Canceled MLB EI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had it last year on PS3, I thought it was great, just takes getting used to that if you cant channel surf for other regular programming. Other then that I thought it was good

For those claiming that MLB.TV on the PS3 has a crappy PQ, watch this: YouTube - mlb.tv on the ps3 review
(Make sure you select 720p in the YouTube window)
PQ looks pretty damn good too me

I would love to see DirecTV EI come close to matching these features, even if their PQ is SLIGHTLY better

I've had both MLB EI and MLB.TV on the PS3. The PQ with EI is leaps and bounds better than MLB.TV. EI is true HD while MLB.TV comes across as HD Lite IMO.

Sorry SatJ...not good enough. Hey, I get it, great deal! But I want excellent PQ and (spoiled) won't settle for anything less. Looks fairly good on my 25 inch monitor for the PC but that willnot cut it on the 110 Projector. So yes for my kids that are away at college I will get both but I am certain that I will be watching my EI feeds from D* at home.

I have to admit that was pretty impressive. Makes me want a PS3 and MLB TV......LOL

Plenty of reasons to have a PS3, just not sure that is one of them. I really thought that the quality of the clip was just ok...I don't know, I just remember seeing some
of those games on YES, I want spectacular! I'm just happy we are talking a bit of BASEBALL! By the way, looking forward to "MLB The Show" for this year, heard they really tweaked it. THe pitching was just tooooo good over the last couple of years.

FlyingJ said:
Plenty of reasons to have a PS3, just not sure that is one of them. I really thought that the quality of the clip was just ok...I don't know, I just remember seeing some
of those games on YES, I want spectacular!

Probably a matter of opinion though.

Probably a matter of opinion though.

Yes, ummm....maybe, kind of....no not really. Great is great and pretty good, not bad for the price is just that. If the opinion is that the pic quality on the MLB.com through the PS3 is fantastic, that is one weak opinion. Once again, I'm in just not making myself believe it is as good...cause it aint

FlyingJ said:
Yes, ummm....maybe, kind of....no not really. Great is great and pretty good, not bad for the price is just that. If the opinion is that the pic quality on the MLB.com through the PS3 is fantastic, that is one weak opinion. Once again, I'm in just not making myself believe it is as good...cause it aint

Not really sure what you just said but no, you are wrong just because his opinion is yours means nothing. I don't think he said it was better than anything. He said it looks pretty good and makes him want it. It looks as though you are saying that your opinion is the only one that counts. I could be wrong, and probably am, oh well. Anyway I guess we shouldn't buy it because you said it ain't worth it. Maybe it's worth it to not. Have to deal with directv anymore. Maybe people don't have directv. Who knows. I know I will be checking it out and will form my own opinion, just as you have.

FlyingJ said:

Oh left one out. Maybe my connection is better than yours and it looks great? W will soon see ay?

of those games on YES, I want spectacular! I'm just happy we are talking a bit of BASEBALL! By the way, looking forward to "MLB The Show" for this year, heard they really tweaked it. THe pitching was just tooooo good over the last couple of years.
OK? It was pretty good. Why was it OK? There was no pixelation; no motion blur; the clarity was good. What did you see that made it just OK?

First off DetFan, you have me wrong. I wasn't saying if it was worth it or not, I was saying that it indeed lacked in PQ compared to EI on D*. Also remember, I am one of those that purchaces both. So I am not saying it is not worth it at all. Also, we were talking about the clip that was posted. I don't care who has the better connection. The clip played perfectly, yours would not be anybetter than mine or anyone elses if the clip played without a glitch. It is not the connection speed that I am concerned with, mine is plenty high...my concern is how good the pq can be at the source, just like on D*, everyone always talks about their PQ on this satco or that cable company, sometimes the source is what counts. The best on the MLB.com just isn't as good as the best on EI on D* fact not opinion, Dodger would not argue that with me, as a matter of fact I have found over the years that I agree with Dodger on just about everything (except the Freakin Dodgers!),

Don't confuse opinion and fact my man!

Dodger- yes, pretty good I agree, no pixelation, no motion blur, the clarity was good, oh, that's it...the clarity was good, not exceptional!

Yep. EI on Direct does have better PQ than MLB.TV on a PS3.

For me, MLB.TV for $100 on my PS3 with a worse PQ is better than $200 for EI on DirecTV with a better PQ. I also get the added bonus of being able to watch baseball on more than one source in more than one area; with EI on Direct I can only watch it at home on my own TVs or at my other place in Mammoth.

BTW, does anyway know when the 2011 MLB.TV subscription will become available?

Its usually available in mid march. I have had both EI and mlb.tv over the past few years and it's definitely better with EI. I have a slingbox so I can get it mobile as well though. it's a pain hooking up you rcomputer whenever you want to watch a game and it takes its toll on the computer as well.

also, with the mlb channel now it kind of makes both worthless as they follow every game with look-ins every night anyhow.

Tried MLB.tv last year and sorry Dodger, but man, I didn't think the quality was anywhere near that of the D* package. On my PS3 or any other way. Also in your post earllier, I know it was just a mistake but you mentioned $80 less per month for the MLB.tv compared to the D* package when of course it is $80 less for the season. I also will probably try it again this year but I will also stick with Extra Innings, even at $200 in my opinion a great bargain. I drop twice that going with my family of 5 to one Phils game.

Spot on take. I have both the MLBEI package through DirecTV and MLB TV that can be viewed through my PC,Roku, and PS3.

Both packages have their respective plusses and minuses. That said though the PQ of any of the MLBTV providers including PS3 are not remotely close in Quality to the EI Picture.

Not trying to dissuade anyone but just wanted to let people considering it that the MLBTV PQ no matter the provider of Choice will fall far short of the EI Picture Quality.

Hey Everyone,
I was considering dropping EI for MLB.TV, so I called up DirecTV and asked to see if there was something they could do for me. I told him that I was going to cancel and move over to MLB.TV because of the price.

At first he told me that he would see "what he could do" and offered 5 bucks off per month for 6 months. (off the early renewal price). I sat there, paused, and said "Is there anything better?" that wouldn't save me that much. Then he came back for 10 bucks off per month for 6 months.

Bringing the grand total to 149.99.

I know it's still more then MLB.TV, but with the PQ better (IMO), I'll stick with Directv.

Hope this helps someone!

- Chase

Just watched Halladay's NLDS no hitter against the Reds on MLB.TV through my PS3. Here is my take:

On a 42 inch TV on my PS3, it is HD. DirecTV IS better, but not that much better. The main difference in PQ occurs when the camera moves fast. When the camera pans around, you get some pixelation and motion blur (I would get that with Direct on occasion as well). The PQ on still images is just as good with just a slight edge to DirecTV.

With that said, a larger TV may show an even bigger difference

As far as the computer goes, once I downloaded NexDef, that improved the PQ greatly. On a 19 inch monitor, the PQ is pretty damn good. Not as good as DireTV2PC, but just as good as most other high bandwidth streaming.

I took a picture of my TV with my camera phone. The PQ is better than what comes on the camera, and I took the picture just as they were switching frames from what you see to a close up of Halladay (which is why you see a ghost image of his face). Without the overlayed image, it would look even better

IMG_0680.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts