AMC 6 [ 72W ]

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe it has something to do with me being more in the center of the country and you guys being further out, maybe the signal is weaker right now away from the center for some reason?

That's all I can think of, maybe someone else will chime in. :confused:

Sounds good to me. Maybe the satellite tilted just a tad and needs to be corrected.
I'll have to wait and see.

Sounds good to me. Maybe the satellite tilted just a tad and needs to be corrected.
I'll have to wait and see.

Same here. I can't explain it any other way..... especially since that data transponder is pegging my meter on the Coolsat 8000.

I have quality of 72.0% on 11966H 1666, and 12053V 6890 has 71.0% using OpenBox S10 connected to a motorized 1.2M Geosat Pro Dish. The meter Quality on the AZBox Me is a bit low (50s+%, a known issue with the Me), but the pictures are solid.

Last edited:
I checked my 33" dish I had previously locked on that MUX. Nothing. They are gone? I'm in calif so it's low on the horizon, but they were all good before...

Something else is going on...

With CS5K/1.2m P*,I'm getting 90%Q on 11966,on the NBC 12053 it's 66%(at best) with "no audio/video".If I recall it takes about 68 or 69 for the nbc to come in on the CK.

Well, I got an email from [gse-aa] Auroral Alert:

"A solar event near the limb took us by surprise. The effects of this event were first felt early on the 23rd GMT, but the ejecta from the sun arrived just now (5:30pm Apr 23 GMT). Tonight there will be aurora over the northern tier of the US, Northern UK, Southern Scandinavia, and Southern Alaska. Observers in Southern New Zealand and Tasmania should watch the sky tonight, if the activity proves to be long-lasting."

If that is a factor, then why not affecting all the other satellites?

I checked my 33" dish I had previously locked on that MUX. Nothing. They are gone? I'm in calif so it's low on the horizon, but they were all good before...

Something else is going on...
That's my thought too. Main reason I'm not messing with that dish just yet.... since I got another signal from 72 very strong, I'll just wait it out & see....

Well, I got an email from [gse-aa] Auroral Alert:

"A solar event near the limb took us by surprise. The effects of this event were first felt early on the 23rd GMT, but the ejecta from the sun arrived just now (5:30pm Apr 23 GMT). Tonight there will be aurora over the northern tier of the US, Northern UK, Southern Scandinavia, and Southern Alaska. Observers in Southern New Zealand and Tasmania should watch the sky tonight, if the activity proves to be long-lasting."

If that is a factor, then why not affecting all the other satellites?

....this could account for the total loss of signal from 30.0°W yesterday too, but I didn't think much of it at the time as it was raining in my area. Hmmmm!! :confused:

Something must be going on with 72W MUX or general 72W sat reception. For the last four days the MUX has had very low signal quality levels. I just checked and the signal quality is low and pixilating. I use a 30X25 dish and always had good reception on 72W, I use the MUX stock channel (when its there) to listen to around the garage when working.

I use the SQ on 83W as a barometer of how well my set up is working and I just checked and I am receiving good SQ on 83 W. I use 83W reception as a check against overall weather conditions and satellite problems, as it is one of the hardest to receive here in NJ and one of the first that I lose signal on.

Hope SQ on 72W pick up soon weather is getting warm and I have a few in the garage projects.

Attachments

• DSCN0494.JPG
    DSCN0494.JPG
    570.3 KB · Views: 147
GEOSATpro 90cm dish, SL2 LNBF, microHD. Light overcast. 3:30pm 4/25/2012

4 - NBC C/N - 6.9 (pretty low)
1 - Family Radio TV ???
1 - Uplink Truck Live Feed

Signal on NBC mux is a bit weaker for me than it was Monday (67-70% bouncing instead of a steady 71%), but still a solid pic with no pixelation or dropouts.

.9m Fortec Star/STAB90/TrackerII/Openbox S9

Also seeing 1 uplink truck feed, and getting 70%Q with A/V on the 1666 SR signal mentioned earlier in this thread, but it wouldn't blindscan, had to enter it manually, plus 2 other hot tps.

Checks NBC mux again. Still no signal on a 1.2m dish. Sees a re-point to a different satellite in this dish's not-too-distant future.. :rolleyes:

working fine here in Minneapolis.

Although GBN (12143 V) is now gone

I noticed that GBN was gone when I returned from vacation in mid-March. It always had a good SQ for a low symbol rate station. I never ever seen the other religious station with the low symbol as the STB won't scan it or be able to manually enter that low symbol rate.

Waiting to see if the the MicroHD is capabel of scanning it in.

It was rainning here in NJ today, and as soon as the weather clears I will check the MUX, for SQ. I hate to lose the MUX, so far I loss 74W, 79W and all of the PBS stations on 63W that I could receive with a 30x25 dish. KU is getting might slim.

But like everything else time and technology move on, a lot of shortwave station went of the air, alot of the public safety radios have gone digital and encrypted, rendering police scanning almost useless. With that said the Ham Radio bands are expanding the government might stop HOA's from banning ham radio antennas there are some bright spots in my "radio and TV hobbies".

Coming in fine here (has been since this thread started). Only thing I have noticed is a slight drop in SQ. I measured it around April 10th and was get it at 68, and now it is around 62 (on the AZBox).

Quality drop and sometimes gone for completely with a 1.4m in PR. Something is going on or technical problems:rant:

GBN has been completely gone for several weeks now. I think they are planning on going the Roku Box Route, if they havent already..GBN was one of my stronger signals on 72. The NBC Mux was coming in fine last night..

Quality drop and sometimes gone for completely with a 1.4m in PR. Something is going on or technical problems:rant:

The NBC Mux did not show up on a blind scan this morning at 5 CST on either the S9 or the Traxis using two separate dishes. I have noticed this several times is the past few weeks. Sometime after 8 am it comes back. Last scan shows it is a very low signal 71Q

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)