST w/o a package?

No, I'm pretty sure they won't activate a new account with only Sunday Ticket and no other programming package. Doesn't matter if you acquire and install your own equipment.

So based on the information provided here I would need to do the following to get NFL ST w/the least expensive programing package AND get my local team which is always blacked out:

1. Acquire and install my own equipment
2. Sign up for the JadeWorld package
3. Change my service address to a DMA other than where I live.
4. Purchase NFL ST

Have I missed anything or can anyone add anything to this?
THX

So based on the information provided here I would need to do the following to get NFL ST w/the least expensive programing package AND get my local team which is always blacked out:

4. Purchase NFL ST

THX

Why wouldn't you just get the new customer offer? Free installation and equipment. Choice Xtra programming package and free Sunday Ticket for $34.99 a month, including HD. Yeah the price would go up in months 13-24 but you could always call in and try to get a deal, which you more than likely would get. How much is JadeWorld?

4. Purchase NFL ST

THX

Remember, you can't start service unless you have a NEW recvr on the account - a used recvr cannot be your MAIN recvr when you start it up.

Why wouldn't you just get the new customer offer? Free installation and equipment. Choice Xtra programming package and free Sunday Ticket for $34.99 a month, including HD. Yeah the price would go up in months 13-24 but you could always call in and try to get a deal, which you more than likely would get. How much is JadeWorld?

Jadeworld is $ 36.99

DIRECTV - JadeWorld Service

The new customer deal with ST is the best overall option.

When talking about moving you also must keep SPOT BEAMS in mind. Have this knowledge of what you can & can't receive before you move.

All 4 of the line items you listed are basically wrong and NOT going to get you the best deal. Or the easiest route to the desired result.

The new customer deal with ST is the best overall option.

When talking about moving you also must keep SPOT BEAMS in mind. Have this knowledge of what you can & can't receive before you move.

All 4 of the line items you listed are basically wrong and NOT going to get you the best deal. Or the easiest route to the desired result.

Does NFL ST come on spot beams?

What steps should I take to achieve what I am after?

Keep in mind I dont want to be under contract and I do not care about any other programing Direct offers.

Suggestion asked for....

Does NFL ST come on spot beams?

What steps should I take to achieve what I am after?

Keep in mind I dont want to be under contract and I do not care about any other programing Direct offers.

Suggestion asked for....

As a new customer, you'll never pull this off without being under a 2 year contract. You can acquire all the equipment on own but you won't be able to set-up a new account without being put under a 2 year contract. In fact, I doubt you will even be able to sign up for service if you don't acquire at least 1 receiver through Direct TV (or a 3rd party installer).

No, NFL ST is not on spot beams.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)