alignment problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SCypher

Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Have a dsr 922 with a 10 ft dish. I get the green light on W3 and on G5. G5 couldn't get any better. I can't seem to tune in the other satellites. Have tried the elevation up and down. Have had the dish for 15 years so haven't fiddled with the declination as I don't think that should have changed any even tho we moved the dish about 4 or 5 feet. Any suggestions

Declination doesn't change.
If you moved the Dish:
- Is the new Pole and Mount Plumb?
- Is the North / South alignment correct?

The pole is plumb the mount might be a little off but the bubble is in between the marks just not exactly centered. Is that enough to throw the alignment off? How much would I need to rotate the mount to the west to bring in the western satellites and still have the eastern ones? I am at 114 W (south central Idaho)

If your pole is plumb, that sounds just like your declination is off.
106 would put you dead center of those 2 satellites... 114 is close enough for me to suspect declination.
Sounds like you are crossing the clarke belt at those two points, not tracking it.
If you were getting one sat and not the other, it could be N/S alignment, but I'm really leaning toward declination here...

Will reread the suggested site (have been there before) and revisit the north/south bit. Thanks for the suggestions. Weather is supposed to be windy snowy tomorrow so will be a day or two before I can let you know if I made any progress.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)