Belo agrement expires NOV 1st at midnight

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would NOT consider it a WAR and also keep in mind this is not about KMOV specifically.

Belo owns many stations and they are all pretty much up for re commitments.

Hopefully, in this case, it will play out in the same way.

It has been suggested to me in another thread to use an OTA. This is sort of a problem, because, it would be nearly impossible for me to get a 5th cable up to my TV.

We currently have 4 that used to come up thru the floor, that were re-routed so that they could come out of the wall when we had hard wood floor's put into our living room.

The wall behind my TV has a large steel beam sitting under it, so, there is no way to bring another cable up from the basement, and it is a vaulted ceiling,
so bringing a cable down from the attic would be equally problematic. Using an AM21 would have to be accomplished with a wall mounted square HD
antenna that would be hidden by our TV, which, I doubt would have good success.

I do remember losing G4TV a couple of years ago, but, this may have only been 1 channel, and I suppose maybe that was of little importance to DirecTv, though I watched
several shows on that channel.

I'm hoping we keep Fox channels as well, mostly for NatGeo, as that is a favorite channel in my house.

It has been suggested to me in another thread to use an OTA. This is sort of a problem, because, it would be nearly impossible for me to get a 5th cable up to my TV.

We currently have 4 that used to come up thru the floor, that were re-routed so that they could come out of the wall when we had hard wood floor's put into our living room.

The wall behind my TV has a large steel beam sitting under it, so, there is no way to bring another cable up from the basement, and it is a vaulted ceiling,
so bringing a cable down from the attic would be equally problematic. Using an AM21 would have to be accomplished with a wall mounted square HD

I do remember losing G4TV a couple of years ago, but, this may have only been 1 channel, and I suppose maybe that was of little importance to DirecTv, though I watched

I'm hoping we keep Fox channels as well, mostly for NatGeo, as that is a favorite channel in my house.

I think your worrying way too much about this ....
First, theres NOTHING you can do to help resolve this issue
Second, chances are about 1 % that they actually drop them when the time comes.
They are still 10 days out. A TON of things can happen between now and then.

There is a G4 on DVB, but I'm still not sure if it's the real deal or a loop.

You could always get a C-Band and sub to HITS to get the real G4TV. Programming Center | 4DTV Programming

You can always get a TV antenna.

Thats for sure, I get the Houston locals through DirecTV, and KHOU CBS 11 is a Belo owned station as well. I put up an UHF antenna a few years back, and went to a long range UHF/VHF combo antenna last year.

KXTS 41 CBS in Victoria Texas just sarted broadcasting a month or so ago about 35 miles away, so I get a good CBS HD signal. I've thought about getting a AM21 box so I can DVR OTA stuff, but a buddy who bought one has a lot of issues with it because DirecTV won't enable the guide data for the 3 low power stations from Victoria Texas.

Thats for sure, I get the Houston locals through DirecTV, and KHOU CBS 11 is a Belo owned station as well. I put up an UHF antenna a few years back, and went to a long range UHF/VHF combo antenna last year.

KXTS 41 CBS in Victoria Texas just sarted broadcasting a month or so ago about 35 miles away, so I get a good CBS HD signal. I've thought about getting a AM21 box so I can DVR OTA stuff, but a buddy who bought one has a lot of issues with it because DirecTV won't enable the guide data for the 3 low power stations from Victoria Texas.

You watch the Low Power stations ?

I have a few here that I never watch and when I go to the guide it shows the guide info for what is on regardless of whether it's a D* delivered or OTA , at least on my set up.
I'm using a HR24 with the AM21.
Could be the station not supplying the info to the Tribune I suppose.

As for the AM21, the only gripe most have with it is that it doesn't SCAN, but other than that, I barely notice I have it.

The issue in Victoria is those are network stations...but they're all low powered

looking at wiki
NBC is analog...digital subchannel on ABC...low powered
ABC is full powered
CBS is analog...digital subchannel on ABC...low powered
CW is analog
Fox is digital

what is weird is the same owner owns 6 stations in the market (all 4 nets + 2 Spanish stations)...kinda like the situation in Lima OH...couple full powered stations and the rest are analog low powered...all owned or run by same company

The issue in Victoria is those are network stations...but they're all low powered

looking at wiki
NBC is analog...digital subchannel on ABC...low powered
ABC is full powered
CBS is analog...digital subchannel on ABC...low powered
CW is analog
Fox is digital

what is weird is the same owner owns 6 stations in the market (all 4 nets + 2 Spanish stations)...kinda like the situation in Lima OH...couple full powered stations and the rest are analog low powered...all owned or run by same company

Thanks for the info Iceberg, I'm glad I live in the next County over so I'm in the Houston Locals Area. Satellite subs in Victoria County can't get HD locals via Satellite.

Actually KXTS 41 CBS is now HD as of Sept 12, and is not a sub channel anymore.
CBS signs affiliation with KXTS in Victoria

My 50" plasma shows KAVU ABC 25, KVCT 19 FOX, and KXTS 41 CBS to be the only HD locals out of Victoria, everything else is a analog subchannel, the picture resolution on the NBC subchannel is horrible. Sometimes I get Austin and San Antonio locals, I'm sure if I went higher with the antenna, I'd get them 100% of the time. My wife already gripes about the three sat dishes and the antenna.

You're right about the same owner, all the channels have the same website.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Iceberg, I'm glad I live in the next County over so I'm in the Houston Locals Area. Satellite subs in Victoria County can't get HD locals via Satellite.

Actually KXTS 41 CBS is now HD as of Sept 12, and is not a sub channel anymore.
CBS signs affiliation with KXTS in Victoria

My 50" plasma shows KAVU ABC 25, KVCT 19 FOX, and KXTS 41 CBS to be the only HD locals out of Victoria, everything else is a analog subchannel, the picture resolution on the NBC subchannel is horrible. Sometimes I get Austin and San Antonio locals, I'm sure if I went higher with the antenna, I'd get them 100% of the time. My wife already gripes about the three sat dishes and the antenna.

You're right about the same owner, all the channels have the same website.

Why 3 Sat Dishes ?

KING 5 has reached a deal with DirecTV. ...[/FONT]

No, KING (and the rest of the lot). BELO has reached a deal with DirecTV on your behalf..

Regardless, form held. No blackout. Good for them. Now the $64,000 Question: Will NWCN (Northwest Cable News) break onto DIRECTV sometime soon as it has on dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)