Channel Master 1.83 with AZ/EL mount conversion.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No, it is exactly 33°. If you measure from the horizon then angle will be 57° which is the latitude of my location. View attachment 146320
Sorry, analysis paralysis strikes me again!! The diagram makes it much clearer for me. My latitude is 26°, so my '33°' would be ~64°. Correct?

Attachments

• RM edit2b.png
    RM edit2b.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 160
This video helped me to get a better understanding of setting up a dish and polar mount. Some of the content is kind of dated but most of the instructions are current and easy to follow. You can skip ahead to get the mechanical bits, they start at around 34:18 and cover actuators, installing the dish and polar mount with an explanation of elevation and declination angles.

This video helped me to get a better understanding of setting up a dish and polar mount. Some of the content is kind of dated but most of the instructions are current and easy to follow. You can skip ahead to get the mechanical bits, they start at around 34:18 and cover actuators, installing the dish and polar mount with an explanation of elevation and declination angles.

Great old video! Good info as the basics are still pretty much the same. Even an appearance from Bob Cooper of Coop's Satellite Digest. Thanks for posting! :):thumbup

Reactions: cuda7670
Great old video! Good info as the basics are still pretty much the same. Even an appearance from Bob Cooper of Coop's Satellite Digest. Thanks for posting! :):thumbup
Further digging uncovered a post of a downloadable library of satellite dish instructions. Posted here in 2009 by a member called Davage. Although dated, their still valid instructions. In particular 'Tracking' by Shaun Kenny

Anybody heard from Coop recently? Talked to him about 5 years ago when I reconnected him to Robert Coleman Jr, but lost his contact. Hope he is still fine in kiwi land.

I've been sooo slow to post anything lately. We've been having rain almost everyday here. Its not so much the rain that keeps me out of my shed/shop, its the lightning, now thats deadly. I made one observation recently while ordering parts. I ordered some stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers. 3/8x16 11/4 inch to be exact. I needed 10 bolts, 10 nuts and 16 washers. At my two local big box stores (the Orange and Blue ones) the total price with tax was about $23.00 for the 36 items. I priced them online at https://www.boltdepot.com located in Mass. The total from them with shipping and tax is $14.23 and they ship same day. I just have to wait for the post office to deliver them. I also ordered some galvanized 1/2 inch bolts from Bolt Depot. BTW...I have no affiliation with Bolt Depot.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Using some ideas of RimaNTSS and a youtube video I got some work done on the mount for the 1.8 dish. I'm taking my time and trying to minimize wasting any time or metal. I'll post as I go along.

Attachments

• base1.JPG
    base1.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 187
  • C channel.JPG
    C channel.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Elev.1 copy.JPG
    Elev.1 copy.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Elev.2copy.JPG
    Elev.2copy.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 192
Citam ranija desavanja oko instalacije motorizovanja antene 1,8 met.
Pa me zanima sta se desava,jel projekat zavrsen.
I ja sam u planu motorizovati 1,8 met.channel master antenu pa trazim zanimljiva rjesenja