BSC621 on DSR920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

izthebye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2007
Just bought a BSC621 for my DSR920 and 10 ft Paraclipse BUD. I'm wondering what LNB's to select in the setup on the receiver? Also, does the BSC621 work with analog C-band? (I still watch some analog channels......)

How is H/V switching accomplished on C-band with this LNB and the does the DSR920 look after this? As I've used dual C-band LNB's for years, this setup is new to me, but I did want Ku in order to get X4.

Thanks in advance!

Go to "Options" "6" "4" "2" and on #2 LNB Type: go left or right arrow until you see C-Band and Ku-Band LNBFs". Then leave it there and back out. This setting will allow for 13v-18v switching for your polarity.
You will still be able to see analog channels. Also remember to use separate cables for the C side and the ku side of the LNBF, as the 920 can't handle switches (such as diseqc switches), so the lines will have to be dedicated to each side. Good Luck!

Al

Al, I am confused by this and I asked you a little about this at the other forum. I understand what you are saying but I have read in a few other posts that the BSC621 has an internal switch that handles polarity. Is this something you are actually doing and have found to work for you ? I am planning on the same project and have a BSC621 on the way from Pete. I would like to avoid running an extra cable if possible but if this is the way it has to be I will do it. I think Iceberg runs another coax also.

The BSC621 has an internal switch, but you can bypass it by simply connecting a wire to each of the outputs and not using the little jumper RG6 cable to connect the one lnbf output to the switch. The reason that you have to use two wires from the lnbf to the box is that the DSR920 does not have a way to control the diseqc/22k (depending on model of bsc) switching - it instead has two jacks on the back, 1 for C-band and 1 for KU.

John
I never got it to work with only one one coax ( i used two and it worked) , i know all the sites say it will work but i finally went over and the dsmi site does have a comparison chart for the bsc621 & bsc621-2 it says that you must use 2 coaxes ( for 4dtv)

compare bsc621 & bsc621-2

Yea I will do it that way if everyone here has found it to work well. That will be this weekends project.

The BSC621-2 won't work on a 4dtv for the ku side, even with separate cables for C and ku. It should work on the C side only. The ku side is Universal so it has a built in 22k switch and the 4dtv won't handle the switch, even with a separate cable. So, in my opinion, the BSC621-2 would be useless, because I require both C and ku bands for my pleasure. The BSC621 will work if you connect it up properly.

Al

On the BSC621-2 C-Band is Diseqc 1 and KU is Diseqc 2 if you only use one cable (this only works on DVB recievers and not 4DTV for reasons posted above) :)

Go to "Options" "6" "4" "2" and on #2 LNB Type: go left or right arrow until you see C-Band and Ku-Band LNBFs". Then leave it there and back out. This setting will allow for 13v-18v switching for your polarity.
You will still be able to see analog channels. Also remember to use separate cables for the C side and the ku side of the LNBF, as the 920 can't handle switches (such as diseqc switches), so the lines will have to be dedicated to each side. Good Luck!

Al

:) Thanks for this! Hooked it up last night and it works well on H & V, analog and digital, C & Ku. Fitted right in my Chaparral feedhorn which saved me a re-alignment. I did have to juggle a little bit with the 3 connectors. Dummy here thought the Ku was C and vice versa........duh!

It broke my heart to remove my dual California Amp LNB's and Chaparral plumbing though. That gear has served me for over 10 years with little or no trouble and it did work well on digital C-band. However, since the Sci-Fi channel just had to go to Ku, I did not have much choice or cash. I did try a used Co-rotor II but could not get it to work on Ku. I suspect corrosion in the mechanism as it was a well-used unit. The BSC621 seemed like a good compromise. I did notice a slight increase in noise in my analog signals (CNN & TNT). However....for 50 bucks....!!!!

:) Thanks for this! Hooked it up last night and it works well on H & V, analog and digital, C & Ku. Fitted right in my Chaparral feedhorn which saved me a re-alignment. I did have to juggle a little bit with the 3 connectors. Dummy here thought the Ku was C and vice versa........duh!!!!!
You're Welcome. I had a brain fart myself last night. I should say, starting last night. Before I went to bed, I was channel surfing and noticed on G1 that some of my channels wasn't coming in. So, I started going from sat to sat and it appeared like I was only getting one polarity. Probably because I was getting only one polarity. Anyway, it was late and I went to bed. When I got up this morning, I checked and still had only one polarity. Didn't have time to do anything yet so I decided to wait till later. After lunch, I started messing with it and couldn't figure it out? It sure was looking like my servo motor was bad or the wiring has broken somewhere? I couldn't find a break in the wiring, so I got another servo motor and tested it on another receiver and it was good to go. I went out to the dish with the servo motor and a screwdriver and a tall ladder, ready to make the change. As I was atop the ladder, for some odd reason, I remembered I had looked in the Menu's of the 920 when I was trying to explain something, to make sure I had my bearings correct. Well I came down the ladder and looked in the Menu's and found I had left the settings on "C-Band and Ku-Band LNBF's". Well I need it to be "C-Band and Ku-Band LNB's", so I put it back like it should be. And, Woo Hoo, I got both polarities again!

Al

I just want to make sure I can use this. I have a 4DTV 920 receiver, and currently have a dual LNB in my 10ft dish. It's been YEARS since I've changed my system, and I'm no longer getting any KU band channels. Before, they would come in, but real low quality wise. All I'd have to do though was mess around with it a little, and they'd come in. Well, over the past week, I'm no longer getting anything on the KU band side, the C side still seems to work fine, but I see more noise than usual.

So the degree on the KU side is .3 right? Which is the highest? What is it on the C band side?

Basically, I need a new dual LNB (highest or best quality noise wise) for my system and was wondering if this would work fine on my system and in my feedhorn.

Also, what's the difference between the BSC621 C / KU Band LNBF and the BSC621-2 C / KU Band LNBF? Would they both work for my system?

Thanks

My bad. I should have seen that.

So the regular one will work fine for me on my system?

The two differences that it shows in the DMS site.Is that showing the conection for C band using the receiver part or is it using the c band itself part?Im wanting to conect my DSR922 up with slaveing the Pansat i hope and with the HDD200.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)