Arrow

Tweet from Arrow's Stephen Amell
It was a good run.

Also for those "sick" of Katie Cassidy,Arrow might as well be named "Black Canary" during episodes 10,11,& 12 while we all wonder if Oliver is dead or alive. I wonder when Atom will kick in to add to the agony of whether Oliver is dead or alive? I also wonder if this is a test to see how fans react to the Atom to see whether he'll be the next spin-off from Arrow after the Flash?

I think we will probably see an Arrow/Atom/Flash and maybe Firestorm tv DC universe, with crossovers to make a Justice League type situation separate from the movie franchise. At least I hope thats what they do.

On the finale, I thought it was a good show, but my nit pick is with the final fight scene. I get Ra's Al Ghul is one of the most skilled fighters in the DC universe, on par with or surpassing Batman.

However, this show and even the comics have portrayed Arrow as being nearly as good, and one of more formidable people alive in hand to hand or weapons mastery.

Usually he is cool and precise.

This fight scene had him very much the opposite. He was flailing away, hacking, lunging, slipping, and looking nothing like how they have had him fight in the past with the exception of the end when he made his move right before he was stabbed.

No matter how good Ra's is, it should not make Oliver any less competent than he is. I think they could have done much better with it. So for a good show, the big fight that they built up was a disappointment.

I think we will probably see an Arrow/Atom/Flash and maybe Firestorm tv DC universe, with crossovers to make a Justice League type situation separate from the movie franchise. At least I hope thats what they do.

On the finale, I thought it was a good show, but my nit pick is with the final fight scene. I get Ra's Al Ghul is one of the most skilled fighters in the DC universe, on par with or surpassing Batman.

However, this show and even the comics have portrayed Arrow as being nearly as good, and one of more formidable people alive in hand to hand or weapons mastery.

Usually he is cool and precise.

This fight scene had him very much the opposite. He was flailing away, hacking, lunging, slipping, and looking nothing like how they have had him fight in the past with the exception of the end when he made his move right before he was stabbed.

No matter how good Ra's is, it should not make Oliver any less competent than he is. I think they could have done much better with it. So for a good show, the big fight that they built up was a disappointment.

Don't forget the upcoming Supergirl on CBS. They have said it will reside in the same Arrow/Flash TV universe.

I agree the fight scene kind of sucked. Oliver looked very clumsy like he had never held a sword before or been in hand to hand combat until the very end.

Don't forget the upcoming Supergirl on CBS. They have said it will reside in the same Arrow/Flash TV universe.

I agree the fight scene kind of sucked. Oliver looked very clumsy like he had never held a sword before or been in hand to hand combat until the very end.
I don't remember seeing him ever hold a sword before.

For all of the hype about the intro of Laurel's(Katie ‘Please don't make me wear a curly blonde wig.' Cassidy) Black Canary,they sure took their sweet time doing it. With Laurel,Diggle,& Roy having to do the crime fighting right now,for some reason the movie "Kick-Ass" came to mind,you know,the premise of every day people(e.g. "amateurs") donning a mask &/or costume to fight crime.

Not bad, although I figured they would let us "wonder" about Oliver a little longer. Not that there was ever really any question, we all knew he would make it some how or another.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Wife was pretty annoyed this was in the first episode back.
Whoa,never seen you in these parts before,but your wife is right. As I said earlier,for all of the hype of Laurel becoming the Black Canary,they sure took their sweet time intro-ing her,& they didn't show any more of her than you could see on the trailer for this episode. If you saw the trailer,you didn't need to watch the show.

Not bad, although I figured they would let us "wonder" about Oliver a little longer. Not that there was ever really any question, we all knew he would make it some how or another.

For this reason, I'm glad they didn't drag out the inevitable, though they can still drag out his return while everyone goes on without him thinking he's dead. My only hope is it doesn't take too long for Thea to learn Oliver is the Arrow (I thought Malcolm already told her before last night's episode) and that she was responsible for his and Sara's deaths. I really want her to suffer a bit before Oliver comes back because she's really annoying me.

I guess that in the DC Arrow universe,they must have hyper-sonic jets,because both Malcolm Merlyn & Oliver sure can travel pretty fast between Ra's al Ghul's territory & Starling City. Pretty good episode outside of that mystery.

I assume they had a time difference between the Oliver scenes and what was going on in Starling. Then synced them together at the end. That is what I am telling myself anyway.

I enjoyed the episode though. I will say, I was thinking (because of how far away Ollie was if there was not a time difference) that the man swinging in on the arrow line might have been Merlin the closer it got to the end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts