D12 Satellite Launched!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So this thread has turned into another Directv sucks and Dish is great from a few of our model members. Another positive thread gone down the tubes. I am not sure why all of these threads have to turn out this way.

All this fighting make me want to cry. :) I am hearing we may get an 'HD Bone' thrown to us by the end of the year but that is about it. Lets just play nice and have positive thoughts for D12.

Oh, I can think of a few sports additions I would like. Gameplan in HD for one. The college hoops package in HD would be nice. However, the main one I want is ESNPU in HD. After that, national HD or sports, it wont bother me one bit.

That said, I hope more national HD is added for those that want it. On the flip side, I hope the sports additions are added for those customers as well.

Gameplan HD is one option I would like to see. But I will take ESPNU HD, AMC HD, Travel Channel HD, Lifetime HD, Hallmark HD, TCM HD and E! HD + Style HD(My wife watches and I get sick of the horrible picture on my 37").

Also like everyone else Prem. HD. I have Starz and Showtime deal now. It sucks with all the Encore channels in SD.

So this thread has turned into another Directv sucks and Dish is great from a few of our model members. Another positive thread gone down the tubes. I am not sure why all of these threads have to turn out this way.
No one said D* sucks. If thats how you feel then thats too bad.
All most of us are saying is D* better increase their offerings to the rest of their customers this time around. Not just cater to the NFL ST Subscribers.

No one said D* sucks. If thats how you feel then thats too bad.
All most of us are saying is D* better increase their offerings to the rest of their customers this time around. Not just cater to the NFL ST Subscribers.

Edit: Comment not needed as you have already thrown the thread off enough.

I came to this thread to see the latest about the new sat going up soon .....
To bad theres no info outside of the first few pages ................. :rolleyes:

For some reason it turned into a "What so and so has vs D*"
Nothing to do even remotely about the upcoming Sat Launch .

Last edited:
I came to this thread to see the latest about the new sat going up soon .....
Yo bad theres no info outside of the first few pages ................. :rolleyes:

For some reason it turned into a "What so and so has vs D*"
Nothing to do even remotely about the upcoming Sat Launch .

meStevo said:
Yeah, drop the other stuff, lets talk about launch updates, please. Create a new thread for wishful thinking HD stuff or something.

:up

Honestly guys, most of what has been said so far has dealt with what we hoped would or would not be added when the new sat launches. I really dont see any one person taking it in any other direction as far as a bash D* thread.

That said, it really hasnt dealt with news of the launch I guess, so sorry about that. Ill let this one go I guess.

Hopefully we get some news soon.:up

A company spent MILLIONS of dollars to buy a sat and get it off the earth... Who the HELL thinks they don't have a plan? Wether that plan is smart or stupid.... they are COMMITTED!!!

Honestly guys, most of what has been said so far has dealt with what we hoped would or would not be added when the new sat launches. I really dont see any one person taking it in any other direction as far as a bash D* thread.

That said, it really hasnt dealt with news of the launch I guess, so sorry about that. Ill let this one go I guess.

Hopefully we get some news soon.:up
i thought so too. channel additions are tied with this launch so i thought it was ok to talk about it. :)

i thought so too. channel additions are tied with this launch so i thought it was ok to talk about it. :)

Rey. That type of talk is fine IMO. It is all the other BS that I have a problem with. Why does this thread have to have things about why I won't come back to Directv or what all of their problems are in general?

Rey. That type of talk is fine IMO. It is all the other BS that I have a problem with. Why does this thread have to have things about why I won't come back to Directv or what all of their problems are in general?
i guess we have enough of those threads already huh? :D i hear ya.........

But D* been around long enough that they should be able to cater to everyone.

What you say above is also true with E*. So its time for them to wake up and smell the roses too, and give their subs the opportunity to subscribe to YES and work out MSG HD problems, so the better than 20 million people in New York State and the bordering communities, don't have to go to other providers to get their teams in HD.

A company spent MILLIONS of dollars to buy a sat and get it off the earth... Who the HELL thinks they don't have a plan? Wether that plan is smart or stupid.... they are COMMITTED!!!
As for the millions spent on buying the satellite, I will remind you that D12 was originally commissioned as an on-ground spare for D10 and D11.

There's also an issue of wanting to have a BSS presence that may be driving the rush.

As for the millions spent on buying the satellite, I will remind you that D12 was originally commissioned as an on-ground spare for D10 and D11.

This is true, but did you really expect it to NOT be the next one to go up ?

I would not be at all surprised if D* has the next sat being built as a spare for this one as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts