Directv Press Conference Recap

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lol, I mean I am sorry but how many people are going to shell out for one of those...

I am already taking my laptop when I travel on business. Am I bringing this, also? Probably not. "And you reserved a King, non-smoking, southern exposure room. Enjoy your stay."
:hatsoff:

So what exactly is the point in paying 99 cents per nbc, cbs show episode when you have a dvr that can record them for free?

Well now that I think about it, considering the hr20 misses 30 percent of recordings, its a good failsafe.

Question about quality and compression. Committed to bringing the best quality to the customer. Commited to providing an experience the customer expects.

Some other guy comes on and says the signal they are providing is of a superior quality than competitors and thier research says that customers are satisfied with the product they offer.

"What are your plans to address your current PQ and your compression and what about distributing films in 1080p24p.
They are committed to quality and want to meet their customers expectations.
They have plans to excede what a TV can support and believe they are exceeding other providers. They currently have no plans to support 1080 24p. We are going to persue things that add value for our customers."

Bwahahahahahahaha

Question about quality and compression. Committed to bringing the best quality to the customer. Commited to providing an experience the customer expects.

Some other guy comes on and says the signal they are providing is of a superior quality than competitors and thier research says that customers are satisfied with the product they offer.
Uh Ha ... Ha ... HA hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

i seriously want to know what he meant by that. if a tv can support 1080p, and in the same sequence he said they have no plans to support 1080p, then what is he talking about when referring to exceeding what a tv can support? damn i wish i were there to ask questions...

i seriously want to know what he meant by that. if a tv can support 1080p, and in the same sequence he said they have no plans to support 1080p, then what is he talking about when referring to exceeding what a tv can support? damn i wish i were there to ask questions...

Or they plan to come up with their own resolution......1280i lite perhaps.....it might look as good as true 720p

Engaget is now grilling the guy on hdlite and signal recompression, should be a good interview. (this is one on one after the conference).

Engaget is now grilling the guy on hdlite and signal recompression, should be a good interview. (this is one on one after the conference).

You will have to update us on what he finds out.

Looks like the only press releases from this are about the gaming leagues and sat to go.........why am I not surprised

I'm looking forward to seeing the NASCAR Hot Pass. I'm a casual race fan at best, but think the multiple camera thing will make the race alot more interesting from the perspective of the couch.

I also like the talk of more HD programming this year...I like that alot...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)