BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to post that article from the PD. :)

If it's true. Huge if. Then Miami may be in a hell of a lot of trouble. We're talking forfeiture of draft picks as well as fines. I'm thinking Stern is going to sit back and wait for more details to surface before making a decision
I don't think Stern will do anything because of all the revenue the team will bring in. Mark Cuban is the only guy that would ever get punished for something like this;)

I don't think Stern will do anything because of all the revenue the team will bring in. Mark Cuban is the only guy that would ever get punished for something like this;)

Stern may not have a choice. This is close to collusion. Certainly something most of the NBA owners will not like. Not to mention something the FBI would investigate

This backstory adds credence to the thought that James did shut it down at times during the playoffs. After all, if the Cavs won a title wouldn't it make it almost impossible for him to leave??

well we need something for the Cleveland fans to picj at don't we? Why keep feeding these crybaby losers more things to whine about?

WOW!! EVERY time you mention these three guys....the first thing out of your computer is "injury"...as if you WANT it to happen for spiteful reasons....:rolleyes:

And NOW, it's the 3 stooges...??!! Is it safe to say you don't like them? LOL!

yeah, i don't like this because of the way it has been handled. and now its sounding more and more like collusion has been commited. you know pat riley sold his soul to the devil which means all hell is going to break loose. i'm getting my popcorn ready now.

i keep telling you guys to read bill simmons espn.com column fron july 8 about how this was hatched out 3 years ago and agreed upon in china.

think them all taking 3 year contracts in 2007 was coincindence? i don't.

and salsa, i'm sorry if it sounds like i am picking on you but your post sounds like chris broussard's story today panning dan gilbert.

sure, lots of othger athlets have spurned their former teams for a different fortune but none of them did it in the manner james did. and the more i read and hear on dan patrick's show, the more i hope the entire truth comes out.

This backstory adds credence to the thought that James did shut it down at times during the playoffs. After all, if the Cavs won a title wouldn't it make it almost impossible for him to leave??

brian's story is the same thing bill simmons said last wednesday. that's two reporters who have gone on record with this. i don't think they will be the last 2.

Dont want to add another thread as this has many concering Lebron but how many are thinking of getting "League Pass" to catch this trio in action

collusion is a secret agreement between 2 or more parties for the purpose of deceit or fraud. its safe to say that all 3 were deceitful by pretending to be truly interested in signing with other teams when they had no intention.

i hope the truth is uncovered and they all get nailed!

collusion is a secret agreement between 2 or more parties for the purpose of deceit or fraud. its safe to say that all 3 were deceitful by pretending to be truly interested in signing with other teams when they had no intention.

i hope the truth is uncovered and they all get nailed!
There's nothing illegal about that. Unethical maybe, but no laws or rules were broken.

Now, if they can prove officials from the Heat contacted the players before 7/1, that's different...

There's nothing illegal about that. Unethical maybe, but no laws or rules were broken.

Now, if they can prove officials from the Heat contacted the players before 7/1, that's different...

read the story in the cleveland plain dealer. it said the heat's owners son contacted the trio during worlds in 2006. it pretty much spells out pat riley's involvement too. and long, long before july 1, 2010.

Like Iceturkee said, there's way too many coincidentals here for this to not be collusion. The link that was posted is from today's paper. Give it a day or so, and perhaps SI, The Sporting News or (dare we hope?) ESPN will pick up on this. The latter I seriously doubt. They were a willing, and perhaps active, participant in all of this. So much for journalistic integrity. :rolleyes:

read the story in the cleveland plain dealer. it said the heat's owners son contacted the trio during worlds in 2006. it pretty much spells out pat riley's involvement too. and long, long before july 1, 2010.
I did read the article. Arison had official duties with USA Basketball from 2004 through the 2008 Olympics. The Cavs knew about James' sit-down with Riley and MJ and could have filed tampering charges, but didn't.

After this all dies down it's important that Cavs fans come to the realization that James didn't want to be there and they'll probably be better off without him. I'm a Sox fan and I kind of relate this to the Manny Ramirez situation. Even though he was adored by Red Sox Nation, Manny wanted out and quit on the team to ensure that would happen. The big difference is that Manny did help the Sox win 2 rings before exiting....

I did read the article. Arison had official duties with USA Basketball from 2004 through the 2008 Olympics. The Cavs knew about James' sit-down with Riley and MJ and could have filed tampering charges, but didn't.

After this all dies down it's important that Cavs fans come to the realization that James didn't want to be there and they'll probably be better off without him. I'm a Sox fan and I kind of relate this to the Manny Ramirez situation. Even though he was adored by Red Sox Nation, Manny wanted out and quit on the team to ensure that would happen. The big difference is that Manny did help the Sox win 2 rings before exiting....

The issue was never that he wanted to leave. If he wanted out, then fine. His prerogative. As stated several times over, it was HOW he did it. And the fact that he had "help" from several directions (some of which, if proven, were illegal as all hell), is what's grinding not just Cav fans, but a lot of basketball fans across the country. I get the whole, "there's no loyalty". Both owners and players are guilty of that. This goes well beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)