Afraud hits 600

Yep.

On the first day of Baseball return to having a real Commissioner, he (or she) should say:

Baseball, uniquely, is a game of history and records. The previous generation purported to acomplish things they did not really accomplish, because they cheated and commited felonies to get drugs. Their acomplishments thus were never really accomplished. These things did not happen. These people's records are errased and they are all banned for life from any association with honest ballplayers.

Aaron and Marris. That simple.

Yep.

On the first day of Baseball return to having a real Commissioner, he (or she) should say:

Baseball, uniquely, is a game of history and records. The previous generation purported to acomplish things they did not really accomplish, because they cheated and commited felonies to get drugs. Their acomplishments thus were never really accomplished. These things did not happen. These people's records are errased and they are all banned for life from any association with honest ballplayers.

That will never happen because the owners were accompliceses to all that stuff. They will NEVER put someone in the commissioner's office that would put the game before the owners.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery before that happens.:(

Yep.

What do you do with all the players that were NOT using ?

Yep.

That will never happen because the owners were accompliceses to all that stuff. They will NEVER put someone in the commissioner's office that would put the game before the owners.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery before that happens.:(

As much as I like your idea Sam, I'm afraid that Salsa is right on this one. We'll always know in our hearts and minds what is correct though. Selig really dropped the ball on this one. Maybe the HoF will correct this by keeping them out.

As much as I like your idea Sam, I'm afraid that Salsa is right on this one. We'll always know in our hearts and minds what is correct though. Selig really dropped the ball on this one. Maybe the HoF will correct this by keeping them out.

I very much dislike the HOF voters.
I think the way they select people should be re addressed as far as who is doing the voting.

Some of these people are older than my dead Grandpa (RIP 1984).

The baseball committee needs to be changed.

I very much dislike the HOF voters.
I think the way they select people should be re addressed as far as who is doing the voting.

Some of these people are older than my dead Grandpa (RIP 1984).

The baseball committee needs to be changed.

I would like to see the rule that is going to keep Whitaker out of the HoF changed. The 15% rule is just silly. Other than the players not in the hall, I can't say that i have disagreed with the players that HAVE been slected.

I would like to see the rule that is going to keep Whitaker out of the HoF changed. The 15% rule is just silly. Other than the players not in the hall, I can't say that i have disagreed with the players that HAVE been slected.

I have problems with the ones that have NOT been selected.

IF Whitaker is going in and at this point I don't see it, Tramell should have been in along time ago.

Blyleven should be in and Jack Morris is a DEFINITE strange omission.

No disagreement with those choices Jimbo. Whitaker and Trammell should be in just for the fact that they were the longest DP combination in MLB history. There has to be recognition just for that, not to mention they were both among the best at their positions for their era. Both of their numbers are comparable with the players at those positions already in the Hall.

No disagreement with those choices Jimbo. Whitaker and Trammell should be in just for the fact that they were the longest DP combination in MLB history. There has to be recognition just for that, not to mention they were both among the best at their positions for their era. Both of their numbers are comparable with the players at those positions already in the Hall.

Trammell would have started many more ASG's had the voting bias been for Cal Ripken.
Much the same can be said for Barry Larkin lack of being noticed due to some guy names Ozzie.

So, is Chipper Jones a HOF? First ballot HOF? One of the few that seems not to been have touched by questions of usage in this generation.

So, is Chipper Jones a HOF? First ballot HOF? One of the few that seems not to been have touched by questions of usage in this generation.

I will say, Yes, but not 1st ballot ....
Just the way they are ...
Not sure what makes someone a HOF 6 years later, if they weren't originally.

Owners/Selig: This is the uncovered issue in all of this cheating deal. If it can be shown that Selig or any owner had any knowledge of what was going on, they should die in prison. Really. They are guilty of major crimes.

Other players: OK, unions. Understand that steroids can either be illegal or fundamentally mandatory. Like any job, it is the union membership that has the most interest, self-interest, in safety. So what would be the natural thing for members to do? If the owners want 5 tests, no you want 5000 tests. Did the players do that? Nope, for a little money, the 50th of $50M in many cases, they sold their souls. Too bad.

You guys are acting like the commissioner of baseball has the power to institute a steroid policy. That has to be collectiveley bargained with the union, and back then the union would not even discuss it at negotiations. :rolleyes:

Sandra

You guys are acting like the commissioner of baseball has the power to institute a steroid policy. That has to be collectiveley bargained with the union, and back then the union would not even discuss it at negotiations. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Back then, the commissioner ALSO had the power to look out for "the best interest for baseball". Things have changed and now it's the best interest for the owners.....since Selig came into...*cough* power *cough*.

There is no way Giamatti or Vincent would have let this happen.

Back then, the commissioner ALSO had the power to look out for "the best interest for baseball".

There is no way a commissioner can unilaterally institute steroid testing 'in the best interest of baseball'. That has to be collectively bargained with the union.

Sandra

There is no way a commissioner can unilaterally institute steroid testing 'in the best interest of baseball'. That has to be collectively bargained with the union.

Sandra

...and he would have used "in the best interest of baseball" TO ADD that into the negociation, is what I am saying. Selig did nothing when he had the proof because he acted as if a dear in headlights....

...and he would have used "in the best interest of baseball" TO ADD that into the negociation, is what I am saying. Selig did nothing when he had the proof because he acted as if a dear in headlights....

Did not matter what Selig said, the union would not negotiate steriod testing period. Not sure what 'proof' you're talking about.

Sandra

Because the players have always known that Selig is a puppet to the owners. The "proof" was the Mitchel Report.

The Mitchell report? That only came out a few years ago. There was already steriod testing by then. Saying Selig did nothing based on the Mitchell report is shockingly incorrect.

Sandra

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)