Annoying PSA's

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I am reaching my limit with these annoying PSA's Dish keeps inserting at every commercial break of every show, day and night for not just weeks but months on end. I don't need to see some guy saying yes, he's committed crimes but that doesn't make him a criminal. Oh really? Then there's the autisim one, and the really stupid shark through the glass, and the Ukraine aid, etc. It seems to me by banging people over the head time after time after time after time they loose their message pretty quickly and just as quickly become annoying. Maybe the FCC needs to get involved and issue a ruling limiting PSA's to once an hour before I finally throw in the towel and cut the cord. Thank God for the mute button.

I am reaching my limit with these annoying PSA's Dish keeps inserting at every commercial break of every show, day and night for not just weeks but months on end. I don't need to see some guy saying yes, he's committed crimes but that doesn't make him a criminal. Oh really? Then there's the autisim one, and the really stupid shark through the glass, and the Ukraine aid, etc. It seems to me by banging people over the head time after time after time after time they loose their message pretty quickly and just as quickly become annoying. Maybe the FCC needs to get involved and issue a ruling limiting PSA's to once an hour before I finally throw in the towel and cut the cord. Thank God for the mute button.
Pisses me off too. You can press the re-call button and then press again and you will see the ads that are actually being shown. Those PSA's get on your nerves.

My concern is that they are inserting PSAs because they cannot SELL advertising, that is bad for the Dish future. Maybe they could get different PSAs instead of the repetition. The "criminal" issue is an extension of woke-ism.

Reactions: jannah
I don't recall seeing any of these PSA's. Are they internet delivered thus on the Hopper/Wally? I have a VIP211k and I see the occasional inserted "order the multi-sport pack", the Dish Studio moves now available, or an HBO Max ad. But nothing like is being described.

Yes very Annoying! I'm NOT a Criminal is just the most annoying one yet, the one a month prior to that with the babbling woman with a cloud over her head was annoying also.
The Autism one is stupid, just because a kid doesn't like noise or people crowding him doesn't make them autistic.

These PSA's are run by Ad Council, are these required by the FCC?

Reactions: Jim S.
Yes very Annoying! I'm NOT a Criminal is just the most annoying one yet, the one a month prior to that with the babbling woman with a cloud over her head was annoying also.
The Autism one is stupid, just because a kid doesn't like noise or people crowding him doesn't make them autistic.

These PSA's are run by Ad Council, are these required by the FCC?
They are not required.

is it just me or have they've been increasing the amount of these PSA's this past week?, last night I must have seen the latest PSA's "I'm not a Criminal and "The Autism" one over 20 times in a timepsan of about 3 hours all on different channels, it's getting so annoying that my Dog is starting to bark at the TV, when they come on. The dog used to go bonkers with that head cloud babbling woman getting annoyed at them too. I wonder if other providers like DirecTV or even cable have these annoying PSA's?, I see a Reddit thread about Sling TV having these ads also.
I've been with Dish for a long time , but it maybe time to consider switching TV providers, if these ads keep popping up on EVERY Commercial break or just go strictly with streaming.

YouTube is worse. It's the same ads, St. Judes' mostly, that I have my finger on the button to skip as soon as I can. Having been in the biz, don't they know that heavy of rotation not only pisses people off, but causes active distain and avoidance? Meaning a lot less money coming in.

On d¡sh it's the ASPCA ones that get me. I already donate to them and several "No Kill Shelters". I don't need my day ruined by something that you can't unsee for the rest of the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)