Comet TV

I have guide info now. Starting at 6am central on Oct 31 Tivo guide for KTUL 8.2 changes from Weather 24/7 to Johnny Soko and His Flying Robot followed by Men Into Space at 630.

KTUL was one of the first stations with a subchannel in Tulsa (Rtv and the Weather Loop) so it is one of the few subchannels Dish has listings for here. The Dish guide also switches info at 6am next Saturday.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I still think Minneapolis will get it at launch and replacing GetTV. Madison, WI is replacing GetTV with Comet and according to an engineer at AVS they also program Get (and Grit) for Minneapolis and also Milwaukee.

Also a couple other GetTV affiliates nearby are leaving for Comet.

I still think Minneapolis will get it at launch and replacing GetTV. Madison, WI is replacing GetTV with Comet and according to an engineer at AVS they also program Get (and Grit) for Minneapolis and also Milwaukee.

Also a couple other GetTV affiliates nearby are leaving for Comet.
Well for alot of folks sci fi will be more entertaining than Get. Honestly most of GetTV's movies are from so long ago I see why most people dont watch them....

I would rather watch stuff I probably haven't seen then the same loops over and over. I'm starting to lose interest in the Katz channels. They seem to have about a weeks worth of programming that's played for the whole month, then some of the movies just move over to the other Katz networks. I can usually find something interesting other than tv series on This or GET.

I would rather watch stuff I probably haven't seen then the same loops over and over.
I'm lucky, I have not been to a movie theatre in about thirty years, so any movie that comes on TV is new to me,
and I can watch in my underpants!
Have not seen any network sitcoms in 30 years. Seinfeld or Friends would be new to me. I have not seen a single episode of either. How many people do you know that have never seen Seinfeld or Friends? I mostly watch 50's 60's, 70's and any Documentaries.
Anyway, back to the topic:

No sign of Comet on WRLH 35.3 yet, no test pattern or guide info.​

I would rather watch stuff I probably haven't seen then the same loops over and over. I'm starting to lose interest in the Katz channels. They seem to have about a weeks worth of programming that's played for the whole month, then some of the movies just move over to the other Katz networks. I can usually find something interesting other than tv series on This or GET.
agreed.

I love how people will whine on the GetTV site or facebook about how they get pre-empted for sports. Well wait a few hours...I'm sure that same movie will be on ;)
I mean they have access to Merv Griffin and Judy Garland shows and they play them like 6 times a week

I have seen Seinfeld, but I'm one of those that didn't think it was as great as everyone else thought it was. Friends I like. Friends was my 68yr old Aunts favorite show. She watched it every day until she passed away.

Never know what will interest me. Right now I am enjoying the old documentaries on RTV Crusade in the Pacific and Crusade in Europe.

As for sport preempting the diginet, that happens to us on RTV when Sinclair preempts for the local Tulsa Drillers baseball games or other minor league baseball games and the college football games. Usually not too big a deal though as I usually watch those anyway.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Speaking of seinfield and friends. Love both them and unfortunately I watch them on cable(i know thats a curse word on this forum). The Fox channel in my market has got so much drama filled b.s. shows, the new nbc channel is just about nearly the same, the mntv has court tv all day so i have blocked the channels on my antenna grid on the tv. As for OSU reply on the Get and This I agree they dont show the same stuff (programming loops) over and over. As an individual that got all excited for the escape and grit launch in Lafayette next year, maybe there is no need. From what i been seeing off the WVUE and MNTV 39 subchannels both grit and escape are getting the thumbs down. We dont have laff butt I'll take your word on it. As for THIS TV, I take back what I said, I'd rather watch that than the KADN/NBC 46/MNTV Acadiana "Block of Drama" (sad to say despite KADN shows the big bang, friends, and Seinfeld). As for Comet, I'll email Mr. Wood later after it launches to see if he'll launch the sci fi subchannel later. Which I can see that happening in the Lafayette DMA regardless....Seems that Grit, Escape, and Laff is not as popular as one thought...

interesting...someone posted in Pittsburgh that CometTV is on 22-3 (Rabbitears thought 22-2) but they also added GetTV on 22-4 (it is right now on 53-2) and 22-2 as "ASN" which would be the American Sports Network (which is only part time)

In Seattle KOMO is dropping ThisTV for Comet
Meanwhile on Monday 11/2 FOX station KCPQ is adding ThisTV on 13-2

KCPQ is owned by Tribune (and This is part owned by them) so it makes sense

TitanTV shows Comet coming to KATV-DT2 (7.2) in Little Rock on Oct. 31 and will replace RTV. Can't say there is much there that I will care for. A lot of 1-2 star movies. Sometimes those can be so bad they are funny though.

DRCars