Coax to Rca converter

mrbluehead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
I have an issue maybe someone can help.

The coax input on my TV broke.:eek: And I currently have the TV feed with the RCA out on my receiver, but I want to move the receiver to another room. So I need something to convert my coax to RCA. I guess I could use an old VCR to do this, but I wasn't sure it there are some type of cheap modulators that work in this direction. I know they make them for RCA-Coax but unsure about this way.

So, Instead of a standard RCA -> Coax, you want to do the opposite.

You'll need a tuner of some sort to convert the coax out to RCA. ( A VCR will probably be your cheapest way of doing it )

I honestly don't know, though, There may be something out there.

mrbluehead: Maybe I don't understand your situation. But, Radshack makes an adapter to go from a coax RG6 type F plug to an RCA plug. It accepts the Male end of the F connector and the other end is a Male RCA plug. Part 278-252 $1.99

The old VCR trick is the way to go. I've seen plenty of RCA-RF modulators, but never any in the other direction.

RuralSatGuy said:
mrbluehead: Radshack makes an adapter to go from a coax RG6 type F plug to an RCA plug. It accepts the Male end of the F connector and the other end is a Male RCA plug. Part 278-252 $1.99

You CAN'T just take a RF signal and, with an adapter, change it to composite. As others have suggested, a VCR is the cheapest way to do what mrbluehead wants to do.

GeorgeLV said:
The old VCR trick is the way to go. I've seen plenty of RCA-RF modulators, but never any in the other direction.

The do make video demodulators but they cost as much as a VCR.