AL East 2010

Terry Francona will manage his 1,000th game in a Red Sox uniform tonight.

I may not always agree with you Tito (what true blooded Sox fan ALWAYS agree with the manager :eek:), but you've led us to the promised land not once, but twice! For that, in my book, you'll ALWAYS be the best manager in Sox history.

Congrats on #1,000, Tito! :up

Tigers have a day off tomorrow, whats so interesting about that ?

It's thier first day off since April 15th and only thier 2nd day off since April 1st.

Thier day off isn't even at home, they are currently on the road for thier day off ....

Bill, what's the vibe you're getting on the BoSox at this point in the season?

To be honest, between the Celtics and Bruins (not to mention work and family) I haven't had a lot of time to evaluate.

I will say this: they had better start winning consistently ..............and SOON!!! Afterall, they have the Yankees and Rays in the same division.

When will John Farrell be held accountable for the Sox pitching woes??

They're frustrating to watch, aren't they?!!

The Yankees and Rays are in a whole other league this season. I actually hope the Sox are sellers at the trading deadline this summer...............

Wakefield bails out Dice-K with a runner on third in the fifth.

The Wakefiled chant should be:

"Worth-the-mon-ney! Worth-the-mon-ney!"

Hmmmm,
Where are the Sox currently ?

Don't you have to be RATED, before being OVER Rated.

Actually I was referrrring to Papelbon, and I had just lauded the first relief pitcher used in that game, Wakefield, a couple of posts earlier.

Papelbon should be in the starting rotation and DEice-K can be used in relief like Okajima was successsfully used a couple of years ago

Actually I was referrrring to Papelbon, and I had just lauded the first relief pitcher used in that game, Wakefield, a couple of posts earlier.

Papelbon should be in the starting rotation and DEice-K can be used in relief like Okajima was successsfully used a couple of years ago

Actually, Papelbon going to the rotation, I think would be a good thing.

but then they would need to find a closer, I don't think either Dice K or Okajima are closer material.

Actually, Papelbon going to the rotation, I think would be a good thing.

but then they would need to find a closer, I don't think either Dice K or Okajima are closer material.
Daniel Bard would be the closer.

BTW, Papelbon came up as a starter in 2005.

Is it too early to ask if Francona's seat might be getting a little hot?

Not an unreasonable question, but yes, it's wayyyy too early.

The two championships have bought Tito some credibility........deservedly so, IMHO (that's not to say he has a lifetime pass either).

Sox lead Yankees, 7-5 going into bottom of ninth.

From ESPN.com

RED SOX PITCHER JOSH BECKETT LEFT THE GAME IN THE FIFTH INNING DUE TO TIGHTNESS IN HIS LOWER BACK

Looks like Wakefield's pursuit of Roger Clemens's and Cy Young's Red Sox career victory total resumes...

AL Cy Young Award

So much for an ESPN soccer Channel.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)