Digital Deluxe Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't know what it is with H2H, but the colors and picture just "pop" compared to our Dish Network and OTA channels. Dish Network can keep their free HD for life which are sometimes stretched or have a 4x3 picture with banners on the side. I prefer my SD H2H channels with awesome picture quality.

Thats what happens when you transmit the original full resolution of 640x 480 vs first downrezing the Y smaller and the C even smaller to cram more in the mux and then let the decoding expand it back to the original size. H2h don't downrez anything. Shaw (Starchoice) also has that eye popping look :) DC2 is really a good system except for Motorola in the drivers seat.

Look at this to understand more how pizza compresses: http://www.tsreader.com/mpeg/index.html#scpcmcpc

Last night I turned on RFD and watched "Hee Haw" with my wife at 7PM via H2H. I don't know what it is with H2H, but the colors and picture just "pop" compared to our Dish Network and OTA channels. Dish Network can keep their free HD for life which are sometimes stretched or have a 4x3 picture with banners on the side. I prefer my SD H2H channels with awesome picture quality.

I've had a BUD since the time Syfy first aired on 125 w. I'm guessing, maybe 1995 or so. Then I moved a few years later. And because of where I had moved at the time, installing the BUD was out of the question. So I went a few years without a BUD. I tried both Dish and Direct during that time. At first I was very dissatisfied with the PQ, after having watched the analog masters for a number of years. But eventually I got accustomed to the PQ and thought it now looked ok.

Then I moved again and was now able to put a BUD up again. This would have been when HITS was still on KU. At the time I had a Sony CRT HD capable tv. I eventually subbed to some HITS feeds on KU. I was blown away by how the picture popped on my CRT Sony. I was even more blown away by how the masters popped even more. At the time, there were both analog and digital masters. And here all that time I thought the Pizza PQ looked fairly ok afterall, when in reality, it looked like crap compared to the feeds from the BUD. In all fairness tho, this was when HD wasn't even avail with Pizza yet, and it was all SD feeds instead. Folks put down pizza PQ when it comes to the HD feeds, but I have been to Sears, where they were running Discovery HD via Pizza on all their sets. I didn't notice anything wrong with the pic. It looked perfectly fine to me.
There's no way anything on H2H even remotely compares to that HD feed I saw at Sears those times. I doubt that I ever get pizza again. But I'm not as prejudiced against it as I once was. But I still don't care to get it again.

My favorite channel on the 4DTV is Encore Westerns, which I get in the Starz Pack from SRL. However, the picture on X4 is definately not as good as the digital picture we had on G1. It is especially noticeable in the blacks. Even better was the analog picture on G9. That was probably a master, and the DVDs I recorded from G9 still blow away the picture on X4. Still, when I compare X4 and Directv side-by-side, the X4 picture is much better.

X4 is not a master and cannot compete with them. Although the H2H feeds are used to feed cable headends so they need to be of a higher standard than pizza delivers to the consumer. I miss the master feeds. Thank you NPS, YSP, Charlie Ergan and all those conformists that made pizza the substandard that is commonplace.We at least still have one up on pizza with our buds though.

We at least still have one up on pizza with our buds though.

Actually two! No rain fade and the ability to hook up a FTA HD receiver and really get an awesome picture. I traded the Coolsat for a damaged AZbox elite. It won't output power anymore to the LNB. But, it was perfect for someone like me who can slave it off a 4DTV receiver that powers the LNB anyways. Maybe it can be fixed. I don't know. But, i love the picture. If i can get it fixed i'll probally dump the 4DTV altogether and get a Gbox to move the bud and a LNBF. It'll make life a little more easier.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)