Are you still having problems with your VOOM box (OTA Problems)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My box is going to die.

Besides red push, my box works fine till yesterday.
Last night, it locked up when I tried to turn it off. I do not know when it happened since I stayed at one channel for entire evening.
Tonight, It had no picture for all channels when I first turned on the tv. I had to do a front panel reset. The picture came back, but the box locked up before I could decide which program I was going to watch.
I did another front panel rest and decided that I would like do know how long it takes for the box to lock up again. I kept jumping from one channel to another or checking system status till it froze up.
On an average of less than 30 minutes, it locks up once. The box does not response to any key of the remote control. Most of times it can be got back by front panel reset. A few times I had to unplug its power cord to get it back.
After rebooting the box eight times, I tried to stay on one channel. It showed the program for 20 minutes, then started "reset" itself. The satellite icon in the left window disappeared, the red lines on the right flashed one by one, but nothing came back. I had to unplug the power cord again.
I gave up.
I will try once more tomorrow and make a service call if same thing happens again

tytxy said:
I will try once more tomorrow and make a service call if same thing happens again
I have made the call. The CSR tried to send some commands to my box, but could not solve the problem. A new box was ordered. The installer was scheduled to bring it to my house on 17th. I was surprised that they can switch boxes within three days. Let's see what happens next Tuesday.

tytxy said:
I have made the call. The CSR tried to send some commands to my box, but could not solve the problem. A new box was ordered. The installer was scheduled to bring it to my house on 17th. I was surprised that they can switch boxes within three days. Let's see what happens next Tuesday.
Just a follow up:
I called local installer, DigitalDirect, to make sure they will come tomorrow. Guess what! I was told that they had no such order from voom, no schedule, no box.
I called voom. The csr asked me to hold the phone while she was contacting with the installer. After 40 minutes, she told me everything was settled. The installer will call me when they get the equipement.
I call DigitalDirect again. This time they had the order, but the earliest date to swap the boxes is Thurday.

New box, fast download and 118 channels

I got my box replaced. It seems to be much faster to get PG.
When I looked at system settings, there are 118 satellite channels! Rush to log on the Forum, of course, you guys have known it already.

tytxy said:
I got my box replaced. It seems to be much faster to get PG.
When I looked at system settings, there are 118 satellite channels! Rush to log on the Forum, of course, you guys have known it already.
Check your box again. I've heard the latest boxes come with 126 channels! :yes

Sean, a full 3 weeks after my last appointment. The installer showed up yesterday with an 4 bay bow-tie UHF antenna that they said cost 60 bucks, the full amount allowed by Installs. This is also the exact same antenna I was using for my analog locals before Voom. Anyway, it didn't even do as good as the stealth. I also took the installer online and showed him that this antenna costs about 20 bucks. The installer took his crap antenna and left. About 2 hours later Chuck from Installs called me and told me in nicer words that installers are idiots, and that he was going to see about shipping an 8 bay bow-tie ($60 antenna online) directly to me. He is supposed to call back today

Ilya said:
Check your box again. I've heard the latest boxes come with 126 channels! :yes
Yes. That was about an hour later. They add 8 SD channels.

Anyway to tune OTA ?

I just got Voomed today !

The install went well but the OTA situation is a bit of a mess. I'm living in southern CT and should be picking up the PBS/CBS/ABC towers. The PBS station does not map at all, CBS station maps with no picture and the ABC station only maps with one channel (3 are active)

any sugestions ? can i tune manually ?

thanks

these are what show up

WFSBDT 3.1
WFSBDT 3.2
WFSBDT3 3.3
WTNHDT 8.1
WTNHDT 8.2
WTXXDT 20.1
WTXXDT 22.1
WWLPDT 26.2
WHPXDT2 49.1
WEDWDT 49.1
WEDWDT 49.2
WEDWDT2 49.2
WEDWDT2 49.3
WEDWDT3 49.4

should I call voom and have them re-map my box ?

thanks

hd_SDI_1080i said:
WFSBDT 3.1
WFSBDT 3.2
WFSBDT3 3.3
WTNHDT 8.1
WTNHDT 8.2
WTXXDT 20.1
WTXXDT 22.1
WWLPDT 26.2
WHPXDT2 49.1
WEDWDT 49.1
WEDWDT 49.2
WEDWDT2 49.2
WEDWDT2 49.3
WEDWDT3 49.4

should I call voom and have them re-map my box ?

thanks

So these show up on the link I gave you? If they do then VOOM has remapped your box correctly. Let me know if that's the case. Which of those above are showing up in your PG?

hd_SDI_1080i said:
WFSBDT 3.1
WFSBDT 3.2
WTNHDT 8.1
WTNHDT 8.2
WTXXDT 20.1

are the only ones in my guide, thanks

What did the installer told you? You must have one of the newer boxes. Don't do a factory reset. Try to call VOOM Tech Support.

Sean,
My VOOM hasn't been installed yet but I checked the link you gave. It is missing one channel and one of the two it does show is wrong. Does that mean I will only get ONE of my three digital channels? Do you have an email address to advise of corrections?

n0qcu said:
Sean,
My VOOM hasn't been installed yet but I checked the link you gave. It is missing one channel and one of the two it does show is wrong. Does that mean I will only get ONE of my three digital channels? Do you have an email address to advise of corrections?

Email me you zipcode. I will send it to someone who works on this. Hopefully it will be done before you get installed. Send me what zap2it is showing and what you should get.

install happened today - installer really did not know much about OTA.

zapit does show more channels than are mapped on my box. How does one get through to voom tech support ? ... will I have to beg a CSR to put me through.

thanks.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)