5 NFL Question Thursday

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
1. Which former Arkansas RB will have a more successful NFL career: Darren McFadden or Felix Jones?

2. Are you looking forward to this weeks matchup of Dallas @ Green Bay, more or less than last weeks Phili @ Dallas game?

3. What's your upset special pick of Week 3?

4. Is there a better WR tandem out there than Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin?

5. Mike Shanahan or Jeff Fisher. Who would you rather have coaching your team?

Last edited:
1. Which former Arkansas RB will have a more successful NFL career: Darren McFadden or Felix Jones? Too early to call just yet. Both have showed signs of greatness. I'm going to go with the popular choice though in McFadden.

2. Are you looking forward to this weeks matchup of Dallas @ Green Bay, more or less than last weeks Phili @ Dallas game? More. Dallas and Green Bay may be the best teams in the NFC. Whichever team wins, I will look forward to when they face the NY Giants.

3. What's your upset special pick of Week 3? Cleveland over Baltimore. How the Rat's are favored, I have no clue.

4. Is there a better WR tandem out there than Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Yes. No question.

5. Mike Shanahan or Jeff Fisher. Who would you rather have coaching your team? Both have been coaching their respective teams for over 13 years now and have infused consistency in their teams each and every year. Their teams even seem to stay competitive despite losing players to free agency. Part of the reason for such consistency is that both are fundamentally sound coaches. The one difference though between the two is Shanahan's more of a gutsy playcaller that takes more chances, where Fisher is more conservative. For that reason alone, Shanahan get's the edge IMO.

1. Which former Arkansas RB will have a more successful NFL career: Darren McFadden or Felix Jones?
McFadden

2. Are you looking forward to this weeks matchup of Dallas @ Green Bay, more or less than last weeks Phili @ Dallas game?
Less, because I ultimately believe the Eagles will be better than both the Cowboys and Packers.

Jacksonville over Indianapolis (just out of desperation)

4. Is there a better WR tandem out there than Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin?
Yes. Randy Moss and Wes Welker

If the team is physical I want Fisher, but if it's more of a finesse team then I would take Shanahan. Either way you have a great coach.

D. Mcfadden.......Just a gut feeling

Less....Need to see more from GB, then just beating the lions

Not sure if there are Upsets in NFL....But I will go Arizona over Washington

Today....Dont think so....They have passed The Indi duo.

5. Mike Shanahan or Jeff Fisher. Who would you rather have coaching your team

Good Question, I would say Fisher, he has matained a succesfull program over some years now.

Less....Need to see more from GB, then just beating the lions

The Packers beat the Vikings on opening weekend in Minnesotta. I'd say that's a quality win. I realize 2 weeks into the season is still early, but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from Aaron Rodgers. This kid is taking the pressure of playing in the shadow of a immortal Lambeau Legend and is passing every test with flying colors.

1. Which former Arkansas RB will have a more successful NFL career: Darren McFadden or Felix Jones? Darren McFadden

2. Are you looking forward to this weeks matchup of Dallas @ Green Bay, more or less than last weeks Phili @ Dallas game? More, I think Green Bay is better than Philadelphia.

3. What's your upset special pick of Week 3? Pittsburgh over Philadelphia

4. Is there a better WR tandem out there than Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Yes. Randy Moss and Wes Welker

5. Mike Shanahan or Jeff Fisher. Who would you rather have coaching your team? Mike Shanahan

4. Is there a better WR tandem out there than Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Yes. Randy Moss and Wes Welker

Come on!? Leave it to the 2 Pat's fans to say this. ;)

Randy Moss is a better receiver than Fitz and Boldin, but Fitz and Boldin are better than Welker. Welker had one good season last year in an explosive NE offense. Before that, he was practically an unknown.

The only other set of receivers that could challenge Boldin and Fitz IMO would be Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams of Detroit.

Randy Moss is a better receiver than Fitz and Boldin, but Fitz and Boldin are better than Welker. Welker had one good season last year in an explosive NE offense. Before that, he was practically an unknown.

Even if this is true, and I'm certainly not saying it is :D, wouldn't the fact that you would take Moss over either of the Cards receivers mean anything (ESPECIALLY considering that Welker is FAR from a slouch himself).

BTW, I would take Welker over Boldin any day of the week.

The only other set of receivers that could challenge Boldin and Fitz IMO would be Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams of Detroit.

:yikes :confused: Now HD MM, after reading your posts over these months, you are without a doubt one of most knowledgable people on here.............BUT the Lions duo over Moss/Welker??? All I can say is WOW!!!

One more caveat to my argument, while I'm admittedly a Patriots fan, I think one thing I have shown over and over again is that I'M NOT A HOMER. Moss/Welker, IMO, is the best receiving duo in the NFL and I would say that if they played on the Texans, Colts, Cowboys, or whoever.

Even if this is true, and I'm certainly not saying it is :D, wouldn't the fact that you would take Moss over the either of the Cards receivers mean anything (ESPECIALLY considering that Welker is FAR from a slouch himself).

BTW, I would take Welker over Boldin any day of the week.

On Moss/Welker, CJ/RW, Fitz/Bolin: We're discussing 2 WR tandems here. I think we can all agree that Moss is the best WR out there. Let's say that he's a 10 on a scale of 1-10. With that said, Welker is probably a 6.5 or 7, for a total score of 16.5-17. Both Detroit receivers and Zona receivers are probably 9's each, for totals of 18. Together, their talent exceeds Moss' AND Welkers combined.

:yikes :confused: Now HD MM, after reading your posts over these months, you are without a doubt one of most knowledgable people on here.............BUT the Lions duo over Moss/Welker??? All I can say is WOW!!!

One more caveat to my argument, while I'm admittedly a Patriots fan, I think one thing I have shown over and over again is that I'M NOT A HOMER. Moss/Welker, IMO, is the best receiving duo in the NFL and I would say that if they played on the Texans, Colts, Cowboys, or whoever.

I stand by that statement too. Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams are rare specimens of talent, speed, size and elusiveness. The fact that talent shows up on such a miserable team in Detroit should only serve as more proof to their freakish receiving talent. Check out Calvin Johnson the next time Detroit is on. This kid is developing into quite the talent.

Come on!? Leave it to the 2 Pat's fans to say this. ;)

2007 combined stats

Welker & Moss

210 catches 2668 yards 31 TD's

Fitzgerald & Boldin

171 catches 2262 yards 19 TD's

I had to laugh that you mentioned Detroit's receivers, please.

2007 combined stats

Welker & Moss

210 catches 2668 yards 31 TD's

Fitzgerald & Boldin

171 catches 2262 yards 19 TD's

I had to laugh that you mentioned Detroit's receivers, please.

Do you watch football outside of your Patriots? It's hard to compare statistics of players on a Tom Brady record breaking team to that of players on lowly Detroit and Arizona teams, but I honestly don't think I'm that far off here. As a matter of fact, I'd imagine the majority of football minds would agree with my assessment.

Can you imagine having Boldin or Fitz on that '07 Patriots team instead of the 5'9" Welker?

On Moss/Welker, CJ/RW, Fitz/Bolin: We're discussing 2 WR tandems here. I think we can all agree that Moss is the best WR out there. Let's say that he's a 10 on a scale of 1-10. With that said, Welker is probably a 6.5 or 7, for a total score of 16.5-17. Both Detroit receivers and Zona receivers are probably 9's each, for totals of 18. Together, their talent exceeds Moss' AND Welkers combined.

Welker is a 6.5 or 7? Have you followed him the last couple of years? In 2006 on a dreadful Dolphins team he caught 67 passes with Cleo Friggin' Lemon throwing to him. Last year with the Pats he caught 112 passes, and two games into this year, he has already caught 13 passes (11 of those with Matt Cassell under center). Plus the kid is one tough SOB.

I stand by my opinion- Patriots fan or NOT- Moss/Welker are the best WR tandem in the NFL today.

Welker is a 6.5 or 7? Have you followed him the last couple of years? In 2006 on a dreadful Dolphins team he caught 67 passes with Cleo Friggin' Lemon throwing to him.

And in his 3 year stint with stinky Miami, he had only 1 TD in his career before becoming a Patriot. Boldin, Fitz and Williams had 8 TD's each their rookie year! Calvin Johnson had 4 TD's in his rookie campaign, while battling through an injury last year.

Look, I admire the fact that Welker returns kicks and found his way into the NFL without being drafted out of college. Welker is the Dustin Pedroia of the NFL. He's a pesky little SOB and is probably an awesome teammate, but with all of that aside and speaking on shear WR talent, I will have to respectfully disagree here.

1. McFadden. Felix Jones won't return kicks at the rate of Hester or Cribbs.

2. More, because the Eagles and Cowboys play EVERY year. Dallas and Green Bay, OTOH, usually don't.

3. Jaguars over Colts.

4. No. The Patriots have capable tight ends and good, young runners to carry the offense- Edgerrin James is not a young guy like Maroney. Arizona's guys are carrying more of the offense; the Pats can fall back on their running game.

5. Shanahan. Unlike Fisher, he actually WON a Super Bowl.

Felix Jones, better supporting cast. McFadden will get beat up and overused by the Raiders, if he survives 3 season with that bunch I may change my opinion.

About the same, more for QB Rodgers to see how he does in a spotlight game

Bunch of weak games this week, but just a hunch, Lions over 49ers. This is the JT O'Sullivan/Mike Martz Bowl.

The fact that they are says something about the state of WR's in the NFL right now

Shanahan is a better coach with talent, Fisher does more with less. Adjust Accordingly.

I stand by that statement too. Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams are rare specimens of talent, speed, size and elusiveness. The fact that talent shows up on such a miserable team in Detroit should only serve as more proof to their freakish receiving talent. Check out Calvin Johnson the next time Detroit is on. This kid is developing into quite the talent.

These guys deserve a better lot than being stuck in Detroit. Williams would probably leave next season, but I'm betting they "franchise" him. They have to. Add in LB Sims, and RB Kevin Smith, and it gives them a grand total of 4 NFL quality players out of 55. Just sad.:mad:

[/b]

These guys deserve a better lot than being stuck in Detroit. Williams would probably leave next season, but I'm betting they "franchise" him. They have to. Add in LB Sims, and RB Kevin Smith, and it gives them a grand total of 4 NFL quality players out of 55. Just sad.:mad:

Yeah, I was impressed with what I've seen from Kevin Smith so far. But my question is, of all the other needs on the team, why are the Lion's persistently pursuing other free-agent RB's? They just recently signed Rudi Johnson and it was rumored that they were also in talks with Cedric Benson!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)