Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

mdonnelly said:
It's not like E*put VOOM out of business. VOOM was never viable from the beginning.
That's what they said about HBO and cable in general.. I agree they lack a lot..

Voom is still taking orders!!! I just got off the phone and have installation scheduled for this Saturday 3/5 ! CSR told me they are operating "business as usual" and the $1.00 install has been extended to probably the end of March. I did not want to miss out on the Voom experience. I have been researching for a month and finally pulled the trigger. It seems Voom is the best choice for HD of any other service provider. If it is only a short life forward for Voom I will go back to OTA (where I came from) untill another provider can match the quantity of HD offerred by Voom. I wish us all luck

bryan27 said:
We are all going to have to start a VOOM support group and have group therapy. Ever since Jan.21st we've been on this mind f**K and it is bound to affect our little minds :(

There is a certain merit to this idea. There are many of us who will be looking for a direction as to where to go next for hd: cable, satellite, ota situations from others with experience with them.
It would be nice to have a centralized place to post our experiences with hd providers, what may be forthcoming with hd, and how to encourage hd providers to provide more programming. There may come a day when those of us who have been voomers will recognize that we were at the forefront of what hd will one day become. I recognize it now.

Isnt it funny?

You know what they say...
Without VOOM your new HDTV is just a TV.
and
Buying an HDTV is an investment. Don't get burned!

Isn't funny that voom is burning all their customers and making all our HDTV's just TV's..

Well, I better call and use my $20 credit before they turn off the light. Everyone is invited to my house to watch Playboy HD.

Mike

mkwillia said:
Well, I better call and use my $20 credit before they turn off the light. Everyone is invited to my house to watch Playboy HD.

Mike
I can fit 7 in my truck,who's up for the road trip to wherever mike lives? :)

Waaa, Waaaa, waaaa. Weep, soooob. Waaa, bawl. Not my voom. Ahhhh, booo hoo. Waaaa......Sniff....sniff....WAAA AAAHHH WAAAA BOO HOOO BAWL

klipschman said:
Waaa, Waaaa, waaaa. Weep, soooob. Waaa, bawl. Not my voom. Ahhhh, booo hoo. Waaaa......Sniff....sniff....WAAA AAAHHH WAAAA BOO HOOO BAWL

Welcome to the forum.. I hope you are ok :what

Its just...sniff...sniff. I love my voom. I had comcrap, ewwhhrrgghrr, shudder. My 70 inch sony looks like crap on...bawww hawwwww....sniff, I'm ok really...just a little veclempt...comcast. :no .No more high def Bruce Lee, Where have all the pixels gone? The first night I had Voom my sister was all "so whats so special about Voom?" I clicked on the "All hd guide" and Mystic River Popped up. She had never seen it. I was in love, still am. Here goes..."Voom honey, take us back. We forgive your exploits, dont we fellas? Come on we will be true. I have never even looked at another sattelite since I met you sweetie. Just think about it, ok? We love you Voom and will never forget you"

I heard from a sales rep for Voom, that Voom has in the past out-sourced their web sales, and that they will no longer use their web hosting and sales vendor due to poor on line sales, but intends to continue sales focusing on other marketing avenues.

Voom has nearly doubled in sales since they announced the sale/closure of Voom. I was also told that commissions for sales reps have gone up since the announcement of the closure of the Voom.com web site, and that Voom is changing their marketing strategy to best promote their product.

I suppose it is possible that the vendor is upset and they have posted the message to purposefully cause doubt and confusion of Voom's future.

After Seeing the announcement Feb. 28 that Voom has funding I'd put more stock in that than in a message by Voom.Com.

wow....I finally got to the end.... So, what's the deal with paying our voom bills? Does anyone really recommend not paying them? According to the website, we would basically be paying for something we will never get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)