Analyst: Dish could gain in T-Mobile Sprint Merger

I just switched from Sprint to T Mobile and couldn't be happier to get rid of Sprint. T Mobile paid for my early termination fee and paid off my iPhone. I now have 2 phones with unlimited data, for what it was costing me with Sprint for 1 phone with 2 Gig data limit. I hope the merger doesn't go through, Sprint could only contaminate T Mobile.

Reactions: TheKrell
IIRC, Cingular used to be called 360. Can't remember the name prior to that.

Totally depends on where you live(d). 360 became Alltel, but Cingular ended up with some of the markets due to merger requirements. Ironically, 360 started out as Sprint Cellular.

Reactions: pattykay
Totally depends on where you live(d). 360 became Alltel, but Cingular ended up with some of the markets due to merger requirements. Ironically, 360 started out as Sprint Cellular.
Yes, there is a store near me where the facade was obviously designed to accommodate the old Sprint logo. The name changed several times, and I remember seeing all of those brands on that building at some point or another.

Or at the very least, Son and Charlie are not comfortable just handing over assets to someone else to manage. Dish and Sprint should merge and then have a CEO cage match to determine who would run the combined company. ;)

So the merger is a done deal. Until it isn't.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
:happydance

I thought the merger a bad deal for T-Mo. And to let the folks that have failed with Sprint run the whole shooting match- and have the proven performer take a back seat- well, that's as dumb an idea as buying Nextel. Oh, wait!...

So the merger is a done deal. Until it isn't.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
:happydance

I thought the merger a bad deal for T-Mo. And to let the folks that have failed with Sprint run the whole shooting match- and have the proven performer take a back seat- well, that's as dumb an idea as buying Nextel. Oh, wait!...

Exactly. John Legere has the better track record among the 2 companies

If the two companies combine, they would be fools not to let John Legere run it. He's taken T-Mobile from a 4th rate carrier to a true contender in the wireless marketplace. But, this is Sprint we're talking about. They don't know how to make a good decision.

This is SoftBank talking not Sprint. SoftBank is not willing to give up their 80% control of Sprint to T-Mobile.
Sprint reportedly calling off T-Mobile merger talks
Since T-Mobile has over 10 million more US phone subscribers than Sprint, it had been widely assumed that the combined company would primarily be owned by Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile’s parent company. It sounded like Softbank was fine with that, but according to Nikkei, it’s not. Softbank’s board reportedly voted on Friday not to give up control of the combined company and therefore to call off merger negotiations.

Reactions: TheKrell