DIRECTV statement regarding NFL HD 2007

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh but V, we dont know if its just MPEG2 version or an MPEG4 version. So we understand that some dont want to move to MPEG4 because they like their Tivo, but something has to give.

ST superfans must be a small group and easily identifiable. Superfan could have had a mandatory requirement to lease an mpeg4 reciever. ST HD junkies are going to do whatever they have to to get their fix IMO.

ST superfans must be a small group and easily identifiable. Superfan could have had a mandatory requirement to lease an mpeg4 reciever. ST HD junkies are going to do whatever they have to to get their fix IMO.

And HD package with HR10-250 aren't? Dude thats a simple query on 2 tables in their database.

I fully expected TNT-HD to be shut down again but wonder if they'll also need to do another channel since this year they have more CBS-HD games to carry plus D* said they would have the RedZone channel in HD this year also. Wonder how they'll fit those in this year?

TNT on D10 ASAP makes a lot of sense. I suspect that if a MPEG4 Tivo is on the horizon, it is way out in the future (certainly not in time for this years ST). There will probably be reductions in HD PPV (minimal content anyway, so far) and I wonder about the few full-time RSNs. You can only stuff so much down the narrow MPEG2 pipe.

since i have vurbano on ignore i can't quote that last post. but let me say this.........when dtv says mpeg2 this year, what part don't you under?

this is such crap, the minute i see that TNT HD is missing, i'm calling them and getting out of this contract, it's not fair, they can't shut down an HD channel because 5% of their subs pay $250 to watch ST, that's bull, and they will get a call from me for sure

Not that it matters to me, but some of us have older HD receiversd than have benn mentioned in this thread so far. I have a Panasonic, a HTL-HD and a couple of HIRD-E86. Just bought another E86 for $24.

Having a good OLD time while it lasts. :D

Oh, there is an advantage to waiting. I still have HD Distants. :)

this is such crap, the minute i see that TNT HD is missing, i'm calling them and getting out of this contract, it's not fair, they can't shut down an HD channel because 5% of their subs pay $250 to watch ST, that's bull, and they will get a call from me for sure

You don't even know what is on the freakin channel that your missing yet?

Geeez, some folks are just plain complainers. Good god, its about 5 hours on a Sunday. I hope D*s response to any complaints are "shut up already"
you guys only call to try to get some freebies anyway. Its pathetic!

What you gonna do when they shut down *all* of MPEG2 HD in about a year.

By the way, you call then and their response will be simple this year. "We'll upgrade you to an MPEG4 receiver so you can receive TNT-HD on Sunday's."

By they way, I can pretty much guarantee you that there are more people watching Sunday Ticket Superfan then TNT-HD.

By the way, you call then and their response will be simple this year. "We'll upgrade you to an MPEG4 receiver so you can receive TNT-HD on Sunday's."
I didn't see that as something mentioned in Mercers response as an option. Do you have factual inside informantion, from someone beside a CSR, that D* will be mirroring all the current MPEG2 HD on the MPEG4 channels as soon as D10 goes live or is it just an educated guess on your part?

I didn't see that as something mentioned in Mercers response as an option. Do you have factual inside informantion, from someone beside a CSR, that D* will be mirroring all the current MPEG2 HD on the MPEG4 channels as soon as D10 goes live or is it just an educated guess on your part?

no, i don't have any info regarding that......nor have i heard anything.

i already have the H20 box which is MPEG4 ready, i don't care if they switch TNT HD to mpeg4, that would be great, but for people that are paying for service and then they get it shut off because someone is paying more, and not everyone that's paying more, is crap

I get folks dont watch football and definately care about HD channels. What I dont understand is folks being upset when there is a way to watch all your HD channels. Period. I know there is a love affair with Tivo or holding on to your old hardware and I am certainly a huge Tivo fan having one since 1999. But Directv has made it clear for the past 2 years you need their MPEG4 capable receivers for HD. So you have a choice. Either keep your Tivo/old box and deal with its limitations or partake of a new generation and enjoy everything. Thats just the way it is.

No, but it only makes sense to do this. Honestly I made a prediction months ago on several forums that with the new CBS games they would have to shutdown TNT and possibly more to handle it. And thus when the channels on MPEG4 (which again, makes total sense) they then have a way "out" to offer those customers an upgrade so they can watch the channels again on Sunday. It was either that or offer some ST HD games in MPEG4 only and frankly they'll piss more customers off doing that then those that are hard up for Law and Order reruns on TNTHD.

May not happen but it's all coming together. :)

No, but it only makes sense to do this. Honestly I made a prediction months ago on several forums that with the new CBS games they would have to shutdown TNT and possibly more to handle it. And thus when the channels on MPEG4 (which again, makes total sense) they then have a way "out" to offer those customers an upgrade so they can watch the channels again on Sunday. It was either that or offer some ST HD games in MPEG4 only and frankly they'll piss more customers off doing that then those that are hard up for Law and Order reruns on TNTHD.

May not happen but it's all coming together. :)

While they MAY mirror the current MPEG2 on MPEG4, D* hasn't said they would and IMHO, you shouldn't be responding to other members questsions with statements that they WILL, like you have been, just so there are no false expectations, saying it's your opinion in the responses would be OK. As for the prediction, I've been also saying that for a long time and also saying it might be more then just TNT-HD since besides CBS HD games they also need to cover the RedZone which is in HD this year.

i gotta agree with RAD here. there has been no official word from directv about mirroring hd channels once dtv 10 is operational. it hasn't been told to me and i don't think its officially been told to anyone else here who is in regular contact with directv.

They did it last year and they will do it this year. The difference is this year you are not paying for the channels. You are only paying for HD Access to whatever channels are provided. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)