C Band 6 Foot

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Question: Is there any way to connect all of this so I can get C Band analog and digital and KU analog and digital? I know I can slave the analog, but I just wonder if these is a solution where I will have everything "live" with both polarities whenever I want it.
I don’t understand what you are asking, but slaving the analog to the Fortec is the easiest and will give you everything at a touch of a button. Could you view a C-band analog on the Analog unit and watch G10 KU on Fortec at the same time? No
Can you view a C-band analog frequency and a digital C-band at the same time? Yes

The problem with the LNBF’s is the older analog units will only see H polarity if a DVB box isn’t controlling polarity. The LNB's with a polorotor (the 3 wires) you could use an analog separate because it controlled polarity

While I am at it-if I do slave an analog to the Fortec, do I still need to run seperate video/audio cables to my TV? Dumb question, but I don't know the answer
No dumb questions (well, there is one and we all know what that is) :D

Yes you would. As an example, I have the C-band hooked to the RF input of a VCR and the Coolsat to the A/V cables of same VCR

If you use coax, you could loop them out (from Fortec out to analog in and analog out to TV)

Ok, so I need to run a line from my new C Band LNB to my current switch. Then I would have to setup that as "3" and program a new C Band satellite for each bird I want to view-I would have IA6 KU and IA6 C as seperate sats on my Fortec? Let me know if that is right. :) I will have to check my connections-I am getting low on inputs!

Next question: On the Uniden (looking at the manual) it looks like there is a seperate verticle and horizontal coax connection-which one would I come out of to the Fortec?

Yes you would need separate satellite inputs because the LNB LO is 5150 for C-band

In my Pansat setup I have examples like
IA5KU & IA5C
G3C and G3CC (which looks funny)
G11C and G11KU

Each C-band satellite is different than the KU

As for the input on the analog, some have C/KU or V H depending on the setup of the LNB’s. I know my Uniden had both and there is a menu setting to switch it from V/H to C/KU

As for how to hook that part up, I was only working with KU at the time

Iceberg said:
Could you view a C-band analog on the Analog unit and watch G10 KU on Fortec at the same time? No
Tony that's not necessarally true. I have a 4dtv, and I can watch Showtime (C-band) on the 4dtv and watch practically anything worth watching on G10 ku with my DVB receiver. But, I have to watch the same polarity as the 4dtv. Just so happens, Showtime is vertical and most ku is vertical on G10, so it works out. This is how I'm hooked up:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm
It doesn't matter if I'm on C-band, the ku-band is still there, and it's got a separate signal, since it's not actually slaved through the 4dtv. But. you still only get whatever the polarity is for the 4dtv. The only problem will be when the C-band and ku-band are too far off from each other and you have to have separate saved positions to get both. But, when they are the same, or close enough, like on G10, it's works well. Now, a good example on being off, would be G4 (X4). It don't work on this satellite, it's almost like the c and ku drift apart and back together, from time to time.

Al

voomvoom said:

That is what I was trying to get at, but couldn't explain myself. If I slave off my Fortec, won't the Uniden only do one polarity or the other since there are seperate connections for H & V? Should I do it like the diagram you have here except that the "existing receiver" in my case would be the Fortec? In that case, I would need two HF splitters.

Tracy
either way, you are still limited to one polarity.
I think the issue here is the analog box will not change polarity on the LNBF. The older LNB with the 3 wires can but not the BSC621 or the BSC421/ASC421. Those are DVB driven for polarity

So in the above by splitting the lines/etc, you could have G10 KU on the DVB and G4 analog C-band but the analog would be H only.

Tracy, one of the receivers will have to be the master, the other the slave. The master will controll polarity, and the slave will have to accept whatever the master is on. If you use an lnb with a servo motor (polarotor), the analog receiver will have to be the master (at least for controlling polarity). If you use an lnbf, the Fortec will be best as the master, and you'll probably have to use it anyway. Don't know if the Uniden can controll the switching for an lnbf. If all you are doing is (mainly) using the Uniden to drive an actuator, then I would suggest to slave the Uniden straight from the Fortec. On the other hand, if you want to be able to get the most out of your equipment, I would use this diagram and be sure to use high gain splitters with one port passthrough, and be sure to place that passthrough with whichever receiver you decide to use as your master. Also, if you use this diagram, you will need two splitters, only if you are doing both C and ku. And, remember you can't use a diseqc switch with the Uniden.

Al

Al & Iceberg,

Just so you know my situation, I will be using a stationary C Band dish with the BSC-421 LNB-no motor on the C Band for now. I will be using a seperate dish for FTA (KU-DVB) with a motor. I would like to be able to get C & KU analog and digital signals-I don't need to watch more than one at a time. I just want to be able to make the most of the system and see whatever analog is left out there-both C & KU.

It sounds like slaving the Uniden off the Fortec could be the best way to go. I am not sure if running the splitters and extra lines really does anything for me. If I do slave, does it matter which coax connector I go into on the Uniden (there are two marked C/H & K/V)? This is still a point I am confused on. Also, I heard it is easier to aim analog so I had planned to take a tv and the Uniden out into the yard to aim with. Again wondering which connector to use and would I be stuck on that polarity while aiming?

Thanks for all your help! :up

Last edited:
W_Tracy_Parnell said:
It sounds like slaving the Uniden off the Fortec could be the best way to go. I am not sure if running the splitters and extra lines really does anything for me. If I do slave, does it matter which coax connector I go into on the Uniden (there are two marked C/H & K/V)? This is still a point I am confused on. Also, I heard it is easier to aim analog so I had planned to take a tv and the Uniden out into the yard to aim with. Again wondering which connector to use and would I be stuck on that polarity while aiming?

Thanks for all your help! :up

Tracy
In the Uniden there is an option to select EITHER C/KU or V/H. Select C/KU. My Toshiba does the same thing

Lets say you are going to aim for G4. 2 ways you can do it.

Hook the cable from the LNBF to the "C" input of the analog box. Select channel 15 (which is H polarity) and aim dish
or
Hook cable from LNBF to DVB box. Loop out to analog. Set up DVB box for a H transponder then aim dish.

The only difference is you can aim for analog then fine tune for digital without having to unhook cables a couple times :)

Iceberg said:
Tracy
In the Uniden there is an option to select EITHER C/KU or V/H. Select C/KU. My Toshiba does the same thing

Lets say you are going to aim for G4. 2 ways you can do it.

Hook the cable from the LNBF to the "C" input of the analog box. Select channel 15 (which is H polarity) and aim dish
or
Hook cable from LNBF to DVB box. Loop out to analog. Set up DVB box for a H transponder then aim dish.

The only difference is you can aim for analog then fine tune for digital without having to unhook cables a couple times :)

Thanks-that is what I was unclear on. I'll probably take the analog out in the yard first since that is easy to aim until I know what I am doing. My receiver source is susposed to call tonight so I can pick it up. Price is right too-free! :D

Just so I understand (sorry for all the questions) :)

If I slave the Uniden off the Fortec I will be stuck on one polarity with C Band analog no matter what because of the LNB I am using. But I would be able to get either polarity on C Band digital and KU analog?

Tracy, regardless of how you do it, the master receiver will control polarity, unless you have a dual output lnb/lnbf. I'm pretty sure the BSC421 isn't a dual lnbf. So, if the Fortec is the master, it's polarity is what will be on the Uniden. The master will get either and the slave will only get what the master use's.

Al

Al,

It's a single output LNB. Hope you're right and I can get both polariities on analog!

I am now the proud owner of a Uniden 4400 Super! The price was right too! Can't wait until the dish arrives! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)