Charles We Want Espn2hd!!!

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Man the Cowboys play tonight on ESPN2 but no HD!! Dang come on Dish get with it add ESPN2HD to the HD Pack!!! :(

For anyone who is an NHRA fan (including myself), ESPNHD2 is a must!
At a minimum, Charlie should have it just to keep up with D*

GRG said:
For anyone who is an NHRA fan (including myself), ESPNHD2 is a must!
At a minimum, Charlie should have it just to keep up with D*

Technically directv has to catch up with dish. As of today dish offers the most HD of any carrier. By the end of the year when the offer all 21 voom channels they will have an enormous lead

juan said:
Yes we need another quazi hd channel that shows 3 maybe 4 hours of hd a week

Yes we do need another channel making the transition to HD. It will not be like a light switch is thrown. Be realistic about it and embrace those making the effort.

I would like to have it too.

And since they aren't transmitting all that much in true HD, it should be relatively easy to find the bandwidth for it.

Of course, I'd love to have another HD movie channel or two. I had expected both D* and E* to be carrying more national HD channels by this point in time.

liquidnw said:
Technically directv has to catch up with dish. As of today dish offers the most HD of any carrier. By the end of the year when the offer all 21 voom channels they will have an enormous lead

Only if you are counting quantity over quality. I'll take ESPN2-HD, Universal-HD, ABC-HD, NBC-HD, FOX-HD, and NFLST-HD, over all of VOOM.

well if you're talking about picture quality dish has them beat there as well :)

I could go for some ESPN2HD as well.

I gots a fever and the only prescription is more HD.

FWIW, I left Dish last month after one year of service. They showed absolutely no intentions of adding channels/programming. I am a D* subcriber now and can't wait to check out the OSU/FL Atlantic game tonight and all the football and basketball in HD this Fall and Winter on the Deuce HD. I left for one reason, more sports options with D*.

Curtis0620 said:
Only if you are counting quantity over quality. I'll take ESPN2-HD, Universal-HD, ABC-HD, NBC-HD, FOX-HD, and NFLST-HD, over all of VOOM.

As I get ABC-HD, NBC-HD, and FOX-HD via OTA and in better quality than what D* offers, I am not missing out on anything there. Wouldn't qualify to get them from E* even if they carried them.

No way would I pay $318 to watch NFL:ST-HD. Especially since I get all of my local team's games in HD via OTA for free.

So that leaves ESPN2-HD and Universal-HD. I would like to have both of these, although I would not trade all of the VOOM channels even up for them.

This is so stupid. ESPN doesn't have enough HD content for one channel let alone two. :mad:

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
This is so stupid. ESPN doesn't have enough HD content for one channel let alone two. :mad:

NightRyder
AGAIN, we are all in a transitionary period.

If you remember ESPN-HD in the beginning, there was almost nothing in true HD.

SimpleSimon said:
AGAIN, we are all in a transitionary period.

If you remember ESPN-HD in the beginning, there was almost nothing in true HD.

Yeah I understand that, but why does ESPN need two HD mirror channels (besides lining D$'s pockets)? Take all their HD content, put it on their current HD channel, and repeat it as necessary to fill the 24 hours.

btw: It's not necessary to shout, I can hear fine. :)

NightRyder

i agree with NightRyder. i so rarely see HD on ESPNHD that i would love for them to fill the one channel with HD rather than start a new one out of greed.

You have missed the point. During peak football and basketball seasons, ESPN could not show 2 Games in HD at the same time without 2 HD Channels. ESPN is ahead of the majority of companies and are set to go when the "switch" is made to all HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)