A Note About The CE Program

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I wanted to take a moment and talk about the DirecTV Cutting Edge Program here at SatelliteGuys.US.

We are proud to be working with DirecTV on this inovative semi private beta program. Notice the keyword there, "Semi Private."

Over the past 24 hours there has been a lot of talk about the CE program in our public forum here and at other forums. This public discussion of the CE program is against the CE program policies which mandate that all CE discussions be done in the private CE discussion forum.

I am understanding that it was DirecTV who messed up by putting the cart before the horse by releasing the DirecTV2PC software yesterday before the non CE consumers had the proper software on their receivers to use the new DirecTV2PC beta software. It was because of this that many folks were talking about the CE program in public. The correct software was sent to the customers boxes last night, so from where I sit in the case of yesterdays issues at DirecT there was no harm or no foul here.

However with that said from this point forward please remember what happens in the CE forum stays in the CE forum.

If you are not member of the CE forum and you like to help test things and make DirecTV better for all we invite all SatelliteGuys members to participate in our CE program here at SatelliteGuys. The CE program is not for everyone, you working with cutting edge software which may have bugs and issues, only participate in the CE program if you are willing to accept the risks involved.

I also want to point out that we work with DirecTV on the CE program and in addition we also work in association with DBSTalk.COM on the CE program as well, the folks at DBSTalk are a big help to us with the CE Program and thank them for their assistance.

Again what happens in the CE Forum stays in the Forum.

Thanks for your understanding and participation!

It is the help of many members over several weeks that make a software release like the one sent out last night as stable as possible.

It is entirely possible that the software release last night was sped up due to the difficulty with some freezing issues on HDDVR receivers. That said, DirecTV was in a position to be comfortable with the 0x0290 software prior to releasing it nationwide in the manner they did.

That comfort comes from having members use the CE software for many weeks, while DirecTV engineers tweak the software.

With that, THANK YOU to our Cutting Edge members, an integral part of improving the experience for all DirecTV customers.

Guys I would also like to Chime in. Dont be afraid to give the CE program a try. Directv has been absolutly fantatstic in reguards to CE participation. I havent seen any program like this from any other provider, and this program is truely cutting edge. Like Scott said it is not for everyone, but I do invite you to try. If all else fails and you do not like it you can always revert back to national software wich usally puts everything back in its proper place. I have been doing CE testing for well over 6 months now and helping them make this software, what it is today has been a joy. I would like to personaly thank all the employees over at Directv and DBS talk who make this program happen allong with our hard working CE staff here. This program shows what the best intrest of all and that is creating a rock solid box that everyone likes.

I cant wait to see what comes next for the CE program, as well as what new HD lies around the corner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)