Browns Hire Mangini

Don't forget that Mangini will have more talent to operate with in Cleveland.

Winslow, Edwards, Anderson/Quinn, Lewis, Cribbs > Favre, Washington, Coles

09000d5d80df7a5f_video_rhr_280_210%20copy.jpg

"It is really special to be back here, where I got my first opportunity," said Mangini. "I have a very distinct vision of what I want to build. Having talented players with character, players selflessly driving toward the same goal. I'm going to be vigilant about that."

"You learn so much from your experiences," he said. "I tell players, win or lose, be honest. I ask myself that all the time. Nobody stops improving. I learned so many things over three years. There's no Dummies guide to head coaching."

I'm sold. Hail ManGenius our faithful new leader!!!!!!!! :D

I heard his press conference on WEEI around 10:30 this morning. As you would expect Mangini said all the right things, but it definitely sounded like it came from the heart.

Listen, I may be in the minority here, but I think the Jets are going to rue the day they let Eric go.

BTW, watching "King of Queens" will not be the same with Mangini now in Cleveland. :D

IMO, Mangenius looks a lot like Kevin James.

Just listened to the Mangini press conference. Mangini said he's sticking to the 3-4 defense. I guess we will not be drafting a RB this year and instead should target a stud LB in the upcoming draft.

Hello Ray Maualuga (ILB from USC)!!!!

Mayaluga is 260lbs. Think Ray Lewis/AJ Hawk with more athletic ability. He is powerful, fast, quick, can cover the pass & blow up the pocket in blitz packages. I would love to see this guy in Brown and Orange next year!

Don't forget that Mangini will have more talent to operate with in Cleveland.

Winslow, Edwards, Anderson/Quinn, Lewis, Cribbs > Favre, Washington, Coles
Don't forget that those guys on the left have never accomplished anything. I would take Coles anyday.

Where exactly do the Browns pick in the 2009 draft?
Round One
1. Detroit (0-16)
2. St. Louis (2-14)
3. Kansas City (2-14)
4. Seattle (4-12)
5. Cleveland (4-12)
6. Cincinnati (4-11-1)
7. Oakland (5-11)
8. Jacksonville (5-11)
9. Green Bay (6-10)
10. San Francisco (7-9)
11. Buffalo (7-9)
12. Denver (8-8)
13. Washington (8-8)
14. New Orleans (8-8)
15. Houston (8-8)

Just listened to the Mangini press conference. Mangini said he's sticking to the 3-4 defense. I guess we will not be drafting a RB this year and instead should target a stud LB in the upcoming draft.

Hello Ray Maualuga (ILB from USC)!!!!

Mayaluga is 260lbs. Think Ray Lewis/AJ Hawk with more athletic ability. He is powerful, fast, quick, can cover the pass & blow up the pocket in blitz packages. I would love to see this guy in Brown and Orange next year!

And I second that!!! :up:up

Browns finalize hiring of coordinators Ryan, Daboll and assistant head coach Seely

CLEVELAND --- Browns new coach Eric Mangini is doing his best to bring some of that New England Super Bowl magic to Cleveland.

Mangini announced the hiring of his three coordinators Wednesday, all of whom shared his Super Bowl connection with the Patriots.

He named former Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan to run the defense, former Jets quarterbacks coach Brian Daboll as his offensive coordinator and former Patriots special teams coach Brad Seely as his assistant head coach/special teams coordinator.

All three were with Mangini on Bill Belichick's Super Bowl staffs in New England, and their careers overlapped from 2000 to 2003.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)