Barry Bonds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Geronimo said:
Again I never made the statement that he has said that he HAS used them. I said he no longer denies it. Your statement does confirm that.

As for Gonzalez I do not know much about his case. For all I know MLB is looking at him.

In Grimsleyu's case I sometimes read that it is part of "getting" Bonds and sometimes part of a larger probe. But there have certainly been prosecutions of individuals other than Barry Bonds.
From an Associated Press story today:

"The 41-year-old Bonds, who passed Babe Ruth with his 715th career home run last month, has always denied using steroids or any other performance-enhancing drugs -- insisting everything he has accomplished is a product of natural talent and hard work."

That belies your statement. Now if you're just playing semantics, I guess if you're not talking to anyone; then technically you're not denying it...

Last edited:
I stand by my statement. His recent statements (which we have both quoted) have taked about taking substances from BALCO and include the comment that he did not KNOWINGLY take steroids.

Geronimo said:
I stand by my statement. His recent statements (which we have both quoted) have taked about taking substances from BALCO and include the comment that he did not KNOWINGLY take steroids.
Show me where he has actually been quoted as saying that he didn't knowingly take steroids. According to the SF Chronicle, what he actually said was that he never thought that what Greg Anderson had given him were steroids, and that he was confident that his trainer hadn't slipped him banned drugs without his knowledge. He has never acknowledged taking steroids - knowingly or unknowingly. Anderson has always denied giving Bonds steroids, and Bonds has always denied getting them from Anderson. Bonds has never acknowledged that the "cream" and the "clear" he got from Anderson were steroids. They may have been; but he has never acknowledged that, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Its posted in this thread somewhere earlier, but here is the info directly according to the actual grand jury a transcripts; not what the book or SF Chronicle interprets them or reports them to be.

The transcript shows that before he testified, Bonds (like every other player) was told he would not be prosecuted for any crimes he admitted as long as he told the truth to the grand jury.

Bonds testified that "he had received and used clear and cream substances from his personal strength trainer, Greg Anderson, during the 2003 baseball season but was told they were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a rubbing balm for arthritis".

Bonds said he had "no knowledge of the doping calendars and other records that indicated he had used banned drugs". He said he had "never paid Anderson for steroids and had never knowingly used them".

"Greg and I are friends," Bonds told the grand jury. "I never paid Greg for anything. ... You're going to bring up documents and more documents. I have never seen anything written by Greg Anderson on a piece of paper."

Bonds testified he "had never discussed anything like steroids with his trainer". Bonds said that "as far as he knew, Anderson had given him only legal products to treat the arthritis and fatigue that afflicted him, especially when playing a day game after a night game". The trainer brought the products into the Giants' clubhouse at Pac Bell Park "once a homestand," Bonds said, and that's where he used them.

"I never asked Greg" about what the products contained, Bonds testified. "When he said it was flaxseed oil, I just said, 'Whatever.'

"It was in the ballpark ... in front of everybody. I mean, all the reporters, my teammates. I mean, they all saw it. I didn't hide it."

And he said he"was confident that his trainer hadn't slipped him banned drugs without his knowledge", saying Anderson "wouldn't jeopardize our friendship" by doing that.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)