Celtics/Pistons trade?

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
The Boston Celtics offered Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo to the Pistons for Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rodney Stuckey, according to a report.

The Pistons rejected the offer, according to Yahoo Sports, which attributed information of the trade offer to league sources.

This is a joke of an offer. We want a point guard, and Rondo certainly fills the bill for me. But all we had to do was give Boston our top three scorers? Joe Dumars is probably still laughing about this trade. One question. I can see Boston shopping Allen, he is getting up there in age, but Rondo? This guy is the next great PG in the NBA.

IMO, the Celtics should be thankful the trade never went down.

If they gave away Rondo after that great playoff for two guys getting older (and their skills are decreasing)- what a bad idea.

As for Stuckey- he's good, but the other two- not such a good mix.

I wonder if this turns into one of those Jay Cutler deals. Rondo must be thrilled that Danny Ainge is shopping him around like a used car.

Prince could fit in anywhere, and I for one would be pissed if they dealt him..He plays great D, and can be a scorer if need be. Rip, well I certainly wouldnt be pissed if they dealt him..Stuckey will be a very good 2 guard, the problem here is they want him to the 1 and that is just not gonna work.

As for the trade offer. Hahahahahaha

Prince could fit in anywhere, and I for one would be pissed if they dealt him..He plays great D, and can be a scorer if need be. Rip, well I certainly wouldnt be pissed if they dealt him..Stuckey will be a very good 2 guard, the problem here is they want him to the 1 and that is just not gonna work.

As for the trade offer. Hahahahahaha

Prince's days may be numbered here. I think Dumars is tired of waiting for him to be the scorer they want him to be. Scores 24 one night, scores 10 the next. They wanted him to be more aggressive towards scoring, and I for one believe he could average 20 per night if he wanted too.

I believe Dumars may be shopping everyone on this team. He has never been afraid of making changes. The next two seasons may be a little rough around here, while Dumars starts again building the next version of the "Beast of the East".

Jesus Shuttlesworth too. What's Ray Ray gonna think of this? Where's the loyalty Danny?!

Loyalty? It is in the enormous check these players cash every week.

I like Ainge being aggressive, not so sure I believe this trade offer though. Ainge saw the mistake the Celtics made with the "loyalty" shown to the other Big 3, it cost the Celtics years of less than mediocrity because of standing pat with those players.

I always thought asking him to score more while asking him to guard the other teams best player was BS anyway..Not to mention there were not enough stots to go around this past season with Iverson and Hamilton and Sheed..Please, that is a lame thing to do..

This would have been a bad trade for the Celtics I think.

This would have been a bad trade for the Celtics I think.

The Celtic's? What about the Piston's? Trade off our three best players for a promising PG and a soon to be washed up Ray Allen? We would have become the worst team in the NBA next season. What good is a great PG without anybody else who can score? Don't forget 'Sheed and McDyess are FA's, Kwame Brown can opt out. We just traded Amir Johnson. That leaves Afflalo and Bynum for the backcourt and Maxiell Johnson in the front court, and the hope that Dumars can land a FA, or make another trade for frontcourt help. Of course we wouldn't have anybody of value left to trade. Maybe he can trade that walking twig he drafted yesterday....

I don't know what the hell he did with that pick yesterday, but his magic has worn off with me. I know they need bigs, but Lawson was there and if you are gonna take a project, TAKE HIM..I just do not understand that pick.

I don't know what the hell he did with that pick yesterday, but his magic has worn off with me. I know they need bigs, but Lawson was there and if you are gonna take a project, TAKE HIM..I just do not understand that pick.

That's what I was thinking too. This kid is a skinnier version of Amir Johnson, or a taller version of Prince. I was hoping they were going to take Dujuan Blair. I know he's another Maxiell, but Maxiell is never going to be a starter. I liked Blair's strength and heart, and he's a great rebounder. San Antonio got the steal of the draft.

Then he send that Budinger kid off to Houston...I think he was a steal at that pick..Oh well, guess we are in for a long rebuild...UGH!!!!

Lawson's no project.

Then he send that Budinger kid off to Houston...I think he was a steal at that pick..Oh well, guess we are in for a long rebuild...UGH!!!!
You should be glad. Budinger stinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts