Canceled MLB EI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any way with NexDef to "schedule" a game to come on? That's what I would miss most about MLB EI. I can set up the game to record at 7:30, start watching at 8:30 and fast foward thru all the dead spots and commercials.

Hey Everyone,
I was considering dropping EI for MLB.TV, so I called up DirecTV and asked to see if there was something they could do for me. I told him that I was going to cancel and move over to MLB.TV because of the price.

At first he told me that he would see "what he could do" and offered 5 bucks off per month for 6 months. (off the early renewal price). I sat there, paused, and said "Is there anything better?" that wouldn't save me that much. Then he came back for 10 bucks off per month for 6 months.

Bringing the grand total to 149.99.

I know it's still more then MLB.TV, but with the PQ better (IMO), I'll stick with Directv.

Hope this helps someone!

- Chase

I called last night and got the same deal. I was pretty satisfied with it. But, like you I had to ask because they definitely didn't jump to offer a discount up front....LOL

To get a consistent clear picture with no interruptions on your PS3, set up a DMZ and static IP. I kept getting firewall disruptions and this seemed to help a lot

To get a consistent clear picture with no interruptions on your PS3, set up a DMZ and static IP. I kept getting firewall disruptions and this seemed to help a lot

Does your router support UPnP and is it turned on? That might be a better option as DMZ will send all incoming traffic to the PS3.

As for me, I'll try to stick with the Directv MLB-EI and my Slingbox for mobile. With most every game in HD anymore I just love the PQ and convience. Will call about pricing closer to the start of the season.

Good to know. What is it that you are watching?
The world series. The picture would come in crisp, then it would get blurry and pixelated, with several pauses. Once I set up a DMZ, I have yet to have a single PQ issue or pause issue. It is probably more my provider than anything.

Does your router support UPnP and is it turned on? That might be a better option as DMZ will send all incoming traffic to the PS3.

As for me, I'll try to stick with the Directv MLB-EI and my Slingbox for mobile. With most every game in HD anymore I just love the PQ and convience. Will call about pricing closer to the start of the season.
That is fine with me as it is the PS3 that will become my main streaming device. So far all of my other products are still running well.

Yes, it does support UPnP; it is on and I have always had it on. I have a Netgear WNR3500v2

Last edited:
The season hasn't even started yet and I am already enjoying MLB.TV more than EI. I can watch any game and any point in the game on just about any device when I want. And the PQ is pretty good and it IS HD

Here are a couple of camera shots of a game through my PS3. Does anyone else dare to say the PQ stinks?

Attachments

• IMG_0791.JPG
    IMG_0791.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0792.JPG
    IMG_0792.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 153
It doesn't stink, it's just that EI is better.
I agree, but the difference is not that great, at least on my PS3, with my setup, and my ISP.

Here are some fast moving shots I took with my camera of my TV broadcasting MLB.TV via my PS3

MLB2.JPGMLB.JPG

I called in today and was going to cancel and try mlb tv through my roku but direct matched there price. He was like if we can match will you renew with us and I was like sure. I rather be able to watch on any of my tvs vs having to move the roku from tv to tv. They were very helpful and it was easy as pie.

I called in today and was going to cancel and try mlb tv through my roku but direct matched there price. He was like if we can match will you renew with us and I was like sure. I rather be able to watch on any of my tvs vs having to move the roku from tv to tv. They were very helpful and it was easy as pie.
I really love EI and still do. I just do not want to pay for both services. I will miss the mix channel.

They offered me $140 for thew while package. I ended up paying $120 for MLB.TV. I still canceled because I wanted to try something else and I have many more viewing options now.

It is good to see that they gave you a deal that made you happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)