AL CENTRAL

After Kirby Puckett Jr took doen the sign in left from "1" to the target logo (aka 0) then they showed the 3 former Twins greats not to play in the dome (Killebrew, Oliva, Carew) at Target Field and they raised the 3 flags
-US flag
-Minn flag
-"This is Twins Territory" flag

and they said we'll see ya outdoors in April :)

Sounds like it was a Great time !

btw, if the Twins win tuesday ..... Good Luck in the playoffs :)

Hopefully they can take down the always arrogant yankees.

It was a 6 hour blast today watching on TV
noon was "Metrodome Memories"
12:30 was pregame
1-4:15 was game
then post game
then the 80 minute celebration

got it all stored on the hard drive...now to burn to DVD :)

Tuesday is gonna be a blast. Whoever wins, they'll deserve it

The game I didn't want to be played is Tuesday. Our whole season rides on the arm of a 20 year old rookie with ice water in his veins. Thank God this will be the last time we see that God-forsaken Dome of Doom.

GO TIGERS!!!

They are done..This Cabrera story is just getting started..Shame on him!!
If this is the cream of the crop on this team we are in some deep trouble...

Did I miss something, why does Miguel Cabrera look like he's been punched in the face a couple times. Bruises on his nose and left side of his cheek.

I noticed this right away in the game saturday, this guy is just killing me right now.

Apparently he wasn't "arrested", but Dombroski had to pick his ass up from jail saturday morning.

They been playing this on the local talk show stations all day. I just don't understand how he can be out with anyone, let alone the opposing team, during a playoff race.

Here's the 911 call if anyone want to listen to it.

Police: Cabrera Drunk During Altercation - Sports News Story - WDIV Detroit

edit: According to the radio here, this isn't the first time he's had a problem with drinking and had some sort of "incident".

Back in August he had a problem with a local guy and a teen, where he taunted the teen about his weight and told the guy he would go out to his car and get his "click-clack", (not sure how to spell that one). He had a sit down with Dombroski, and a team lawyer warning him to not go back to the bar. This incident happened at the same spot as the August incident.

Last edited:
The game I didn't want to be played is Tuesday. Our whole season rides on the arm of a 20 year old rookie with ice water in his veins. Thank God this will be the last time we see that God-forsaken Dome of Doom.

GO TIGERS!!!

Whats great is next year the Twins will suck cuz they're not used to playing outside like a real baseball team.

Yup, the press is now starting to scream because Dombrowski said that Miggy will not be suspended and is expected to play tomorrow despite some very serious violations of team ettiquite, etc.

The problem is we have another 24 hours for this to grow and fester and play on the team's mind. I don't think we have heard the end of this by far!

Yup, the press is now starting to scream because Dombrowski said that Miggy will not be suspended and is expected to play tomorrow despite some very serious violations of team ettiquite, etc.

The problem is we have another 24 hours for this to grow and fester and play on the team's mind. I don't think we have heard the end of this by far!

Has the national media even caught wind of it yet? If not, I think this is just getting started.

I agree it was not good judgement, but he hasn't commited any Baseball rules, therefore he should NOT be suspended.

He was HOME when the Police were called, therefore they didn't arrest him for DUI or anything like that.
The two had an argument and the police were called.
He was lucky this time.

I have to agree. Cabrera should have been riding the bench the past few games.

Yes, he pretty much stunk it up in the most important games of the year....

He left runners on base continuously.

This will work one of two ways, either they will go out and stink the place up on Tuesday and lose and deserve to at that, OR he will get the team together and make every effort to play his best and try to make this a story in the background by winning the game and play eventful ball in the playoffs.

Tigers vs Twins division title game tomorrow: 10/6/2009

The game is being televised by TBS.

Tigers @ Twins (home feed) NA 5:07PMET XM 176

Tigers @ Twins (away feed) NA 5:07PMET XM 177

Tigers @ Twins (national feed) NA 5:07PMET XM 140

not even on a local station here in Minneapolis. I remember when ESPN did the games a local station would pick up the playoff games

Too bad I will be at work during most of the game. Can't watch it online either .. Wonder if MLB.COM will have it as I may know someone with access that works at my office.. hmmmm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts