4DTV DSR 922 Limit problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wpaige

Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Tampa, Fl
I need Help ! I think I messed up and did a system reset before I checked the position of my dish.
My Dish was completely to the west on or near the limits. I did a reset and of course now when I try to reprogram and set my dish limits the dish position and east and west limits are all set at 500.
When I try to move my dish in either direction I get a limit error.
I climbed up to look at the actual postion of the actuator and it is not on any physical limit but because of the numbers indicated on my receiver display for dish position and east west limit all set at 500 I can't move my dish.
How do I correct my problem or have I screwed up really bad?

I'm at my limit in knowledge of what to do to correct this!!!!!

HELP! :eek: :mad: :confused:

Help ! I think I messed up !

I did a system reset before I noticed the position of my dish, which happened to be at the far west position. Now the limits and dish position all display 500 and I am not able to move the dish in either direction without getting an error indicating im on the limits.

Help Im at my limit !!!! of Knowledge of how to correct this.

I looked at the actuator and there is no indication that the dish is actually on a physical limit , but still cant move dish !!

:mad:,:(,:confused:

Thanks

If you go into the limits setup screen and select East Limit, will it not let you move the dish East?
Then vice versa for West.
Hopefully your actuator arm has built in limit switches so that the arm won't completely unthread. You just motor East/West until you hit the physical limit of the arm.
I usually back off a few counts both ways and set my limit to that count.

Remember that after a Master Re-Set, you have to Re-Set the Limits.
Are you in Options - 6 - 4 - 3 ? Be sure and put it on channel 5 first, then use Options - 6 - 4 - 3 and, when you are,
highlight East Limit and move the dish to you see the ARTS channel
then do another Master Reset and you should be OK
and Remember that after a Master Re-Set, you have to Re-Set the Limits.

Also, if you just Re-Set the Limit's as it is. It will probably be plenty of #'s to work as it is?
and if you are already on your West satellite, you can Re-Set the West Limit first and it will already be set.

Thanks you for merging my threads, sorry that was duplicated.

Thanks guys for all the great responses for help. I am now able to reprogram and dish working !!!!!!

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)