DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Dumb move on dish part So I will drop my everthing pack to go with Dish Platinum so I can get blockbuster. Dish this is dumb as you will lose revenue.

Scott, so $10 a month for even top 250 which i have and everything pack ? what are they going to do with the dish platinum channels? ty for help and they keep saying top 200 was just wondering about other packages
dont24..This is what I'd like to know as well. What about us with top 250 and Platinum package? Too bad I no longer have a Blockbuster B&M in my area.

I'd like to know this too. I have Dish Platinum, so does it means I automatically enrolled, qualified?
If this is not replacing Platinum and I have to pay $10 extra a month, not for me. I already have several Redbox's in my area, plus a local video store
that has rental fees to compete with Redbox. Big plus is no waiting 28 days for some of the new releases.

The movie channels listed as included in teh package were definatlely the current Platinum package changes except they included Starz. Epix, Sony, MGM, Pixle were all on the list of included channels with movie streams available off the top of my head.

I am told it is replacing DISH Platinum.

Wow! One you think this bit of info should have been part of their big announcent? Hopefully, just replacing and not replacing with a higher monthly fee. It sounds to me like Starz may be added to the BlockBuster movie pass at a higher cost to us.

Dumb move on dish part So I will drop my everthing pack to go with Dish Platinum so I can get blockbuster. Dish this is dumb as you will lose revenue.

Not really as they will have more people going to their services. It will no longer just be E* subs but BB and then add other devices (I'm betting).

The announcement today is really only for Dish customers. Anyone who is not a Dish customer stay tuned as they will make further announcements in the future.

But basically it's a $10 add on (not clear that it will replace the platinum package- unless that was answered in the Q&A portion when I stepped away for a minute). It will include: streaming to internet enabled receivers (not clear which models), traditional movie channels (sounds like the platinum package), streaming to PCs via dish online (with aditional blockbuster movie pass section), one DVD out at a time with unlimited in store exchanges. No additional cost for BluRay discs or video games (rather than DVDs).

Free for one year to new subs, unclear if that is only AT200 and above. They demoed it on the 922, and that interface looks very nice for this service. It'll be interesting to see what it will look like on the older vip receivers.

I'd like to know how they will handle merging accounts for people that currently have both services.

Hope that summary helps.

Im guessing I could drop my BB online down to 1 or 2, and then add this package to get my other movie. Cost would be a little more overall, but Id get a lot of nice channels. I have access to BB streaming on my Oppo 93.

I use the 3 out at a time, so Im wondering how I can merge them. I need 3 discs out at a time, if this is just a one out with other services, does not really work for me. Im guessing there will be other tiers, maybe. Ill have to see what all comes in this $11 package.

They said for 2 discs will be $15 and for 3 $20

Ah, thanks! Is that with the channels too? So $10 for 1 out, $15 for 2 out and $20 for 3 out. That would be awesome, I pay $16.99 for 3 out now with nothing else.

Starz rejected the recent Netflix offer of $300 million to renew the streaming contract. BB bought rights so it makes sense if they put Starz in the new Movie Pass package.

But, why would Starz agree to this? If Starz content is available on demand in conjunction with all the other platinum channels and streaming content, why would anyone opt to pay for the Starz multiplex package when they could get this? (Broadband limitations for some subs aside, this would seem like a big financial hit to Starz after Dish one year of free Starz pomotion is up in February.)

In the demo, they tried to play "The Social Network" and I saw the StarzPlay logo. The movie never started up...just the spinning circle

On DirecTV, the linear on-demand premium channels have nowhere near the quantity of movies as the HBO-GO/Max-GO channels. I'm wondering if Dish will have more selections on-demand than DirecTV for the premiums. Most likely, yes for Starz...

If this is not replacing Platinum and I have to pay $10 extra a month, not for me. I already have several Redbox's in my area, plus a local video store
that has rental fees to compete with Redbox. Big plus is no waiting 28 days for some of the new releases.

Can any Dish CSR reps on this forum confirm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts