Another Newbie . Can you help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, that's a good LNBF to use (and a good dish). To get anything other than the DBS satellites (61.5w, 82w, 91w, 110w, 119w, 129w, 148w), you'll need to connect to one of the 'L' outputs from the Invacom. Once you're confident that everything is aimed correctly, you can use either a DiSEqC switch or a 22k switch to combine the C and L outputs so you won't have to swap them all the time.

When using a switch, be sure to always power the receiver off completely (via the switch on the back or by unplugging it from the wall) before connecting or disconnecting switches.

So if I understand correctly the c port only picks up certain satellites and the L only picks up certain satellites .
Should it be programed in my receiver? I see there is a list off satellites:up
I have the Diseqc switch. When I get locked on some of the satellite s you have listed I will hook up the switch for the others Ad I did read about shutting the power off.:rolleyes:

Man this is frustraiting:eek:
I think I'm getting close.:cool:

Thanks
Steve

Steve,
C=Circular output, L=linear, you're getting it! DBS sats like Echo 9 are using circular polariztion, i.e. right-hand circular & left-hand circular vs linear (vertical & horizontal)

Steve,
C=Circular output, L=linear, you're getting it! DBS sats like Echo 9 are using circular polariztion, i.e. right-hand circular & left-hand circular vs linear (vertical & horizontal)

Echostar 9 is a standard linear KU 11.7-12.2 band bird.

Thanks,
So is this the type of signal sent Circular & Linear.. ? Beam rotation ??(getting techical for the common man)
And whats DBS Digital Brodcasting Signal ?

My other question was.. Is the satellite scan and blind scan the same thing??
When searching it says searching lock and back and forth .. so is it just locking in channels ?
I still have no picture and time ....:cool:
Man I'm losing weather fast . The satellite is on my roof ....:(
Never enough time.

Later,:hatsoff:
Steve

Thanks,
So is this the type of signal sent Circular & Linear.. ? Beam rotation ??(getting techical for the common man)
Circular is delivered as a Right hand or Left hand spiral. Linear is delivered as Vertical or Horzontial.

And whats DBS Digital Brodcasting Signal ?
DBS = Direct Broadcast Satellite

My other question was.. Is the satellite scan and blind scan the same thing??
When searching it says searching lock and back and forth .. so is it just locking in channels ?
Choose blind scan if you have that option, otherwise choose satellite scan -FTA. You are probably locking and unlocking on transponders that are scrambled - hence no channels when you are done scanning.
Bob
I still have no picture and time ....:cool:
Man I'm losing weather fast . The satellite is on my roof ....:(
Never enough time.

Later,:hatsoff:
Steve

Bob,
Thanks again
I have a Sonicveiw 4000. It has both scanning options.
I have tied both and that is correct. When done scanning one of the satellites I had no channels it said scrammbled. Not knowing about the satellite I was scanning.
So am I to assume I MAY be properly aimed. I just picked a couple wrong satellites??

Steve

Even if you are aimed at one of the DBS satellites like Bell ExpressVu's Nimiqs at 82w and 91w or Dish Network's birds at 110w and 119w, you should scan at least one or two channels that are unencrypted on each of those birds. 91w has OnHD (a preview channel) and a few copies of the BEV info channel. 119w has NASA-TV, Dish 101 (x3 or 4 :rolleyes:) and a bunch of radio channels.

Thanks Tron:up:up
I'll go back and see if I saved the channels . I think I did . to see if those couple are there before I proceed.

Man It's windy to go on the roof,:))

Status
Please reply by conversation.

22khz switch

Lyngsat map accuracy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts