C Band 6 Foot

Status
Please reply by conversation.
MikeI said:
My dish sits on a pallet loosely. I just move it around the pallet and try not to block the G11 ku dish. I don't have it mounted on the pallet, but I have a bag of sand should a wind storm come to weigh it down, but here in So Cal, that's rare compared to winds in Phoenix I used to see. I haven't weighed it down in the 3 1/2 months I've had it. It's easy to move as long as you have a TV nearby to see the feeds on the other birds. I look for analog on G11, IA 6 and G4, digital on AMC 1 and G3 if Geraldo isn't on.

That's probably what I'll do since I will almost certainly be moving 500 feet up the road to my own property at some point. My mother owns the land where I live now and she doesn't care much for these dish projects so a dish with no pole would be preferable to her I am sure.

I bought a 5 inch black and white TV when I got into FTA-very handy and you can move it around easily.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
I see you have three dishes on a pallet. I asume one is a dedicated FTA dish-what are the others for?

Really just for playing with, testing and compairing LNB's...

The inverted 18" dish is pointing at 101ºw and the inverted GlobeCast dish has no LNB mounted right now, I will be using this one for going moblie.

The inverted PrimeStar 40" is pointing at Pas 9 (Universal LNBF) but can hit any satellite in the arc by moving east or west as its set at a 45º angle (My lat.)

Ordered the BSC-421 from PSB. Now to find some stuff to sell so I can buy the dish! BTW, I have a Twinhan 102G in the classifieds if anyone is interested. :)

Any thoughts on whether a 6 foot dish is big enough to pull in 4DTV maps off G0 (G10R)? And for that matter (although I'm probably hijacking this thread), would a 6-foot dish be big enough to subscribe to 4DTV programming on just X4 ?

kymics said:
Any thoughts on whether a 6 foot dish is big enough to pull in 4DTV maps off G0 (G10R)? And for that matter (although I'm probably hijacking this thread), would a 6-foot dish be big enough to subscribe to 4DTV programming on just X4 ?

Interested in knowing that too!

no. Most LNB's have holes on the scaler rings to match it up (plus thast holder doesn't fit most C-band LNB's)

I just bolted my C-Band LNB to it and it worked fine

Here's my picture of the LNB (ASC421). The arms just bolt to it

Attachments

• IM000759.JPG
    IM000759.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IM000760.JPG
    IM000760.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 141
kymics said:

Anybody know this?

NPS will take you to G1 (G15) C-band to do this and authorize your programming. Netlink used to use G10, but switched back to G1 before I left them. There are other providers out there, can't speak on them, don't know. I think I saw a ku digital package on someone's site, maybe that's the one to inquire about. Surely one would think if it's ku only, it can be ku authorized? But, I just don't know?

Al

Ordered the Fortec dish today! Feeling a combination of elation and fear (of the installation)!

:) :eek:

Also fear of poverty which I am now experiencing!

the good thing is the shipping won't kill you because the dish is in pieces :)

it was like 40 bucks to ship it to MN...30" dish cost me 35 to ship

The bad thing is I have to put the pieces together. I don't have your skills Iceberg! Oh well, it will be an experience like installing my FTA motorized system was-and I managed to do that by myself! :)

its real easy to do. I looked at the picture and matched up with what I had. Its pretty easy

Biggest part is getting the dish attached to the brackets..

I have been putting off asking this, but I can't figure it out so:

I currently have a Winegard 2076 with a Invacom LNB and a Dish Network LNB on a homemade bracket for regular KU DVB. I have a Diseqc switch that the LNBs go into with the Invacom on 1 and the other on 2. I am getting the BSC-421 LNB for C Band and an analog receiver-I may borrow a Uniden for right now. I have a Fortec for DVB.

Question: Is there any way to connect all of this so I can get C Band analog and digital and KU analog and digital? I know I can slave the analog, but I just wonder if these is a solution where I will have everything "live" with both polarities whenever I want it.

While I am at it-if I do slave an analog to the Fortec, do I still need to run seperate video/audio cables to my TV? Dumb question, but I don't know the answer. :eek:

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts