C Band 6 Foot

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If only AMC 9 still had that test card!

More questons :eek:

I have it setup right now with the Fortec as master, line from the loop out to the Uniden C/H jack. The display on the Uniden reads G5 15 C/H. When I go into the Fortec menu and select a verticle TP shouldn't the display on the Uniden change to V polarity (it doesn't).

If I want to scan SBS 6 and AMC 9 for feeds do I need to change bands to KU on the Uniden? Do I also need to change the coax cable to the KU/V jack?

Last edited:
W_Tracy_Parnell said:
If only AMC 9 still had that test card!
I think AMC2 does.

More questons :eek:

I have it setup right now with the Forrtec as master, line from the loop out to the Uniden C/H jack. The display on the Uniden reads G5 15 C/H. When I go into the Fortec menu and select a verticle TP shouldn't the display on the Uniden change to V polarity (it doesn't).
no it won't. If you change channels it should :)
The only time the polarity light is irrelevant is if you were using a LNB with the 3 wires to change polarity

If I want to scan SBS 6 and AMC 9 for feeds do I need to change bands to KU on the Uniden? Do I also need to change the coax cable to the V jack?
yes and no.

Change to KU. SBS6 has different frequencies than AMC9 so there might be an option in the manus to change to SBS6. My Toshiba does.

for KU, yes change it to the V side.

Iceberg said:
I think AMC2 does.

no it won't. If you change channels it should :)
The only time the polarity light is irrelevant is if you were using a LNB with the 3 wires to change polarity

yes and no.

Change to KU. SBS6 has different frequencies than AMC9 so there might be an option in the manus to change to SBS6. My Toshiba does.

for KU, yes change it to the V side.

So if I want to try for the AMC 2 test card what should I do? :eek: That bird didn't exist when this thing (Uniden) was operating. :)

just checked and yes its there

AMC2 TP 6 H polarity
very fuzzy picture here in MN

Hook the loop out to the KU side of the analog receiver

select a KU satellite (honestly any of them BUT SBS6 will work)
move dish to AMC2 on DVB box. Make sure to have a H transponder selected
tune analog to Channel 6 and it should be there

Its at 11820 H (the test card on analog)

otherwise, I just checked and SBS6 TP 3 H polarity is live right now...dont know how long but its live right now

Thanks for the help-no luck yet. I'm only getting about a 25% on the AMC 2 test card. I think I need to read the Uniden manual to make sure I am on a KU sat. I changed it into KU mode, but I haven't been able to confirm I am on a KU sat or any are programmed into the receiver.

Off to read some more!

Can't figure out if I am on a KU sat or if I have to be!

I go into the Uniden main menu and hit "7" to switch to KU band. Can't find anything on AMC 9, SBS 6, AMC 2 or AMC 6. When I hit the "Call" button on the Uniden and select a satellite (at random-all the names are different) it always changes back to C mode. Also when I hit "Call" at the top of the list it says "C Satellite Call" which makes me think I am not on the KU sat list and don't know how to get there.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
AMC has old names in the setup menus. I use to have a Uniden Supra but that is long gone :(
My Toshiba I have Galaxy 7 & SBS6 stored

SBS6 for, DUH!
Galaxy 7 for the rest

I remember my Uniden had a menu option to set up what type of LNB's you had and the default was C-Band single KU Band OFF...need to change that KU to Single before starting.

My Uniden 4200 is a single satellite only so I dont have the fancy menus.

Tracy

What kind of Uniden is it?

www.satellitehelp.com is a good site for older C-Band receivers and might help you find easier ways to program it in.

I always remember something like menu 7 (install) master password of 3-5-7-3 and then setting up a satellite so when you hit the satellite list, you have the satellites you set up :)

Tracy, if I was you, I would get a high gain splitter and split the coax from the loop-out and hook both the C and ku on the Uniden up and see if it will work like that. I think it will, and I see no reason for it not to. That way you won't have to switch the coax back and forth on the back of the Uniden, when you're watching analog C or ku. Just a thought and it might not work.

Al

Edit: also, I would be interested to know if it will pick up the other band from whichever you have tuned in on the Fortec. I know it would if you wired it as in the diagram I showed you in the earlier post, but if you do it like this, I think it will only get the band the Fortec is on, just like it will only get the polarity. But, if the loop-out is a passthrough (and I think it is), it should work.

Last edited:
Thanks Al-I wondered about that too. I might have a splitter around-if I do I'll try it.

Well, a qualified success! Got the AMC 2 test card. The hitch is I got it while in "KU" mode with no sat selected but on channel 18 on the Uniden display! Anyone know why?

Attachments

• DSC_2829-2.jpg
    DSC_2829-2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
voomvoom said:
Edit: also, I would be interested to know if it will pick up the other band from whichever you have tuned in on the Fortec. I know it would if you wired it as in the diagram I showed you in the earlier post, but if you do it like this, I think it will only get the band the Fortec is on, just like it will only get the polarity. But, if the loop-out is a passthrough (and I think it is), it should work.

I can only get KU band right now-I don't have the C Band dish yet. I am just running out of my KU FTA setup to the fortec with the Uniden slaved off that. I plan to do extensive testing to get this all figured out sooner or later. Right now, all I have picked up is the test card from AMC 2. There doesn't seem to be alot of KU analog or I don't have it setup right.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Thanks Al-I wondered about that too. I might have a splitter around-if I do I'll try it.

Well, a qualified success! Got the AMC 2 test card. The hitch is I got it while in "KU" mode with no sat selected but on channel 18 on the Uniden display! Anyone know why?

cool (just as fuzzy as mine) :)

I think once you get a satellite setup and the frequencies put in, everything will fall into place. There are frequencies in there but sometimes they can be off. Using my Supra as an example, the frequency was off by a lot so Channel 8 as an example was at 19

Iceberg said:
cool (just as fuzzy as mine) :)

I think once you get a satellite setup and the frequencies put in, everything will fall into place. There are frequencies in there but sometimes they can be off. Using my Supra as an example, the frequency was off by a lot so Channel 8 as an example was at 19

A couple of issues. I finally have a KU sat progranmmed in now (I was right-there were none for whatever reason). I just used the first one in the list (A1) since none of them sound familiar at all. Now the AMC 2 card is on channel 17. Am I going to be able to tune KU this way? I don't see anythng about changing frequencies in the menu. The TPs go from 1 to 32.

Also, on the C Band side I can only get G5 to come up. There are a bunch of C Band sats in there, but if you choose one it says "moving positioner" and then says "error" and goes back to G5 which is appanently the default bird. Is this going to be an issue or will all the C Band sats work on G5?

Thanks

they'll all work fine at G5 (because the Digital box controls polarity)

Mine says "G4" and I move the dish all the time to other satellites :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts