Best Lnbf???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

=RM=PimP

Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
im wanting to put a new lnb on my 10ft. mesh dish, i want to pick up c-band, ku-band and circular signals which is the best lnb??

If you need an LNb , Norsat or calamp is king IMO.
If you need an lnbf I like astrotel.
could u please be a little more specific

A lnb or lnbf? I assume you want circular c-band? what are you using dvb only or do you have a 4dtv?
im using fta dvb and i also have a subscription to dn so when it rains, i wanna aim my big dish at their sats then hook up my dn reciever to the big dish to view that programming other wise im just using the b.u.d. for fta stuff i want one like this http://cgi.ebay.com/New-BSC621-C-Ku...ryZ11726QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem but i heard it doesent get ku-band to well, also wanting to know whats better cause im sure their is better, lol

For dish net put up a larger offset dish.

For c/ku-band linear on the low cost side the Geosat lnbf is ok, for good quality c/ku linear and circular c-band a corotor II plus wideband feedhorn with Norsat or Cal amp lnb's would be best, the Norsat 8115 for c-band and 4106a for ku-band would be a great choice.

Last edited:
rules to live by:

I'm usually pretty wordy, but let me keep it terse for a change:

1).
Do not mix subscription problems or hardware with FTA.
For dish net put up a larger offset dish.
That's the very best solution for a whole laundry list of reasons. - :up

2).
Ya can't get circular Ku DBS frequencies through a BSC-621, a CK-1, nor BUD LNBs on a Chaparral feedhorn (nor similar).
Remember please, the LO is wrong.

3). using a spare DBS LNBf mounted beside your existing BUD LNB hardware is a possibility.
But it's also a poor solution.
See #1). above. - :D

Dish net dbs can be received on your bud but it is simpler to use a large offset ku dish
Channelmaster makes a gainmaster dish for multisat DBS to reduce or eliminate rainfade

I'm usually pretty wordy, but let me keep it terse for a change:

1).
Do not mix subscription problems or hardware with FTA.

That's the very best solution for a whole laundry list of reasons. - :up

2).
Ya can't get circular Ku DBS frequencies through a BSC-621, a CK-1, nor BUD LNBs on a Chaparral feedhorn (nor similar).
Remember please, the LO is wrong.

3). using a spare DBS LNBf mounted beside your existing BUD LNB hardware is a possibility.
But it's also a poor solution.
See #1). above. - :D

hmm, lets see

1. no one is talking about any subscription or hardware "problems" and if u wanna keep it fta, then im trying to watch NASA on 119, its fta and i wanna use a 10foot mesh dish to get it

2. in the description of this lnb (BSC=621) it says its designed to get circular ku frequencies (with insertion of the included dilectric plate) and all fta is DBS format

3. ive heard of some people doing this, i am considering it but would rather not do it this way, have u ever tried this or know someone who has?

I didn't intend to sound rude.
I just didn't want to write a book on the subject, as often happens. - :eek:
Here are some more answers:

hmm, lets see

1. no one is talking about any subscription or hardware "problems" and if u wanna keep it fta, then im trying to watch NASA on 119, its fta and i wanna use a 10foot mesh dish to get it
Well, this is what you said before, and hooking a Dish Network receiver to just one LNB when it's expecting two, will at the minimum, require a Check Switch procedure.
i also have a subscription to dn so when it rains, i wanna aim my big dish at their sats then hook up my dn reciever to the big dish to view that programming
Their receivers don't handle such changes gracefully.
2. in the description of this lnb (BSC=621) it says its designed to get circular ku frequencies (with insertion of the included dilectric plate) and all fta is DBS format
I think it's intended to receive circular C-band, which is only on some pretty-far-east satellites.
And, on Ku-band, it has the wrong Local Oscillator frequency to receive the DBS band.
3. ive heard of some people doing this, i am considering it but would rather not do it this way, have u ever tried this or know someone who has?
User McGuyver (and many others) have mounted outboard LNBs on their BUDs.
You can scroll through his pictures for additional ideas.

I don't have much experience with DN stuff especially the new stuff.
I know a while back me and my cousin tried connecting a directv receiver to a single lnbf dish
So he could take the receiver to his weekend home.
The receiver had trouble not finding a switch and multiple lnbf's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts