Blu-ray Hardware Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I used the promo last year, the credit showed up in three weeks !
Good to know, tks. In my experience anytime you really don't care when something shows up, it's there almost immediately. And of course the converse is true!

Looks like this purchase qualified for the 0% interest anyway so as long as the credit appears by about month 8 from date of purchase I'll be OK...!

Unfortunately that $150 credit is only for purchases made at SonyStyle.com for over $299. The 350 purchased there would qualify, but the total would be more like $150 plus whatever your state sales tax is on $299.99. But that's still a great deal on a Sony latest-gen BD player, if that's your desire...

I'm a Sony fan and the "Bravia Sync" capability will be nice when the 550 is pared with my 5300 receiver. (Unfortunately my Bravia XBR2 TV predated that feature.) I was getting interested in the new higher end Panasonic (BD55K?), but that ~$274 delivered for the Sony was too hard to pass up...!

Last edited:
Good to know, tks. In my experience anytime you really don't care when something shows up, it's there almost immediately. And of course the converse is true!

Looks like this purchase qualified for the 0% interest anyway so as long as the credit appears by about month 8 from date of purchase I'll be OK...!

You are welcome ! :)

I haven't seen this posted yet... but Best Buy and Circuit City are both giving the Ultimate Matrix Collection free with purchase of the Samsung BDP-1500 for $299....

Well, I've read the link, and the comments. I really thought this Xmas we'd see BD players below $300, and below $200 Xmas '09. Now, we're already seeing BD players below $200, and one poster says there'll be a $99 one also.

Amazing how fast prices are coming down.

Well, it's good to see a cheap entry point for Blu-ray, but I won't be buying any Insignia products. Not after dealing with that crappy LCD HDTV installed in the RV I bought. I suppose I really ought to stop complaining, remove it and sell it, and put a better one in next spring, when prices go down. Might have to run that past She Who Must Be Obeyed. WHOA! Better idea: We can give it to her parents for a bedroom TV when they move later this month. Have to find a stand or just wall mount it on an arm for them. It came on a standard RV rear mount built onto a slide, no table stand.

Thank You, elwaylite, for inspiring such a great idea to solve two problems at once! Planned it that way, did you? ;)

:D:D:D It worked! Wife & in-laws bought in to the idea. In November I'll remove the TV from the RV and buy a wall mount arm, and deliver it to them. Looks like the facility will install it. So long as they can tilt it down slightly so they can view it dead on, it's not a bad TV. And next spring, I'll put out around $500 (SWAG) for a better one, but not one so good I'd worry about theft. Nice when things work out so well. :D:D:D

That Insignia is essentially $100, as it comes with a Best Buy coupon book.

PC World has a list of its top ten Blu-Ray drives for PC's!

http://www.pcworld.com/shopping/browse/category.html?id=10037&filter=|popup1[],5:355&src=sem&HBX_PK=pcw_01_shop-storage-drives-INTL_bluray_ad-A03&utm_source=shop-storage-drives-INTL_bluray&utm_medium=shop-storage-drives-INTL&utm_content=shop-INTL&utm_campaign=Google-CPC

Bacon Today | Daily Updates on the World of Sweet, Sweet Bacon.

That Insignia is essentially $100, as it comes with a Best Buy coupon book.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that you probably shouldn't value that coupon book very highly.

First, the Deal is 10 coupons, each is buy one at regular price, get one at $10 off. Only works at BB. They won't honor the coupon if the disc is on sale. Each coupon is to select two out of 6-7 offered. Finally, the same discs appear on different lists.

I think you would be lucky to use this three times, and even then, you can match the $5 off/disc at several on-line sources, such as Amazon.

(I felt burned by the coupon book)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)