Cartoon Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for the input, yeah, thats a bummer. I wonder if HBO/max and Showtime/TMC/FLIX will hold out till the analog deadline of 2/09 Won't matter i guess, as by then i'll have 4dtv and all, but it makes me sad these pretty VC II boxes won't be of much use. They are kinda cool looking, and im not a rearview mirror ornament kinda person, but they'd be too big for that :) too big for paper weights too :( Was a nice technology while it lasted. (pretty darn long, but short lived in my household)

that's crazy. back in the day it was all analog now everythings going to digital and kicking analog to the back... sad

can those FTA recievers pick up mpeg4? sorry demonlord, bum steer from me about the analog, makes me feel better though.

You know what's crazy, a few years ago when DBS started providing locals, everyone took there old antenna off the house because it was tacky, and now guess what? We have mostly put them right back up for OTA HD, which is still hardly not added to Dish or Direct, only select big cities available w/ no subchannels or CW/MYTV/PBS, so maybe one day we can all go back to the big dish and forget about DBS.....I just hate to see a good thing go, the PQ is too good, and as usual maybe history will repeat itself and the BUD will return.....(ok I'm just dreaming this one up!)

I would hope it would/will happen when the digital transition comes and a lot of people will upgrade to a flat screen and see the actual crappiness of the little dishes. Its just that no one wants a big dish in there yard anymore, because America is tricked into thinking they have the best with a small dish.

They all got Punk'd by the small dish pimps!

Big dish will get better for FTA as c-band disappears (I do not want to see that-but it could happen since some programmers will not let us TVRO folks have access to their signals even though they are compatible with 4DTV).

More and more feeds will be un-encrypted when more people abandon c-band.
That is my guess.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)