Difference between HR 44-200,500,700?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What an idiot. I would have taken the HR54 any day over the HR44.

If it's missing the phone jack who the hell cares. Nobody has used caller ID in years.

As far as the video outputs, it requires a breakout cable.

I deal with this same crap every once and a while. Some idiot gave this customer the wrong info, and everyone the customer speaks to after is now wrong.

If it was me today, knowing what I know, this would have been a 10 minute conversation. The customer takes what's on my truck or I leave.

I really don't care if the HR44 is new or reconditioned. It's all leased equipment and covered under warranty.

I used to want all my equipment new also, but if it goes bad, your getting a refurbished unit anyways. So what is the point arguing trying to get a new one.

I had a customer pull this same crap with me 10 or 12 years ago with a Dish 811. We must have went out there 6 times to swap boxes, and each time the customer insisted on a new one vs a refurbished unit.

It was a software issue in Dish Networks side, but he was a new customer and we wanted to keep him happy because he was within the chargeback period for a new install.

It was irritating because each time we had to pay to ship the bad box back to Dish and pay to send a tech.

The last time we went out there, the customer told us he had just recently had Dish swap his 811 again.

That was a good enough excuse for us to tell the customer to call Dish Directly for all future replacements.

I hated to do that, but between un necessary tech service calls and shipping I was out almost $400!

It didn't help matters the 811's from Dish where complete garbage.

Not true. I have a van full of HR 54's. No HR 44's at all. All new installs or service swaps and upgrades are now getting HR 54's. I service swapped a HR 34 with a HR 54 today with no problem at all. Tried to update the guy to one the other day, but he didn't want it because it didn't have the caller ID feature with it nor a place for RCA jacks. Old Timer who don't like change.
Well then, there's probably dozens of threads on this forum that need to be updated, because we're all being told here that DirecTV doesn't allocate HR54 receivers unless they're for 4K, especially given the hardware similarities.

Or, someone's been letting loose on a lot of gossip that we're all falling for.

Either way, no harm meant; thanks for the update. Perhaps we're assuming too much when DirecTV says that you have to have an HR54 to receive 4K, and we're thinking that means that only 4K-requested tickets will get an HR54.

:)

Or, maybe DirecTV has changed their policy and *everyone* who's getting a Genie DVR now gets the HR54, regardless of their programming package, number of receivers, etc.

Either way, we're more than happy with our HR44, knowing that trying to upgrade would require another contractual commitment.

If all that's available to a tech is the HR54, then that's what you will get on a genie install. If they have HR44s on their truck and you aren't getting a 4K install, then you will get the HR44.

As chip says....you can't ask for an HR54 unless yuou have 4K. But if the tech only has HR54s, and you are a new customer or he's upgrading someone to Genie, you'll get an HR54. It's been like that for several months depending on where you are located and what the tech is given.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)