CBS Chief Leslie Moonves Addresses Upcoming Negotiations With Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
CBS chief executive Leslie Moonves says he is "open" to conversations with Dish Network's Charlie Ergen to resolve a dispute over the ad-skipping Hopper. "When Dish negotiations come up next year, something will have to be resolved," he said. "We will not allow them to have a service that takes out commercials."

hollywoodreporter.com

I believe CBS is still a few years away. But its good to see the different tone from Mel twards DISH... he was saying he was going to remove all CBS from DISH before the contract was done before. I do think they can work together IF THEY WANT TO.

CBS chief executive Leslie Moonves says he is "open" to conversations with Dish Network's Charlie Ergen to resolve a dispute over the ad-skipping Hopper. "When Dish negotiations come up next year, something will have to be resolved," he said. "We will not allow them to have a service that takes out commercials."

Since it DOESN'T take out commercials, Moonves is libeling Dish and/or demonstrating that he's insane. Throw him in jail and/or the nuthouse and let his company rot.

When it comes to money, they'll talk. And probably come to some agreement.

The networks know there is a limit. They squeeze more money, more people cut cords.

I really don't much care for Les Moonves and his you shall pay what I want attitude.Him and the rest of the broadcasters are eventually going to break the bank.Then either big brother will step in or the broadcasters can go out of business.

Anyone know what channels this would effect besides local owned CBS stations?

image-116623102.jpg

I think Dish has a choice. Either pay to have the ability to skip the commercials, or disable the hopper on the stations up for negotiation

Newsflash for Les Moonves, autohop or not I don't watch the commercials and most people with a DVR don't either.

I think CBS has a choice to make, make a deal or lose 14 million pairs of eyes.

And this isn't all local CBS stations, only the owned and operated ones. The current Disney and future CBS negotiations aren't likely to end Autohop, dish has successfully negotiated several local renewals since introducing Autohop (and there have been no reports of the feature going away as a result of negotiations with those broadcasters).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Honestly,I wouldn't give a plug nickel for all of the CBS owned channels.How many more shows can they make out of cis and ncis?Watched Under the Dome during the summer,can always catch it streaming later,it's not what I'd call must see tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts